Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Gale Of Defections Hit Ogun Apc - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gale Of Defections Hit Ogun Apc (327 Views)

Ogun APC Vows To Reverse Amosun’s Last-minute Appointments, Contracts / Season Of 'defections' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gale Of Defections Hit Ogun Apc by impact231(m): 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2017
2019: Gale of defections hit Ogun APC

This may not be the best of times for the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State as no fewer than 30 members of the party defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Wednesday in Ilaro district, Yewa South Local Government Area of Ogun State.

This is coming a day after about 20 members of the APC from the same local government defected to the PDP ahead of the 2019 general elections.

The defectors, who were led by Chief (Mrs.) Kolawole Wosilatu, said their defection was informed by Senator Buruji Kashamu's leadership attributes.

"We moved from the PDP to the APC few months ago. But today, after taking a close look at the prevailing political situation, we have decided to return home. We are back in PDP for good; we have seen the difference. The APC is not reliable; we cannot remain in a party where favouritism and selfishness reign supreme. It is evident that APC cannot move us forward. We are tired of the hardship being inflicted on us by the APC," she said.

Wosilat said they were encouraged by the relentless efforts of the PDP leadership to get them back to the party.

Receiving the defectors on behalf of the Ogun State PDP Chairman, the State Coordinator of Omoilu Foundation, Mr. Leke Shittu said the PDP was being restructured from the ward level to the state level in order to be well positioned for future challenges.

(1) (Reply)

Police Dismiss Report On Evans Vanishing From Custody / S O S ; An Icon Of Change / Learn How I Make Thou Sands Ever Y Week ( F R I E N D S H I P A I D S . C O M )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.