Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Redemption: A Short Story By Temmason - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redemption: A Short Story By Temmason (440 Views)

The Purpose Of Ministry Is Redemption Not Fame! / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) / How We Bought RCCG Redemption Campground For Just N6, 000 – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redemption: A Short Story By Temmason by Temmason(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
No part of this work is to be copy or reposted, either on this platform or another without permission from the author.
copyright 2015.

ACT ONE, SCENE I
(The Almighty God in his full glory sitting on the throne in heaven thinking about Man).
God- I have given man everything he wants but still he doesn’t look unto me his God, he keep on going in his evil ways. Enough is enough Man must be call up to heaven to give account of his ways and everything he has done on earth. It is time for me to bring Man. Death!
(Death enters)
Death- Yes my Lord, your servant Death is here to do your will always and at all times.
God- Death go to earth and bring Man unto me to give account of everything he has being doing on earth.
Death- Yes my Lord, your servant is on the way to earth to bring Man to give account of his ways.
SCENE II
(Man sitting in his house smiling as he is merry-making.)
(Enter Death.)
Death- O ye Man, thou has being summon by thy God to come and give account of your handiwork and all your deeds on earth.
Man- Ready I’m not, for to give such account I am not prepare for, and who are you to tell me such a thing for such account I am not ready for.
Death- I am Death taker of souls, for everyman soul I take as commanded by God and I spare no man, for I obey only one Being and that Being is God creator of heaven and earth with everything in it.
Man- O ye Death, takers of souls, killer of the body, my book of record, is still empty, had I know that Death will enter my house quickly my book of record will I have make ready but please Death let me make my book and write down my deeds before thou taketh my soul and killeth my body.
Death- O man, man, man, weren’t you told that thou should be counting thy days and as each day is passing by let thy deeds be written down, for at any time thy God could call thee to give account.
Man- But you come when I least had thee in mind. Now Mr. Death let make a deal, gold, silver, bronze or even diamond, with thousands of pound, I will give thee if thou decide to save my soul.
Death- (laughing) funny, nothing of this world I care for, not gold nor riches and I care for no position of this world but to do exactly what the Almighty God has commandeth. Stop delaying now and come hence.
Man- I am sorry, I’ll stop delaying, but ready I’m not but please allow me to make myself ready.
Death- Quickly should everything be done, for this journey you must go either you like it or not, for you and every being on earth must go for Adam’s sin must die with nature.
Man- (surprise) Death, which journey are you talking about, is it not just to give account and come back.
Death- No Mr. Man, on this journey that thou are about to embark on, go thee can but coming back thee cannot, for once you are there thou can’t come back, trust me.
Man- O God the merciful in the high seat celestial, have mercy on me, let me look for someone to accompany me from this vale terrestrial and be my acquaintance on this journey.
Death- If anyone is ready to follow thee, go and find the company but verily I say unto thee that the moon of today will not pass before thy soul leave thy body to embark on this journey.
Man- O wicked Death can’t you just give me unto tomorrow to amend my ways and prepare myself.
Death- Just like I have said, no man I respect and unto no man will I give respite, but do as my God and Lord commandeth and unto you i listen not, but I will make myself scarce now, see to it that thou make thyself ready for today is the day that no man escape Death.
(Exit Death.)
Man- O gracious God, who will I ask to accompany me on this journey.
(Enter Friend)
Friend- Man, what thinkesth thou that make thee sorrowful, what is it pray tell and I promise to solve it for thee, for if its me same thing will you do, so fear not for if I am alive, problem you will have not.
Man- My friend, thank you for your promises for I will need it, as I am ask to take a journey of no return and alone I cannot go, so I have come unto thee my friend to help and accompany me on this journey.
Friend- Who bring this message unto thee?
Man- Death itself.
Friend- On this type of journey, I just realize and understand that I cannot follow you.
Man- But you just promise to do anything for me.
Friend- What I said I know, but due to some certain circumstance, I cannot follow you but I’ll pray for you on your journey. I leave you now in mourning.
(Exit Friend)
Man- Ha! See as my friend leave me, whom in happiness and joy, we make merry but now in sorrow he leave me. It is said in prosperity friend will find you but in adversity they will forsake you. Since my friend has forsaken me to my kinsmen will I surely go, for I see them yonder. Where are my kindred?
(Enter kindred and Cousin.)
Kindred- Here we are Man, cousin please let Man know that you are with him.
Cousin- Yes Man, and I tell thee for we are family and we will live and died together.
Kindred- In health and in pain, in wealth and in woe, we will be with thee as family should.
Man- Thank you my people, now I will tell you what troubles my soul. I receive a message to go on a journey that will cost me my life and at the end of that journey I must give accounts of everything I have done, every ill deed I have done. Therefore I pray you that you should follow me to give account of all my deeds.
Cousin- is that what troubles you? Kindred is here to follow you but as for me on this type of journey I refuse to go, for me myself is not yet ready to embark on such a journey.
(Exit Cousin)
Kindred- Don’t mind our cousin, he was just kind, me myself is fully unprepared to go on such a journey, so Man I bade you farewell on this journey and I leave you in mourning.
(Exit kindred.)
Re: Redemption: A Short Story By Temmason by Temmason(m): 9:32pm On Jul 09, 2017
Though i typed this work some years ago, i will still be happy if you can do your constructive critic on the work.
God-bless as you view the work.
Re: Redemption: A Short Story By Temmason by Temmason(m): 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
ACT TWO, SCENE I
(As Man is walking and looking for who will accompany him to go on his journey, he walk pass a church.)
Man- This is a church where I use to hear people preach the word of God.
(He enter the church and meet the Priest.)
Good day Priest, I believe this is a church where the word of God is preach?
Priest- Yes my child.
Man- Please priest, I am commanded to go on a pilgrimage and on this pilgrimage I am not returning.
Priest- Son, be not despair, for you are in the right place, lay your problems on the feet of God and let God solve it for you.
Man- I am commanded by God through Death His messenger to come and give account of all my deeds here on earth.
Priest- If death brought the message to you then what are you still doing here?
Man- I begged him to let me make my book of record ready and look for an acquaintance to accompany me on this journey.
Priest- Nobody will follow you Man and nothing will follow, don’t you know that alone we come into this world and alone we will leave it. Your riches, friend, family, beauty and all your strength and knowledge will leave you when you are leaving this terrestrial terrain. But there is someone and some things that can accompany you on this journey, only if you are ready to accept them as your companion.
Man- Priest, what are you saying, where are they?
Priest- You cannot see them with your human eyes son, you have to believe first in their existence.
Man- How?
Priest- You have to believe and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior, you have to give your life to Christ, repent from all your ungodly ways and he will accompany you on this journey together with the Holy Spirit, the comforter.
Man- What about everything I have done?
Priest- Our Lord is a forgiving God and a merciful one, once you give Jesus Christ your life all old things will pass away and all things will become new.
Man- I am ready to give my life to Jesus Christ then.
Priest- That is a good decision and a decision you will not regret (standing up) kneel down son let us pray.
(Man confesses his sin and the Priest pray with him.)
You are now a new being, don’t fear death when next it comes but embrace it.
Man- I feel relieve already and I also feel prepare to give account of my life to my God. Thank you Priest.
Priest- Thank God my son.
SCENE II
(Exit Man from the church, on his way home happily Death appears.)
Death- Man, here I am ready to take thee unto thy God, to give account of thy deed on this terrestrial terrain.
Man- (kneeling down) Here, I release myself to be taking unto my God, for ready I was not but now fully prepare I am to give account of my deed here on earth to my God.
(As Death raise its sword to smite Man, a voice sound from heaven.)
God- Death.
Death- Yes Master.
God- Thou shall not touch the Man, for he is but now a new being, for he is no longer just a Man but now a Man of God, having repent of his evil ways, he is but now an anointed man of God, so leave him alone for he still have work to do in my garden.
Death- May thy will be done Almighty and Merciful God.
(Exit Death.)
Man- Thank you Lord.
[center]The End[/center].
Re: Redemption: A Short Story By Temmason by Temmason(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
I hope you are bless as you read through my work.
Like i said before your constructive critic will be well appreciated.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Web Hosting In The Name Of Yahweh / Prof Is-haq Oloyede, The Man Of Integrity. !!!!! / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.