Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,687 members, 7,955,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Lagos Tenant Electricity Levi - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Tenant Electricity Levi (457 Views)

FIRS' 6% Stamp Duty Charge On Agreement. How It Affects You As Landlord/tenant / Landlord Evicts Tenant Not Knowing That His Daughter Has Collected Rent / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Tenant Electricity Levi by bchi(f): 7:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
Is there anything like New tenant electricity Levi in Lagos?

I parked into a compound in Lagos and was told that the already occupied tenants bought poll and rolled wire from poll to the compound without the landlord contribution.
The tenant that was occupying my room paid before moving out and I parked in the same week she moved out.
When I was told to pay, I asked them is it per room or per tenant. They said ,the agreement they had, was any new tenant that parked in will pay the same.
Recently, they planned rolling another wire from the poll to the compound since the one they did has gotten bad.
They are demanding for the money seriously, which they called the landlord and he said in Lagos new tenants pay electricity Levi. The money they are calling is much plus the new contribution ( summing upto #10,000)
I was told if I didn't pay, I will be disconnected which the landlord supported not that am owing for the monthly bill ( I do pay on time).
What should I do ?
Is the electricity Levi for new tenant compulsory in Lagos?
The mod should help me move this to front page.
urgent advice or comments
Thanks

cc; lalasticlala
Re: Lagos Tenant Electricity Levi by bigtt76(f): 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
One chance! Better pay or tell them you will get your own pole and roll your wire. Better still pepper dem with your generator noise grin I wonder how many y times public power supply works.

On a serious note, ask them if the former tenant was refunded money paid. You really don't have to pay.
Re: Lagos Tenant Electricity Levi by bchi(f): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
She wasn't refunded. Another tenant moved and new tenant that replaced,is been asked to pay also.

(1) (Reply)

First Step In Creating Wealth In Real Estate / Buy And Build Already Developed Estate SANGOTEDO Governor's Consent / Home/office Sale: A Deal Like No Other In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.