Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

DJ Khaled Is Grateful - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / DJ Khaled Is Grateful (505 Views)

DJ Khaled Is The Top Nominee For The BET Awards With 6 / Download Mp3: Dj Khaled Ft Jay Z, Future & Beyoncé – Top Off / Download DJ. Khaled - I’m So Grateful Ft. Sizzla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DJ Khaled Is Grateful by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2017
I haven't come across a more positive person in recent times than DJ Khaled, in spite of all the negatives in the world. I have watched several interviews he granted, focusing even on the lengthy ones, just to see if somewhere along the lines he would falter and be less positive, even when his hosts or interviewers prod him to so do, short of asking if he could just for once not be positive, yet he came off those still more positive. Personally, DJ Khaled's work has helped me start and end my work day with inspirational music which is way out of the ordinary church, religious or melancholic songs that help others in that respect. Interestingly, he has managed to do this without even singing, rather mouthing just a few words in between the lyrics from the best in the game.

That he's able to motivate in his very peculiar manner, especially using rap music with all the negativity associated with it, is astounding. From "All I Do Is Win", to "I'm So Hood", to the eternal "I'm On One", just to name a few, DJ Khaled for me has set a bar that DJ's worldwide can only aspire to, and possibly never surpass. He took Kofi Olomide's intent, and Kirk Franklin's signature "interject songs with words" to new levels, where he would interject with even far less words than the duo, waltz about in his videos, of music that have some of the dopest and illest sounds ever to inundate the eardrums, and in his own unique way, leave you with seemingly simple but powerful words of encouragement and motivation, which you may not necessarily realize while listening (to songs probably glorifying wantonness, sex, money, even murder as is norm with much of today's rap music) or humming to the beats and the songs, but it registers in your subconscious subliminally, till you find yourself repeating those simple words (and not much of the lyrics of the songs in which he said them), as you go about your daily tasks, intent on coming out fulfilled at the end of your day.

DJ Khaled is not your "all talk and no do" kinda guy, nor "the do as I say, not as I do" person, rather his exemplary life mirrors all he talks about. This Palestinian doesn't just have Israeli friends, he has severally done music with "Drake", a Canadian Jew, and if you know the intensity of the situation between Jews and Palestinians, coupled with the background Muslim-Judaism situation (of which the animosity of both scenarios is akin to trying to find which came first between the hen and the egg), you know that sometimes money doesn't simply cut it for something so deeply rooted. Yet, it would appear that this is no barrier for the DJ, keeping Jews, Christians and Rastafarians in his close circle of friends. You may want to remind me that he's only Palestinian by parentage, as he was born and bred in the United States but you need to see how Americans with no ties at all with the middle east have taken even the Palestinian cause to extremes, talk more a Palestinian-American and a practicing Muslim for that matter, who until the 9/11 terror attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, used to go by the nickname "ARAB ATTACK".

With Khaled, there's no "No-Go" areas, as not only did he feature a Jamaican artiste in the intro of a song he did with Nas sometime ago, he has also featured several rastafarians in his very eventful music career, so much so that he's now gone ahead to introduce his son, "Asahd" to the world in the "Grateful" album where he featured a notable Rastafarian in the person of Sizzla Kalonji, going a tad spiritual ("Express gratitude by doing righteous deed" - DJ Khaled in "I'm So Grateful"wink therein, besides being the first time he'd use so much words in a song, though I can feel all of that must have come from the joy of having this son, that he seems so proud of. You get this feeling that he be overwhelmed with so much joy at his present station in life, as much as Sizzla helped him vocalize it in the same song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fdj9FNQCRQ

Let me also highlight another aspect of this great man's life, by referring you to Rick Ross' "Idols Become Rivals", where he mentioned how DJ Khaled was badly treated by the boss of YMCMB, popularly known as "Birdman", an issue many have come to talk about, except Khaled himself. You could catch a glimpse of his philosophy of life especially as regards those who might not necessarily be in good terms with him, when after thanking God in "I'm So Grateful", he went on to say ➡ "I also wanna thank my enemies for turning their backs on me". Something different from what you'll hear not just in the music industry, but ordinarily in every day retorts, at a time he could easily send one down Birdman's throat for the way he treated him back at YMCMB. How many people do you know who attribute their success to their enemies, or those in whose hands they'd fared badly (amongst others) publicly? There you have it. That's why I think we have so much to learn from DJ Khaled, his outlook on life is one we could emulate if we must engender a society where we can live peaceably with one another, in spite of our differences.

'kovich

PICTURE CREDIT:
- https://www.hotnewhiphop.com

DJ KHALED IS GRATEFUL | https://madukovich./2017/07/06/dj-khaled-is-grateful/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Duz Loon-art-ik In The Booth Iv / WATCH: Davido - Pere (official Video) Ft. Rae Sremmurd, Young Thug / Apostle Kay A.k.a Richpek - Okaka (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.