Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? (1745 Views)

Sales Rep/marketer / Promo Rep/marketer Needed In Epe / Key Difference Between CV AND RESUME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by Livebygrace: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2017
I want someone with experience and professional knowledge of the above subject to explain to me the major difference between the two. Though I think the two roles are interwoven if not the same.
Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2017
Livebygrace:
I want someone with experience and professional knowledge of the above subject to explain to me the major difference between the two. Though I think the two roles are interwoven if not the same.

Let me explain.

As a noun, (Sales man, Marketer), there is no difference. Don't mind the Nigerian Job market. Remember there is also Business Development.

On a Good day, Business Development is supposed to be like the manager of the firm, but they turn everyone of them to sales men and Marketers.

As a verb, (Sales and Marketing) are two different things that are used to compliment each other. Without Marketing, there can be no sales. Marketing is more of the techniques, strategies and other things involved in selling a product.

When your marketing is right, you get Sales.

There are 5ps of Sales Marketing.

Price

People

Place

Promotion

Products.

Hope you get.

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by Livebygrace: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Let me explain.

As a noun, (Sales man, Marketer), there is no difference. Don't mind the Nigerian Job market. Remember there is also Business Development.

On a Good day, Business Development is supposed to be like the manager of the firm, but they turn everyone of them to sales men and Marketers.

As a verb (Sales and Marketing) are two different things that are used to compliment each other. Without Marketing, there can be no sales. Marketing is more of the techniques, strategies and other things involved in selling a product.

Price

People

Place

Promotion

Products.

Hope you get.

cc lalasticlala

Thanks. God bless u.
Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by jd1986(m): 7:17pm On Jul 07, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

[s]let me explain.

As a verb (Sales and Marketing) are two different things that are used to compliment each other. Without Marketing, there can be no sales. Marketing is more of the techniques, strategies and other things involved in selling a product.

Price

People

Place

Promotion

Products.

Hope you get.

cc lalasticlala
[/s]
Samething Op, don't mind this bushboi grin
Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2017
jd1986:
[/s]
Samething Op, don't mind this bushboi grin

It is pathetic how insane kids fill up a sane forum and type bullshit. If you had a clear vision, you would have seen where I differentiated Marketer as a noun and Marketing as a Verb.

But I wont blame you, I blame the excess garri you take to avoid dying in this harsh economy!!

#Pathetic.

Prove why it is the same thing. I advise you to concentrate on your Night education well, so that you can move up the next level.

This is my last reply to you!!

3 Likes

Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by jd1986(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

[/s]It is pathetic how insane kids fill up a sane forum and type bullshit. If you had a clear vision, you would have seen where I differentiated Marketer as a noun and Marketing as a Verb.

But I wont blame you, I blame the excess garri you take to avoid dying in this harsh economy!!

#Pathetic.

Prove why it is the same thing. I advise you to concentrate on your Night education well, so that you can move up the next level.

This is my last reply to you!!
[/s]
That was a long prolonged gibberish explanation grin
Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by frugal(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2017
In an ideal organisation, marketing drives leads. Sales rep does the paperwork (close deals).

3 Likes

Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 07, 2017
In this nigeria both are the same its just the salary work environment and nature of the job that determines how professional the job will be... I have applied for a sales consultancy job where i was given a broom to sweep my place of work...
Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by blinkz4real: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2017
A marketer goes about looking 4 new customers/clients 2 do business with d coy, while 4 sales rep d customer/clients re already on ground u mk calls 2 dem, get their orders n mk supplies 2 dem n u also check 4 competitors in d mkt n work on how 2 beat d competition so dt u be d leader in d mkt n also control d mkt price of ur pdt, also u close d deal. A sales rep can also do d work of marketing as an oversight function 2 mk him/her exceptional or relevant in his coy. Speaking 4 myself as a sales executive.

1 Like

Re: What's The Key Difference Btw Sales Rep & Marketer? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2017
Boujurz:
... I have applied for a sales consultancy job where i was given a broom to sweep my place of work...

What's the name of the Nollywood movie? That's interesting!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigration Service Set To Recruit Only 1,112 Officers / Employment Opportunity At Capex (immediate Recruitment) / Energy Firm (FENIX) Entry-level And Experienced Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.