Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. (2081 Views)

Roof Felt And Leakages Repair / Marble And Terrazzo Polishing And Restoration / Precautions For Shower Room - How To Prevent Water Leakages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2017
Good day people.
I opened this thread to discuss about roofing problems and solutions to it based on previous experiences. Everybody is welcomed here.

Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:58am On Jul 09, 2017
A roof is an integral part of the aesthetics of a building. It's a statement of Elegance and Affluence.

But what do you do when this roof you spent millions of naira on starts to leak It can't be quite depressing..

Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by mufutau55(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
Very, very unhappy situation.
Hope we shall learn something here.

Hajji M.
Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2017
Sometime last year (August or thereabouts) we did a roof somewhere in Ogun state. The covering was 0.55mm Metcoppo bought from Sumo Aluminium company.. Around March this year, Client called me that his roof is leaking in different places and he wasn't happy. Initially, I thought it was going to be nail holes that weren't covered properly by the boys.
Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by Memejem: 3:29am On Aug 16, 2017
How did you fix it?

KolaShangOne:
Sometime last year (August or thereabouts) we did a roof somewhere in Ogun state. The covering was 0.55mm Metcoppo bought from Sumo Aluminium company.. Around March this year, Client called me that his roof is leaking in different places and he wasn't happy. Initially, I thought it was going to be nail holes that weren't covered properly by the boys.

Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by FastShipping: 4:30am On Aug 16, 2017
Memejem:
How did you fix it?

I guess he has to be cajoled and begged to continue.
Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2017
The site was in another state. More than 150km away.
I got there and I was also startled. We had up to 4 leaking points looking like this (scattered drop points in somewhat straight lines ).

Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 8:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
More..

Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2017
Prior to my own visit, i had already sent some guys over about 3 different times to make amendments and we still got the "its still leaking" report.

Of course the Client has been told that we "managed wood" to reduce cost and we also didnt "lap the aluminium" well also to reduce cost and those were the cause of the leaks.

Before we started installation of this roof last year, we noticed that the corrugation was not uniform so some parts didnt lay well (factory fault). So i went 2 weeks after installation to check for leakages back then.
Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by KolaShangOne(m): 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
There was already another school of thought who said we didn't lay our purlin correctly, that we also didnt lap the aluminium very well because we were trying to minimise materials..

Fast forward, we bought some 2x3 wood and fixed it between existing purlins in order to close up the space left by the unevenly lapped sheets. This helped to stop space showing between sheets but it didnt stip the leaking. After a very heavy downpour we discovered it was still leaking.
Re: Roofing Problems / Solutions: Leakages, Repair And Restoration. by buddie(m): 6:13am On Jan 10, 2019
@ KolaShangOne Can i get an estimate for roofing using 0.45 longspan aluminium or steptiles from attached drawing? It is a 4 bedroom bungalow without parapet, i'm yet to get a quotation for the woodwork either.

(1) (Reply)

Fairfield Apartments, Abijo, Ajah. A Wonderful Lakeview Apartments Selling Fast / River View Estate Extension,isheri North. / Concrete Blocks For Construction Projects By Tajiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.