Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,766 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:41 PM

Never Despise Your Little Beginning : A True Life Story By E. V Onyembi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Never Despise Your Little Beginning : A True Life Story By E. V Onyembi (614 Views)

My Near Blood Money (ritual) Experience. (true Life Story) / Is 2020 Really The Beginning Of A New Decade? / Updated Music: "Just Do It (NOT NIKE)" BY E-claz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Despise Your Little Beginning : A True Life Story By E. V Onyembi by Sylverly(m): 6:44am On Jul 08, 2017
FACEBOOK IS PART OF MY LIFE; my success started here.. (please relax and read down)
We live in a world where it's impossible to ignore the power of social media. From family pictures on Facebook to the latest breaking news on Twitter, right through to a spot of fun on Snapchat or a treasure trove of photos on Instagram and Pinterest - social media platforms underpin the way we work, rest and play in the digital era.
My experience has shown that social media could be a powerful tool for the promotion of human dignity and right, sustainable development, a vital avenue of disseminating information, which has the capacity of bringing about freedom to a greater number of persons (youths in particular). And it's only possible only when it's used responsibly.
Two years ago, I began to document the history of Aba. I engaged my traditional ruler, HRM Eze (Barr.) I. I. Nnakwu of the great Etiti-Ohazu Autonomous Community in Aba South LGA, Abia State, on series of questions. He told me a lot of stories about Aba. He confirmed all the stories my late Dad told me about Aba and the Ngwa Civilization. "Your late father High Chief (Sir) Ezinna V. S. Onyembi knows much about the Ngwa History", he said. Go back to his room, look out for his books. He has a lot of books in his custody as we often visit him for stories concerning our background. I left anxiously in search of the books. Happily, I got them. Rich works by many authors. I began to read them. Serious documentation started.
I started with the Origin of Aba on social media (facebook). In less than one month, I was able to write part one, part two and three on the Origin of Aba. My passion for writing increased as I progressed. I enjoyed the stories. Something happened along the line. I got a strange inbox from the popular Media Guru, Chief John Okiyi Kalu, former SSA on ICT & Social Media Strategy to the Executive Governor of Abia State Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, "Good morning Sir, he said (I asked myself when did I become Sir..hmmm), please forward your works to my mail, I will help you publish them on www.factnewsonline.com and Igbo Hall of Fame, it will project you more to the public because I'm going to be acknowledging your name as the writer". Tears roll down my eyes.
I smiled and accepted. I began to forward to this stranger who's now my friend, brother & uncle. Something extraordinary happened, a colleague of mine here in the University of Port Harcourt called Comr. Steven Atogi, a brilliant writer, approached me, "my man, don't you know that this blogger is making money out of your works.. When the works generate traffic, he earns online, tell him to be paying you, abeg..this is your intellectual property", he said. I agreed with him. Then I sent Chief John Okiyi Kalu an inbox message, to please reinforce me while I continue forwarding to your mail.. Did you know what he replied me? He asked, "please what do you mean by reinforce"? Nawao.. As if he doesn't know. I knew he understood what I meant. Well...
When I saw that he was not in to have a deal with me, I declined. I stopped forwarding my works to him. One week passed, Two weeks gone. I called that my colleague, Stevo, see eh.. I think I should continue sending to that man o, at least let me do it for fame. I don't know what tomorrow might bring. OK o Sir Vik, you can continue. Everything depends on your faith, he said. Then I resumed by forwarding "The Formation of Aba Township" part one. Chief John Okiyi Kalu continued publishing until one faithful day. � �

To be continued....
Re: Never Despise Your Little Beginning : A True Life Story By E. V Onyembi by krett(m): 7:06am On Jul 08, 2017
F C T
Re: Never Despise Your Little Beginning : A True Life Story By E. V Onyembi by Sylverly(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2017
I got another inbox from one stranger who's now my friend, Uncle & political Godfather, more like a father, he's Hon. Engr. Solomon ESloddy Adaeluaelulu, member representing the good people of Obingwa/Osisioma&Ugwunagbo Federal Constituency Abia State at the Federal House of Representatives, Abuja. Hi, are you Vincent Onyembi? I replied, yes! I didn't even add Sir to that yes. He at once introduced himself (and I almost fainted) �. Who am I? Calm down, he said. I read your works on www.factnewsonline.com. You wrote them? I replied yes, Sir. (at last I added Sir). In his usual way, he said, "BEAUTIFUL!".
Please let me have your number. Jesus! Who am I? An honorable member is asking for my number, ordinary me? An orphan like me? No! Am dreaming. I sent my number immediately. He called. Blood of God. This is serious! That was on a Tuesday afternoon when I was charging my phone at Uniport ICTC. He said, "Bia Onyembi, am sponsoring a book tilted "History of Ukwa-Ngwa". There's a committee working on that. We are going to have a meeting by weekend at Concord Hotel, Owerri, IMO State. Please arrive at CONCORD Saturday Morning. I will introduce you to them, so that you will be part of the committee, I think you've a lot to contribute to that huge project. I will secure a room for you in Concord where you will stay until you return to Uniport on Monday. I almost fainted again. In fact I fainted.
...to be continued.
Don't underestimate my being online here regularly, even when a lecturer is in class lecturing. It's putting food on my table. Much more than food.
I'm E. V. Onyembi, by God's grace, the current National President Elect, Federation of Ngwa Students (FNS) who will be inaugurated on Sunday the 23rd of July, 2017, writing from the University of Port Harcour
Re: Never Despise Your Little Beginning : A True Life Story By E. V Onyembi by sirfee(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
08091520208,I'm online now Toseen7

(1) (Reply)

5 Compulsory Tech Accessories You Should Have When Traveling / These Will Be The 32 Most Powerful Economies In The World By 2050. / Rev. Dr.paul Emeka Of Assemblies Of God, Goes Back To Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.