Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,731 members, 7,831,331 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Odometer Reset - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Odometer Reset (1891 Views)

OBDSTAR ODO Master Is A Good Porsche Odometer Correction Tool / Xtool X100 Pro 2 Obd2 Auto Key Programmer Xtool X100 Pro2 Odometer Correction / Check For Flood Damage Before You Buy (free) With Odometer Check +2348060365068 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odometer Reset by ogocology: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2017
Guys, good morning.
I checked my vehicle's odometer this morning and observed it sort of reseted. Its reading 00036.
The last reading I took at oil change was over 97k.
Can anyone please explain what might have happened and how I can reverse/recover the actual mileage? I need this for documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Odometer Reset by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 08, 2017
That's the trip reading.......go and push the knob sticking out around that dash board to reveal the true mileage of ur car...

1 Like

Re: Odometer Reset by ogocology: 9:56am On Jul 08, 2017
1StopRudeness:
That's the trip reading.......go and push the knob sticking out around that dash board to reveal the true mileage of ur car...
Bro, look again. That IS the odometer.

1 Like

Re: Odometer Reset by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
ogocology:

Bro, look again. That IS the odometer.

Ur mileage cannot 5 have digits..
Re: Odometer Reset by ogocology: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Ur mileage cannot have digits..
Say, what's the meaning of ODO as shown at the bottom left of the picture please?
Re: Odometer Reset by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
ogocology:

Say, what's the meaning of ODO as shown at the bottom left of the picture please?

What I mean is ur milage can't have 5 digits..was typing in a hurry as I was working at the same time so I omitted "5"...some cars might have odometer mileage reading and trip reading in same place..so u have to press the button to interchange each...cos mileage counts to as much as 6digits,
I've seen old camrys like 1997 camry with mileage of 302,000...and that's a 6digit reading...why would ur car have a mileage of 5digit a shown in pic....meaning ur mileage meter can't count above 99,999....
Dats why I suggested that it's trip reading which some pple use in monitoring when next to carry out engine service... its the reading that resets once it gets to the the end of the count
Re: Odometer Reset by ogocology: 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
1StopRudeness:

What I mean is ur milage can't have 5 digits..was typing in a hurry as I was working at the same time so I omitted "5"..
Dats why I suggested that it's trip reading which some pple use in monitoring when next to carry out engine service... its the reading that resets once it gets to the the end of the count
Trip reads Trip A or Trip B while odometer reads ODO. This is same for all my cars.
So I'm pretty sure this is the odometer reading. And I did cycle through all the readings before I made the post just to be sure.

Thanks, anyway

1 Like

Re: Odometer Reset by 2n2k(m): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
ogocology:
Guys, good morning.
I checked my vehicle's odometer this morning and observed it sort of reseted. Its reading 00036.
Can anyone please explain what might have happened and how I can reverse/recover the actual mileage? I need this for documentation.

Thanks in advance.

When did you do the last oil change which you said was when you checked it to be 97,000?

If it had been long, then I suspect you have clocked additional 3,000 miles since then which took your accumulated mileage to over 100,000. Since the maximum readable mile on your odometer is 99,999, it means it will roll-over to 00001 instead of 100,000 and counting starts afresh from 00001
Re: Odometer Reset by ogocology: 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
2n2k:

When did you do the last oil change which you said was when you checked it to be 97,000?

If it had been long, then I suspect you have clocked additional 3,000 miles since then which took your accumulated mileage to over 100,000. Since the maximum readable mile on your odometer is 99,999, it means it will roll-over to 00001 instead of 100,000 and counting starts afresh from 00001
Bros, you've made my day! I've definitely crossed over 100k miles and the counter has reset. 100036!
Thank you!!
Re: Odometer Reset by Kufie(m): 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
1StopRudeness:

What I mean is ur milage can't have 5 digits..was typing in a hurry as I was working at the same time so I omitted "5"...some cars might have odometer mileage reading and trip reading in same place..so u have to press the button to interchange each...cos mileage counts to as much as 6digits,
I've seen old camrys like 1997 camry with mileage of 302,000...and that's a 6digit reading...why would ur car have a mileage of 5digit a shown in pic....meaning ur mileage meter can't count above 99,999....

I'm sorry but this is wrong

ogocology:
Guys, good morning.

Thanks in advance.

Make and model of your car? Resetting to 0 from 100k is unusual.
Re: Odometer Reset by ogocology: 5:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kufie:

Make and model of your car? Resetting to 0 from 100k is unusual.
Nissan Frontier '03. Its actually a continuation as explained by 2n2k.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Super Clean Toks 2007 Toyota Camry@2.550m / Abuja Extremely Neat Benz 230 Kompressor Year 2007 SOLD / Tokunbo 2013 Kia Cerato ( Kaduna)SOLD!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.