Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Is Swine Flu A Reap Off By Scientists - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Swine Flu A Reap Off By Scientists (700 Views)

Swine Flu In Nigeria: Girl Tests Positive In Lagos / First Swine Flu Death Recorded In Africa / Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Swine Flu A Reap Off By Scientists by unitee(f): 9:46pm On Jan 30, 2010
I have read over and over again the signs and symptoms of this so called epidemic, but honestly I have failed to differentiate it from any other flu that has afflicted people before. I am made to believe someone just wanted to make money and created this pandemic. I could be wrong tho but I need strong conviction that it really exists.
Scientists are good at SCARE AND REAP SYNDROME, I am one of them though.

what do you think guys??
Re: Is Swine Flu A Reap Off By Scientists by agathamari(f): 9:37am On Jan 31, 2010
swine flu is a type of flu virus. the symptoms and treatments are the same. the issue with it is the fact it is a newly mutated animal virus that now humans can contract. this is no different then bird flu a few years ago (which is still very much around) or the bat flu from earlier last century. medical professionals have already stated that this strain is no more deadly then the yearly flu and is actuly slightly less. the yearly flu generaly kills the very young, the ederly and those with weak imune systems. the swine flu has caused no elderly deaths in most countries causeing scientist to conclude that this mutation of a swine flu to be reminents of the bat flu (also passed by pigs) alowing the elderly to have a mild imunity to it. they did an hour long program in tv about this a few weeks ago.
Re: Is Swine Flu A Reap Off By Scientists by face969: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2010
'Reap' off or no 'reap' off the only peeps benefitting from this flu epidemic are the Tami-flu peeps.

(1) (Reply)

How To Lose Weight: 10 Effective Steps To A Great Body / Strange New Marks On Face / Intresting !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.