Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. (2555 Views)

Nigerian Gaming Youtube Channel / Nigerian Gaming Website / Gaming In Nigeria And A Look Into Nigerian Gaming Studios (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by source10able: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2017
What's your opinion

1.) Would it be cool if there was a Nigerian gaming community where you can share short video clips of your gameplay?

2.) Would it be cool if you could also stream your gameplay (using software like OBS Studio) to the community?

3.)Would you be interested in sharing or streaming your game play, and what games would you be interested in watching other people play?

please don't reply that you cannot categorically tell me one now or that the answer will be made known by the oga @ the top. I've gotten some really weird answers in some forums, hopefully it will be different on nairaland.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by Nabi2000(m): 5:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
I think it would be cool and im guessing u want to make a website or app that can do these things but the thing is most nigerian gamers dont stream or share gameplay videos and also gaming is still seen as a thing for kids in nigeria. But anyway if ur trying to do an app or website like that i think itll be great and i'd definitely use it smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by idreezbaba(m): 10:32am On Jul 13, 2017
Nabi2000:
I think it would be cool and im guessing u want to make a website or app that can do these things but the thing is most nigerian gamers dont stream or share gameplay videos and also gaming is still seen as a thing for kids in nigeria. But anyway if ur trying to do an app or website like that i think itll be great and i'd definitely use it smiley
Exactly!
nice idea
I support
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by KazukiIto(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Just one question: Is there anyone interested in forming a CSGO team in Nigeria? Even if it's just for fun? Kukiito219@gmail.com
steam - kazuki_ito
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by source10able: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2017
Nabi2000:
I think it would be cool and I'm guessing u want to make a website or app that can do these things but the thing is most Nigerian gamers don't stream or share gameplay videos and also gaming is still seen as a thing for kids in Nigeria. But anyway if ur trying to do an app or website like that I think it'll be great and I'd definitely use it smiley

Wow. I totally agree with you guys comment. You guys show a lot of insight. Video game streaming/broadcasting is a big thing right now in North and South America, Europe and most especially in Asia. I mean, those guys are turning it into big business. Big Esports business. They even hold big events in locations where gamers compete for prize money. Most esports teams earn prize money of up to $6M. They get sponsorships from big brands like htc, Monster Energy, Corsair gaming, Audio-Technica and I can continue...

When I saw the stats on esports and video game broadcasting, my head somersaulted. It's a growing niche that is fast turning into a huge industry and most Nigerians don't know yet. All we seem to care about is blogging since Linda Ikeji made it.

Now in our generation, we can sit in front of our gaming PCs or consoles with our webcam and earn money from doing what we like to do provided we have a large audience watch our gameplay from online. I did some research and right now I'm most likely going to get a PlayStation 3 or 4 and a smile router to get into the trend. But I decided to go a different route. Mainly looking to organise esports events. It's what I've already started doing in India but something keeps telling me that 9ja is a ripe niche to start from. And I always follow my instinct.

Nabi2000, you are right. I created not a website (because I believe websites will faze out in a decade) but a Facebook page where you can stream and interact with other gamers. (Search FB for @SmashcasterTV). I have a plan for how team players can really make a fortune from the network of social media channels.

I'm organising an event on August 2 in India and it's happening purely online and I could have done the same in 9ja but the Nigerian factor comes into play. Slow internet and poor electricity. But I'm reconsidering my stance hence the topic.

If anyone is interested in working with me or maybe even finding out more about this huge trend in video game broadcasting and esports, join my FB group: Gaming Cinema. I will tell you and show you everything you need to know.

In case you don't really understand what I've been talking about, visit my facebook page @Smashcaster, but most importantly do this if you're a hardcore gamer. Visit twitch.tv (Google almost bought the company for $1B but they were dulling till amazon.com came and snatched it from right under their nose in 2014 and bought it for $970M and a Nigerian - an Ibo was part of the team that worked in twitch - he made upwards of $100M from the deal)

So yes online gaming and esports is really big.

I'm looking for guys to work with to begin to make something trendy in online gaming in Nigeria. I've got everything all mapped out so it's just a matter of 4 or 10 ambitious gamers coming together to make big things happen for the love of the game.

1 Like

Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by Nabi2000(m): 11:28am On Jul 16, 2017
I also hv a question for u, why do u think the internet will fizzle away and what do u think will come next or be important in about 5 yrs
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by Nabi2000(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2017
And im interested in what ur doing, would really like to be involved and to anything that would spread the gaming virus in nigeria and world in general
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by Nabi2000(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2017
KazukiIto:
Just one question: Is there anyone interested in forming a CSGO team in Nigeria? Even if it's just for fun? Kukiito219@gmail.com
steam - kazuki_ito
Dont really play cs: go the graphics are a bit dated
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by KazukiIto(m): 11:34am On Jul 16, 2017
Nabi2000:
Dont really play cs: go the graphics are a bit dated
It's not about the gfx. Csgo is pure shooter marvel. Give it a go
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by idreezbaba(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
KazukiIto:

please do you play the naruto series?
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by idreezbaba(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
KazukiIto:

please do you play the naruto ultimate ninja storm series?
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
is not about the gfx
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by KazukiIto(m): 6:59am On Jul 19, 2017
idreezbaba:
please do you play the naruto ultimate ninja storm series?
Not yet
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by Chrisjordan2015(m): 4:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
idreezbaba:

please do you play the naruto series?

I play. Since the ps 2 series and the ultimate ninja 1-4. Waiting for the legacy edition coming later this year
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by KronicMorris(m): 11:43am On Aug 06, 2017
Lol!.... what are surprise, I'm also into gaming and eSports that's why I created my own Game Videos portal here the link.

https://www.facebook.com/Obsidianstreamer/
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by ezzylee(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
source10able:
What's your opinion

1.) Would it be cool if there was a Nigerian gaming community where you can share short video clips of your gameplay?

2.) Would it be cool if you could also stream your gameplay (using software like OBS Studio) to the community?

3.)Would you be interested in sharing or streaming your game play, and what games would you be interested in watching other people play?

please don't reply that you cannot categorically tell me one now or that the answer will be made known by the oga @ the top. I've gotten some really weird answers in some forums, hopefully it will be different on nairaland.

1. Yes it would be very cool to share video clips online.

2. Definitely. By streaming your game play, your viewers can get to see tactics which you deploy/use and are successful. then they too can copy these things and you become sort of like a mentor to them in the gaming sphere.

3. I definitely would be interested in streaming.

Buh in Nigeria, most of all these would be limited by the current state of the Internet in this country.

For example you're streaming and your network starts fooling, I might just loose interest in watching what you're streaming. Electricity too is another wahala on its own.
Re: I Have 3 1/2 Questions For The Nigerian Gaming Community. by KronicMorris(m): 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
source10able:

Wow. I totally agree with you guys comment. You guys show a lot of insight. Video game streaming/broadcasting is a big thing right now in North and South America, Europe and most especially in Asia. I mean, those guys are turning it into big business. Big Esports business. They even hold big events in locations where gamers compete for prize money. Most esports teams earn prize money of up to $6M. They get sponsorships from big brands like htc, Monster Energy, Corsair gaming, Audio-Technica and I can continue...

When I saw the stats on esports and video game broadcasting, my head somersaulted. It's a growing niche that is fast turning into a huge industry and most Nigerians don't know yet. All we seem to care about is blogging since Linda Ikeji made it.

Now in our generation, we can sit in front of our gaming PCs or consoles with our webcam and earn money from doing what we like to do provided we have a large audience watch our gameplay from online. I did some research and right now I'm most likely going to get a PlayStation 3 or 4 and a smile router to get into the trend. But I decided to go a different route. Mainly looking to organise esports events. It's what I've already started doing in India but something keeps telling me that 9ja is a ripe niche to start from. And I always follow my instinct.

Nabi2000, you are right. I created not a website (because I believe websites will faze out in a decade) but a Facebook page where you can stream and interact with other gamers. (Search FB for @SmashcasterTV). I have a plan for how team players can really make a fortune from the network of social media channels.

I'm organising an event on August 2 in India and it's happening purely online and I could have done the same in 9ja but the Nigerian factor comes into play. Slow internet and poor electricity. But I'm reconsidering my stance hence the topic.

If anyone is interested in working with me or maybe even finding out more about this huge trend in video game broadcasting and esports, join my FB group: Gaming Cinema. I will tell you and show you everything you need to know.

In case you don't really understand what I've been talking about, visit my facebook page @Smashcaster, but most importantly do this if you're a hardcore gamer. Visit twitch.tv (Google almost bought the company for $1B but they were dulling till amazon.com came and snatched it from right under their nose in 2014 and bought it for $970M and a Nigerian - an Ibo was part of the team that worked in twitch - he made upwards of $100M from the deal)

So yes online gaming and esports is really big.

I'm looking for guys to work with to begin to make something trendy in online gaming in Nigeria. I've got everything all mapped out so it's just a matter of 4 or 10 ambitious gamers coming together to make big things happen for the love of the game.

Nicely said my friend.... well, after reading this, I created my own Facebook page last week and I've managed to get a few hundred likes and about some hundred views on my videos posted and I want to reach out to more public gamers and profiles out there and your interest is seemingly overwhelming... Can we connect? and In the mean time, any other person interested in eSports and Gaming (who's prolifically public), just connect with me.... and others alike.....
wink grin

(1) (Reply)

Pc Football Game Needed / Obsidian Esports And Gaming Community needs Members! / Please!!!!! Where Can I Get/buy Pc Game Discs In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.