Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: (1799 Views)

4 Workplace Politics You Should Know About & How To Manage Them / Driver Returns Lost Laptop, N50K, ATM Cards, Cheque Belonging To A Professor / What Is A Cheque Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by naijabanking(m): 10:24am On Jul 09, 2017
A cheque is a representative money issued to a person on behalf of another person to debit a particular amount of money from his account. Using technology to access banking services, is an easy task and less time consuming unlike earlier where standing in a queue for most of the transactions was mandatory. An increase in NEFT, RTGS, and other online transactions have reduced the old methods of banking.

Here are few things to know before issuing a cheque:
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by sholatech(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2017
@ Naija Banking. This Is quite informative. Please, do you know the banking process for reporting clients/individuals who issue dud/bounced cheques?
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by naijabanking(m): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
please send a mail to me admin@naijabankingblog.com with the copy of the bounced or dud cheque and give me details on what transpired I will take it up from there. we need to send a mail to CBN on cheque process to curb that issues.
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by toastedbread: 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
naijabanking does a check have a validity period?
if on a check, the names are A C D, while your id card names are A C, will the id be valid?
do banks still accept temporary voters card from the last card registration?
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by naijabanking(m): 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Yes please, a cheque has a validity period of 3months to be called a stalled cheque.

No please, the id card will not be valid because the 3names are not included in the id card.

Yes, banks accept temporary id card but its has limitation to what you can do with it in a banking transaction.
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by Excellergroup(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
naijabanking:
A cheque is a representative money issued to a person on behalf of another person to debit a particular amount of money from his account. Using technology to access banking services, is an easy task and less time consuming unlike earlier where standing in a queue for most of the transactions was mandatory. An increase in NEFT, RTGS, and other online transactions have reduced the old methods of banking.

Here are few things to know before issuing a cheque:

Weldone sir
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by toptop: 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
naijabanking:
Yes please, a cheque has a validity period of 3months to be called a stalled cheque.

No please, the id card will not be valid because the 3names are not included in the id card.

Yes, banks accept temporary id card but its has limitation to what you can do with it in a banking transaction.

Cheque validity is 6 months and not 3 months. Take note.

1 Like

Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by naijabanking(m): 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
@toptop,

when a stale cheque lasts for 6months it's become invalid but cheque uses 3months to become stale. A stale cheque for 3months can still be revalidated. so get your information right, please.
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by toptop: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2017
That is false.
You must be very new in banking.

Any cheque that bears a date not exceeding 6 months can be presented for encashment.

After 6 months, a cheque can be revalidated by the drawer. The word invalid as used by you is totally unheard of.

Financial info is not for everyone to disseminate. I have gone through your blog. You need to do more research so as to be more detailed in your write-ups. It appears you limit your information sourcing to your present banking experience. You need more than that.

A simple search from business dictionary will help you: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/stale-check.html
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by naijabanking(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
@toptop

The limit of your knowledge is the limit of your information.
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by sholatech(m): 1:31am On Jul 13, 2017
toptop:
That is false.
You must be very new in banking.

Any cheque that bears a date not exceeding 6 months can be presented for encashment.

After 6 months, a cheque can be revalidated by the drawer. The word invalid as used by you is totally unheard of.

Financial info is not for everyone to disseminate. I have gone through your blog. You need to do more research so as to be more detailed in your write-ups. It appears you limit your information sourcing to your present banking experience. You need more than that.

A simple search from business dictionary will help you: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/stale-check.html

I believe you are referring to cheques/checks outside Nigeria. The link you provided is for American Cheques(checks). The poster clearly guides us here on Nigerian Banking rules
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by sholatech(m): 1:32am On Jul 13, 2017
naijabanking:
please send a mail to me admin@naijabankingblog.com with the copy of the bounced or dud cheque and give me details on what transpired I will take it up from there. we need to send a mail to CBN on cheque process to curb that issues.

Thanks Naijabanking. I have set details to the provided email address.
Re: Issuing A Cheque? Things You Should Know: by sholatech(m): 11:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
@Naijabanking,

Is there any Nigerian bank currently accepting foreign banks cheque/drafts deposited in the Nigerian domiciliary accounts?

(1) (Reply)

How To Write The Cover Letter That Wins You The Interview / KPMG Or Exxonmobil ? Dilemna ? / O.n.d Holders In The Bankin Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.