Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith (7578 Views)

Pictures From The BEZ Concert / Rooftop Mcs: Lagimo / Need Info On Modele's Adara Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by eldee(m): 12:44am On Jan 31, 2010
If we're going to start re-branding Nigeria, we must at least change the mentality of the young people.
At least this was the concept behind this Naija All-Star collabo.

How many times do you see a cypher that's not full of rappers trying to talk about how good they are??
Well this is probably a first. . . This is turning rappers from just cocky, successful plonkers to role-models.
If music is the CNN of the youth, this is African Voices.

Is it a great song?? Come on . . . this is Cobhams meets MI and Banky . . . we all know how good Rooftop MCs are and the vocals of Modele and the talent of Omawunmi help to get us in the music. . . oh sh[i]i[/i]t, who's this Wordsmith guy??

Does it deliver the message?? In my opinion, it does.

''I'm living proof that there's dignity in labour'' . . . if the future leaders are saying this, then we have hope.
M.I's 'are we cyber criminals, no we are the mineral resources of Nigeria' tells us that we are raw talents that can be sought after if well exploited.

Apart from the fact they were just volunteers, you know rappers mean business when they give a whole new meaning to one of the most used words in hiphop culture . . . BLING.

'BLING in this case means we are 'Brilliant, Legitimate, Inspired, Nigerian and Great'. . .this is an attempt to allow a feeling of communal responsibility to diffuse to the listeners.
For the first time, the right people are admitting that the easiest way to change the perception of Nigeria is to change the mentality of Nigerians.

All in all, I think this song should be burnt on CDs and bumped in our rooms and cars to spread the message.

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/01/28/leakmaga-no-need-pay-ft-banky-w-m-i-rooftop-mcs-omawumi-modele-bez-wordsmith/
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 2:54am On Jan 31, 2010
Hmmmm
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by eldee(m): 2:56am On Jan 31, 2010
I saw one reply in my Updated Topics list . . . and it's 'hmmmm'
Na wa oooo . . . na so una hate Naija reach??

1 Like

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 3:08am On Jan 31, 2010
Lol. I never hear the song na. I'm on phone so I can't stream
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by tboy81(m): 6:25am On Jan 31, 2010
I've listened to that song 10-15 times today.

A song with a powerful message backed by wonderful lyrics. I always respect Cobhams productions.

This song should be drummed into the minds of naija youths with the get-rich-quick mentality.

This link below also has the lyrics (and didn't have any 'interjections' in the song like the notjustok link)
http://sheifunmi.com/?p=2976

Enjoy!
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by lalaboi(m): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2010
Its been on repeat on the ipod since yesterday. . . . One of the best songs with great meaning to come out of naija. . . ,

But why M.I had enough time for his long bars and everyone else's was limited. . . .?
Na preferential treatment o. . grin

1 Like

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by javalove(m): 9:14am On Jan 31, 2010
Nice. . .!

Modenine has been doing this stuff almost since he started music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by rapjunkie(m): 11:18am On Jan 31, 2010
lalaboi:

Its been on repeat on the ipod since yesterday. . . . One of the best songs with great meaning to come out of naija. . . ,

But why M.I had enough time for his long bars and everyone else's was limited. . . .?
Na preferential treatment o. . grin

i thought so too. . . .
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by osasp(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2010
mehn u need 2 see people having a go at d artists for making the song, saying its d maga guys dat spend d big cheese at their shows, buying VIP tickets and what not, interesting argument
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
Yeah, I saw that on notjustok.com. Omo, boyz dey vex o. Lol
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by showbobo(m): 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2010
“Dey do pick YAHOO guys, but they don’t have the tins that they will use… Cause YAHOO guys, most of them they use JASS and other tins… Outside the country, outside Nigeria, they feel we are the most DEMON people, like JASS, different tins, every bad tins”

1 Like

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by showbobo(m): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
Been listening to the song all day. . . . . Nice one
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by eldee(m): 1:25pm On Jan 31, 2010
javalove:

Nice. . .!

Modenine has been doing this stuff almost since he started music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah . . . Modenine's message is 'stay poor'. grin grin grin
These guys are saying do everything to be rich and successful, just don't go illegal.

osasp:

mehn u need 2 see people having a go at d artists for making the song, saying its d maga guys dat spend d big cheese at their shows, buying VIP tickets and what not, interesting argument

If I make a kitchen knife and someone buys it and decides to stab someone, am I a murderer too??
That's a stupid argument . . . don't yahoo boys spend more money on Starcomms internet services than anyone else??
Is Starcomms now illegal for providing the platform for them to scam people??

MI and Banky are providing music for everyone, now if the yahoo boys decide to spend their stolen money at these shows, it would be stupid to say they are helping them or vice-versa.

Genuflect:

Yeah, I saw that on notjustok.com. Omo, boyz dey vex o. Lol

Half the time . . . people on nojustok are just daft.
It's more anonymous than NL so they just spew fuckery and get away with it.

NL is comment driven, you spew fuckery once . . . everyone ties it to your username.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2010
Mode's messages = stay poor

Shey dats wot he said in getaway
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2010

Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by eldee(m): 1:34pm On Jan 31, 2010
Rhymstein:

Actions speak louder than words grin grin
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2010
[/quote]
[quote]
U indirectly sayin he's poor, watch actions if i may ask,cos i aint ready to follow sum1 who is sick lyk syphilis or solos lyk u knw
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2010
[/quote]
[quote]
U indirectly sayin he's poor, wch actions if i may ask,cos i aint ready to follow sum1 who is sick lyk syphilis or solos lyk u knw
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by MeGaStReEt: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2010
Misplaced Priority
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by eldee(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2010
Rhymstein:

U indirectly sayin he's poor, wch actions if i may ask,cos i aint ready to follow sum1 who is sick lyk syphilis or solos lyk u knw

Hehehe . . . as soon as he changes his sandbrown timbs grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by dawhizkid1(m): 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
Who is da 'Wordsmith' guy? Is he the same NL Wordsmith? Dude had the illest Multi Syllable Rhyme and Metaphor in the Whole Song,
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2010
This whole situation is complicated. If a Yahoo boy sees a solid alternative, he wouldn't engage in it in the first place. If our government just try get sense, this cyber crime will dwindle automatically
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by javalove(m): 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2010
@eldee

u know sometimes u act like an ajegunle retard. . .upon all d book wey u read (did i make u laff. . . grin grin grin grin grin)

seriously, modenine has been preaching this sine he started music. . .and if u can quote any of his lines that depicts staying poor (of course u cant), then i will agree with you. . .

Rather, its the reasoning of an average Nigerian fan (and a few of ur types) that make this artistes go into illegal stuffs just to show the world that they are making money SINCE ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS!!!

With the likes of rug head man and co, what do u want upcoming rappers to do? Those of them that cant sell records like him but wnt to live like him? And i still maintain my stand that rug head man is into yahoo yahoo (he has guys that browse for him) and its the truth, u dont have to accept ir. . .

Listen to the lyrics of modenne from the old IX files to 090909 mixtape the message is clear. . .and very few rappers/singers reason the way he does. . .to live simple, as simple as you can. . .

I know the timberland thingy is a joke and its getting played out. . .u guys should find another kinda diss. . .

He is the only rapper that speaks of himself as he is. . he doesnt brag about what he is not (material wise). Mose nigerian rappers are fond of doing it decieving people into believing that they have money. . .Olu Maintain anyone

A house in lekki, an infiniti jeep, a deal with glo (which i heared was over 15m), was on star mega jam for 2 years consecutively, with both local, continental and international recognitions. , what more do you ask of a rapper? Because he doesnt flash blings and all that stuff? Of all the rappers in this country, none of them is as rich as an average fuji musician (?in record sales, shows etc) and yet even when they are beefing, they dont go about flashing what is not there. . .!

So the earlier an average nigerian changes his/orientation to what to look out for in a successful artiste, the better. . .!
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2010
@java
Take am easy o,as a matter of fact,na u drag M9 name into d topic,i think it was uncalled for

Bros, u neva stil 4ward dose tracks i asked, i dey beg o
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by javalove(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2010
lol. . .pele man. . .i wud do it b4 i sleep 2nite. . .work s been too demanding lately/ /drop ya email. . (Things Fall Apart and which other one?)
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Rhymstein(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2010
lxgzone@yahoo.co.uk things fall apart n no be small thing o
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by kaypumpin2(m): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2010
javalove:

Listen to the lyrics of modenne from the old IX files to 090909 mixtape the message is clear. . .and very few rappers/singers reason the way he does. . .to live simple, as simple as you can. . .

Don't always say it as if Mode is a paragon of morals.What was he "eulogizing" in big boy raps?And how "poetical" is his song with OD(downtown love or sumn) in his 090909 mix tape?
You can argue it from now till eternity but i think it is fool hardy to hold a musician/rapper responsible for what their fans/listeners do.

A house in lekki, an infiniti jeep, a deal with glo (which i heared was over 15m), was on star mega jam for 2 years consecutively, with both local, continental and international recognitions. , what more do you ask of a rapper? Because he doesnt flash blings and all that stuff? Of all the rappers in this country, [b]none of them is as rich as an average fuji musician (?in record sales, shows etc) and yet even when they are beefing, they dont go about flashing what is not there. . .
Are you for real?You mean the same fuji artists that make music about travelling outside Nigeria and singing to a crowd of 10 people?Or is Saheed Osupa that releases album for every car he hires/buys or every house he rents/builds not a fuji musician?
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by Genuflect(m): 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2010
Dude, are you tryna imply that Fuji artists don't make much money?
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by mbulela: 5:54am On Feb 01, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Don't always say it as if Mode is a paragon of morals.What was he "eulogizing" in big boy raps?And how "poetical" is his song with OD(downtown love or sumn) in his 090909 mix tape?
You can argue it from now till eternity but i think it is fool hardy to hold a musician/rapper responsible for what their fans/listeners do.
Are you for real?You mean the same fuji artists that make music about travelling outside Nigeria and singing to a crowd of 10 people?Or is Saheed Osupa that releases album for every car he hires/buys or every house he rents/builds not a fuji musician?

lol
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by ravenzord(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2010
Is that Wordsmith our Wordsmith. . .as in Debo? I hope it is, cos the guy's ill abeg.
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by tosinaded(m): 9:42am On Feb 01, 2010
java can u like shut the F.ck up plssssssssssssssssss
wuts ur prob

who gives a flyn F.ck if mode has been addressing the issue since his fathere even tut of F.ckn his mother undecided
the issue here is the song and the message it carries and not who has been doing the song

comment on the song or shut that gutter, wey dan slack like fat woman pant angry
Re: Maga No Need Pay - Banky W, M.I, Rooftop Mcs, Omawumi, Modele, Bez & Wordsmith by slimshay(m): 1:12pm On Feb 01, 2010
Java na you bring modenine into the matter true true.

But he wasnt wrong tho. Artistes should stay true to their message. So that when actions are speaking louder than words like Eldee is pointing out, it wont drown out occassional postive message they tried to put into their songs.

And all these tracks trying to gloss over the iniquities in this country is lame in my opinion. Good listening though. But the truth remains, you cant turn a molue into a BRT bus just by painting it blue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eminem - Shady XV (album Download) / Pictures Of D'banj's New Supermodel Girlfriend - Yaris / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Juice WRLD – “wishing Well”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.