Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,123 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Why Do Some People Succeed In Life And Others Don't? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Some People Succeed In Life And Others Don't? (510 Views)

Why Some People More Creative Than Others / Strategic Rudeness - Why Rude People Succeed / 10 Reasons Why Some People Will Never Succeed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Succeed In Life And Others Don't? by valkaka(m): 2:06am On Jul 06, 2017
Successful people have a few unique qualities:

They were all inspired by a bigger goal[/b][b][/b]. One of the first questions I did them was “Why did you want to be successful”. The answer was almost never “because I am ambitious” or similar. They all seemed to have sort of a bigger reason, like coming from a very humble family background or make it justify their parent's sacrifices.

[b]They found motivation in other people trying to take them down
. Another common trait. Most of them told me they would all find motivation in having other people trying to take them down. One of them even told me the best year of this business was when one major retailer (and competitor) opened a location across the road. Boy, that was powerful!

They never ever give up. This was also a pretty remarkable point across the entire set of interviews. One of the guys I interviewed finally got his product into retail after 80 something trials. He told me he spent 1 year living off charity while looking for a retailer to accept his product.
They were all very optimistic and confident in what they were doing. I believe that most of what it takes to be successful are innate. This is the perfect example of that. The guy from 3. proves my point. He lived in inhuman conditions for a while but he was so confident he never gave up.

I think that there is more to successful people, but I found this to be interesting to share, given that I’ve learned it directly from the people I interviewed and from experience too.

feel free to add yours
Re: Why Do Some People Succeed In Life And Others Don't? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 06, 2017
The reason is that for one person to be successful, several people must be unsuccessful and be their support system. America would have never been successful without the early stages of slavery. China can not continue their success except that they keep their wages extremely low. Sorry to give you this revelation, but some people will never reach success.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

sd / Call Engineer for your production machines / Experienced Young Finance Analyst In Need Of A Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.