Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy (923 Views)

olamide to give Phyno his headies award for not being nominated (snapshot) / Terry G Buys New Car For Daddy / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy by amebono1: 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2010

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Grammys rode the 3-D wave Sunday with a special-effects-laden tribute to the late Michael Jackson in an awards show that featured many big spectacle moments.

Jackson's children, Prince Michael, 12, and Paris, 11 appeared after the tribute to accept a lifetime achievement award for the pop star, who died in June of a prescription drug overdose.

Carrie Underwood, Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson and Usher performed in the tribute, mingling their voices with the voice of the late King of Pop against the backdrop of a 3-D film featuring Jackson's 1995 eco-friendly "Earth Song."

Free 3-D "Grammy" glasses were distributed at Target stores nationwide so viewers could watch the show in 3-D from their living rooms. The Grammys' 3-D effort follows the huge success of James Cameron's 3-D movie "Avatar," which just became the highest-grossing movie worldwide.

View all the action with our Grammy gallery

There were plenty of other spectacular moments during the Grammys telecast, which opened with the flamboyant Lady Gaga performing her hit "Poker Face" in a glittery green butterfly outfit, falling prey to a faux kidnapping onstage and then materializing to perform opposite Elton John.

Multiple Grammy winner Beyonce belted out "If I Were a Boy" while Pink sang "Glitter in the Air" scantily clad and suspended from the air on a rope above the audience.

Part of the Jackson film shown during the Grammys aired in the recent documentary "This Is It" which was shot during rehearsals for Jackson's comeback tour and showed the pop star looking fit just days before his death in June 2009.

View amazing Grammy Fashionista to Faux Pas

Jackson had intended the environmentally themed song and film to be part of that tour, which was supposed to have begun in July 2009. He was considered one of the most commercially successful entertainers of all time whose music and videos transformed the art and broke down racial barriers.

The clip features a lush forest through the eyes of a young girl.

http://au.launch.yahoo.com/news/article/-/6747271/jacksons-3-d-tribute-a-hit-at-grammys/
Re: Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy by mamagee3(f): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2010
I watched it, it was a lot of fun.
I was so happy hearing the little kids voice for the first time.
Re: Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy by stephedith(f): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2010
yea see the pix

Re: Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy by mamagee3(f): 3:56pm On Feb 02, 2010
They look so beautiful. cheesy cheesy
Re: Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy by sweetpie23: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2010
it was a beautiful moment
Re: Micheal Jackson's Kids Received Award For Daddy by Outstrip(f): 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2010
I cried. The little girl calls him Daddy like that was his name LOL. I feel for them. I really hope the family just fill them with love and protect them from vultures. It is obvious that they loved their father dearly

(1) (Reply)

Linda Ilkeji Is Mutilated! / Stephanie Okerekere Denies February Wedding. February Date Was Just A Strategy / Kim Kardashian Explains Kanye West’s Wardrobe Malfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.