Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,386 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) (4297 Views)

Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / SS2 Student Expelled For Sleeping With Classmate's Dad And Teacher's Husband / China's CRCC To Build A University In Lagos Or Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Rokaa(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
This thread is about a phenomenon called pareidolia or apophenia. The pedestrian interpretation of the two terms is seeing faces where they don't actually exists. You stare at a wall painting and see a lady blushing, people see a graffiti but you saw angry looking adult, the stains in your wooden ceiling is a person without a nose, you watch the clouds and see spongebob staring back at you.

You are not mad if you experience this, perceiving meaningful shapes in random patterns is inherent in us. Unless the faces move or talk, it is safe to assume you're fine.

Take a look at photo below, do you see a logo or a moustached-squirrel-toothed-dude with a cap about to sleep.

http://www.arewaonline.com/39/a-university-logo-or-a

lalasticlala mynd44 seun
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by fratermathy(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2017
I can't see anything bro. Looks normal to me.

4 Likes

Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Rokaa(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2017
fratermathy:
I can't see anything bro. Looks normal to me.

It's less likely in some people, and not all that experience it get it in all photos/shapes/objects. There're tons of photos online check some and see if they'll appear like faces.

If they don't it means your right fusiform face area can only identify true faces.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by NairalandCS(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Lool I saw it.

Although, I only see it if I'm shaking my phone.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Rokaa(m): 7:05pm On Jul 05, 2017
NairalandCS:
Lool I saw it.

Although, I only see it if I'm shaking my phone.

I saw a face the instance i see the photo.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by wins18(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2017
This happpens to me alot when I was a kid, if you experience this, then you are a good artist, you can map out picture from it and draw, used to gaze at the wall until the marks on it turns into a scary picture, sometimes cool one, one can also easily compose story with it.

2 Likes

Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Teletexter: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2017
Are my eyes bad or something? 'cos I don't seem to be seeing anything.

Wait ... let me turn my phone upside down ... undecided
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 06, 2017
Rokaa:
This thread is about a phenomenon called pareidolia or apophenia. The pedestrian interpretation of the two terms is seeing faces where they don't actually exists. You stare at a wall painting and see a lady blushing, people see a graffiti but you saw angry looking adult, the stains in your wooden ceiling is a person without a nose, you watch the clouds and see spongebob staring back at you.

Take a look at photo below, do you see a logo or a moustached-squirrel-toothed-dude with a cap about to sleep.

You could consider a career in animation..
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Rokaa(m): 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2017
alignacademy:

You could consider a career in animation..

I would fail, i have no doubt.

The drawings in my secondary & primary school notebooks are an eyesore. The humans and animals will give you nightmares.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 06, 2017
Rokaa:
I would fail, i have no doubt.

The drawings in my secondary & primary school notebooks are an eyesore. The humans and animals will give you nightmares.

It takes an imaginative mind to see patterns beyond the obvious

You have a creative flair; I hope you're using it in whatever career you are in now
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by modextus(m): 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2017
Even as a student of this very institution, never noticed any sleeping man.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by nabiz(m): 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2017
i also have similar talent, especially when i am looking at shadow
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by fireprince14(m): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2017
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by ItsBolaji: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
Yeah it happens to me a lot.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by ades0la(f): 12:12am On Jul 07, 2017
I see a sitting frog with closed eyes.
Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by olablogs86: 1:20am On Jul 07, 2017
WAHALA DEY O! New Cult Groups, I Need Money And Face Lagos, Emerge In Lagos

http://onnlive.com/2017/06/22/wahala-dey-o-new-cult-groups-i-need-money-and-face-lagos-emerges-in-lagos/

Re: A University Logo Or A Sleeping Man Face (photo) by Evangkatsoulis: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2020
Fvck.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2019/20 Admission Thread / First To Interpret This Has 1k Recharge Card / Sniper Is Not An Easy Killer, It's An Organ Eating ,liquid Monster.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.