Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria (20639 Views)

Internet Cafe/computer Operator Needed @ Nsukka / NEED HELP IN SETTING UP INTERNET CAFE / Set Up A Wlan Internet Cafe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2006
Its so simple.Just use ur MTN access of GPRS and connect tru modem.Enjoy there free GPRS!.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 8:44pm On Jan 15, 2006
mikebuddy:

I said that there is availability of free browsing.!

explain then!!
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2006
Up there cany u see clear i xplained it.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by bogunbanjo(m): 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2006
Why not get a personal access for yourselves? In Kano, Port-Harcourt and Lagos you can get the Starcomms Data Access for N15, 000 per month (24hr access)
That boils down to N500 per day and N20.84K per hour now “THAT’S CHEAP!” shocked
N11, 000 for Business time access (6am – 6pm) = N366.67K per day and N30.55K per hour  rolleyes
N6, 000 for Evening access (6pm – 11pm) = N200 per day and N40 per hour cheesy
N4, 500 for Chat time access (11pm – 6am) = N150 per day (night) and N21.43K per hour. wink
These prices are unbelievable and YOU DO NOT PAY ANYTHING ELSE; not phone bill (dial up fee) nor access fee and you have the added bonus of mobility and privacy which you can’t have at cafes  grin
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2006
Privacy are for spammers "mainly".
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by bogunbanjo(m): 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2006
mikebuddy:

Privacy are for spammers "mainly".

Mike I think you should have more faith in people (especially Nigerians) not everyone goes to the cybercafe to spam and not everyone wants privacy for that reason. I particularly find it very offensive the way people stare at my screen while i browse(so even go as far as making comments as regards the page I'm viewing) and you really can't tell me you prefer the crowded ambiance of the cafes to the comfort of your home or car?
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 3:49pm On Jan 18, 2006
THANKS FOR THE STARCOMMS RATE

what are the minimum contract requirement ( number of months) and how long does it take from signin up to instalation?
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2006
Mike I think you should have more faith in people (especially Nigerians) not everyone goes to the cybercafe to spam and not everyone wants privacy for that reason. I particularly find it very offensive the way people stare at my screen while i browse(so even go as far as making comments as regards the page I'm viewing) and you really can't tell me you prefer the crowded ambiance of the cafes to the comfort of your home or car?

Well i think thats true but i prefer staying with friends @ cafe.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by Jalal(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2006
Man prices for browsing for Lagos dey one kind o, imagine 80 Naira for just 30 mins!! In Kano 30 mins is just 40 Naira!!! Or is it because the cafe is located in Computer Village in Lagos??
Anyway will be back at base soon!!! Take care!!!
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2006
@ jalal ikoyi go b wetin then?
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by layi(m): 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2006
British Council, Ikoyi = N200/hr
Cool Cafe, ikoyi (executive)= N200/hr
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 9:38am On Jan 20, 2006
Posted by: layi
Insert Quote
British Council, Ikoyi = N200/hr
Cool Cafe, ikoyi (executive)= N200/hr

L.o.l i just said ikoyi to know what guys will say.Hey what do u think calling yourself executive and going to cafe.
Do you want starcoms people to die of hunger!.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by joftech(m): 9:48am On Jan 20, 2006
L.o.l i just said ikoyi to know what guys will say.Hey what do u think calling yourself executive and going to cafe.

Starcoms etc are not suppose to be providing Internet services, infact they are violating their contractual agreement. Provision of Internet access is only for ISPs.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 9:51am On Jan 20, 2006
Posted by: joftech
Insert Quote

Starcoms etc are not suppose to be providing Internet services, infact they are violating their contractual agreement. Provision of Internet access is only for ISPs.

Watever man Ikoyi na Ikoyi.They can even go and buy Mask Own by their family only.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by bogunbanjo(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2006
LoverBwoy:

THANKS FOR THE STARCOMMS RATE

what are the minimum contract requirement ( number of months) and how long does it take from signin up to instalation?

well all you need is to firstly posses a PC/laptop then buy the phone+data pack+ free access (see my earlier Summation) or if you have a Starcomms line already then call their free customercare line (804 1234) and find out if your phone is Data compatible then all you'll need to do is buy the data pack and subscribe. the sunscription is monthly but you get a further 17% discount if you pay for 3 months at once
And Joftech I really think you should go read you law book again 'cos Starcomms is not violation it's License in anyway likewise MTN,Glo and Vmobile are noy by providing internet to it's customers, all these are just value added services and it's only for those that want it anyway so you are very free to continue using your ISPs and be paying for thier account while running up your phone bill
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by dblock(m): 11:20am On Jan 23, 2006
Those prices are slightly more expensive than in philipines which is 0.57 dollars per hour
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2006
Posted by: dblock
Insert Quote
Those prices are slightly more expensive than in philipines which is 0.57 dollars per hour
Which dollars? Us? Or what?
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by dblock(m): 6:17am On Jan 24, 2006
Us dollars of course, the prices in philipines are 30 pesos an hour. 52 pesos= 1 dollar
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2006
I think it's too expensive.because 1$ is like N140 when N80 can buy you 1hr here
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 24, 2006
How much is bandwidth in The Philipines? Please, quote some VSAT prices as they are in that country.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2006
Posted by: glessor
Insert Quote
How much is bandwidth in The Philipines? Please, quote some VSAT prices as they are in that country.

You wanna go there?
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2006
Of course, not. I just wanted to know why he claims browsing prices are much cheaper in The Philipines. Maybe operators don't have to pay the high bandwidth prices we pay here in Nigeria.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2006
I was saying up there that tey are so expensive.Nigeria is cheaper.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by dblock(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2006
What I meant is the price of surfing the net is cheaper in philipines than nigeria not because of the average price in Nigeria but by the average price of Layi and Terry ! and co. It might be cheaper where you go. But it will be cheaper elsewhere in philipines, because it is simply easier to do buisness there, Cafes here are operated by chinese crooks so bandwidth prices isn't a problem
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by mikebuddy(m): 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2006
@ Dblock not all places in Nigeria.Eastern nigeria like Onitsha it's so cheap there.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by bogunbanjo(m): 1:24pm On Feb 17, 2006
guys
I think you should all go and read my first post then you will find that Starcomms with prices as low as N30 per hour (N30 = $.25) is actually cheaper than all the other options you've listed even the Phillipines!
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by Montana: 3:38am On Jul 04, 2006
This may be slightly off topic, but can anyone here tell me some addresses of cafes in lagos that offer a more private setting? Like rooms with doors for people that want more privacy? And not for scamming, either, if you get my meaning? Thanks.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by layi(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2006
British council cafe. Ther have executive cubicles. I think cool fm as well. In fact i know of so many around.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by Montana: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2006
@layi

It would be so great to have a some addresses. Also, if you could tell me, what time most cafes close at night, i would much appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by nbeet2000(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2006
i wonder how cafes make money if they charge less than N150 per hr.
Re: Internet Cafe Prices in Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2007
Moved to computer section.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

24/7 HRS Power Bank For Laptop,Printer, iPAD, BB/PHONES Say No To Power Failure / Change Your Passwords: 2 Million Facebook/Google/Yahoo/Twitter Passwords Stolen / Enter Yahoo Mail Through An Alternate Site Other Than Www.yahoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.