Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) (1032 Views)

Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / 10 Most Expensive Cars In The World / 9 Most Expensive Cars That Were Found Abandoned (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) by autojosh: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2017
Some say old junk don’t have value, well the idea changes when the ‘junk’ was cast in an old popular movie. Here are some of the cars that were used in vintage movies and their current price tags.

1966 Batmobile
The original Batmobile concept car was developed by Ford and the Lincoln Styling Department. This car’s worth is N1.7 billion ($4.6m) currently.

1964 Aston Martin DB5
The Aston Martin was driven by James Bond in Gold finger, the car’s estimated worth is N1.7 billion ($4.6m).

1971 Porsche 908.02
The car was cast in Steve McQueen’s Le Mans and was auctioned for N999 million ($2.7m).

1929 Duesenberg Model J
This vintage car answered the name “rolls-royce”, its now worth N888 million ($2.4m).

1955 Ferrari 750 Monza Spider Corsa
The car was recently auctioned off for over N925 million ($2.5 m)

1956 Ferrari 375 MM Berlinetta
The cars first owner premiered it in an italian movie “La Fortuna di Essere Donna“, hence it fetched N1.7 billion ($4.6 m) at an auction.

1956 Ferrari 250 GT LWB Berlinetta
The antique Ferrari managed to pull in almost N2.5 billion ($6.7 m) at an auction.

1965 Cobra
This is one of six Cobras built by Carroll Shelby. It was then leased to Paramount Pictures to star in the movie Redline 7000. It pulled in over N2.8 billion ($7.7 m) at an auction.

1961 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder
At an RM Auction in 2008, British TV and radio personality Chris Evans purchased the car for N4 billion ($10.9 m).

1968 Ford Gulf GT40
For N4.7 billion ($11 m), This is the most expensive American car ever sold at auction for good reason, Apart from the successful race history, being among the first ever cars which used carbon fiber to achieve rigidity and light weight which are now used in formula 1 cars, it was associated with one of the few people in history with the Midas touch: Steve McQueen.

https://autojosh.com/10-expensive-movie-cars-oldies/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2017
Who watched any of these movies within 0-10 years of its production?

Please signify, I will be attaching Big Daddy or Big Mummy to your sobriquet. Make person no go argue with im progenitor one day.

Batmobile is one iconic car from movies.

Goldfinger (Sean Connery), I have watched that one.
Nice list OP. I like the "Rolls Royce".

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) by nurey(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2017
the person above me na wa for you, you don go scatter family section you don come here come challenge again, anyway you know your crime embarassed

what of the back to future car, its should be the most expensive of the lot, just saying
Re: 10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
nurey:
the person above me na wa for you, you don go scatter family section you don come here come challenge again, anyway you know your crime embarassed

what of the back to future car, its should be the most expensive of the lot, just saying
I don't know my crime.

Back to the Future car _ DeLorean DMC-12, was sold at $541,000.
Maybe it would have made the list if OP increased it to 15.
Add it as notable mentions.

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) by nurey(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2017
PaperLace:

I don't know my crime.

Back to Future car _ DeLorean DMC-12, was sold at $541,000.

Maybe it would have made the list if OP increased it to 15.
Add it as notable mentions.

Nah you buy am? make i come help you crash am

Re: 10 Most Expensive Cars From Vintage Movies (photos) by ihustler(m): 6:22pm On Jul 05, 2017
PaperLace:
Who watched any of these movies within 0-10 years of its production?

Please signify, I will be attaching Big Daddy or Big Mummy to your sobriquet. Make person no go argue with im progenitor one day.

Batmobile is one iconic car from movies.

Goldfinger (Sean Connery), I have watched that one.
Nice list OP. I like the "Rolls Royce".

Hey, I saw Goldfinger, Love Bug, Le 'Mans and Batman and Robin.

Not in the years you mentioned above sha...but quite a long time ago..

(1) (Reply)

Traffic Law Offenders Would Prefer To Be Arrested By Nigeria Police / Dhgghg / Urgent Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.