Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Peugeot 407 Ac - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot 407 Ac (2533 Views)

Faulty Peugeot 407 / Peugeot 407 Against Toyota Corolla/camry / How Much Is Ew12 Engine For Peugeot 407 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot 407 Ac by segzyndpep(m): 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
good evening friends,
Please i have isue with my 407,the AC work very fine whenever i am driving within the city.but whenever i travel with it.after
2 hours of driving,I notice my car AC will not work properly anymore.it will not be cold,only normal air.except i off it for several minutes and put it on back.most times if i pack it for 20-30mins and start it again it will be okay.

I dont know what is the reason for this.please i want to know if thats what happen with all cars or something is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by mogreen22: 12:20am On Jul 10, 2017
segzyndpep:
good evening friends,
Please i have isue with my 407,the AC work very fine whenever i am driving within the city.but whenever i travel with it.after
2 hours of driving,I notice my car AC will not work properly anymore.it will not be cold,only normal air.except i off it for several minutes and put it on back.most times if i pack it for 20-30mins and start it again it will be okay.

I dont know what is the reason for this.please i want to know if thats what happen with all cars or something is wrong.
I am not an expert but something similar happened to mine, the problem is a faulty thermistor and what happens is that the compressor keeps running Without shutting off, hence it causes freezing on the Ac lines, which then causes a blockage and prevents cold air from going in. After you turn it off, the ice melts and cold air starts to bkow. It was a tough diagnosis cos evertime the Ac technician checked, he said there was nothing wrong with it cos honestly, it takes a while for it to happen, until the day it happened again, I parked, popped up my bonnet and realised there was ice block all over my ac lines, despite the hot engine. Any way. Use the Ac again, once it stops to cool, open your bonnet and look at the Ac lines up to the point where it enters the cabin. If you see ice on it, then it means it's the same issue, only then can j give you my solution

6 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by mosbus: 9:46am On Jul 10, 2017
mogreen22:
I am not an expert but something similar happened to mine, the problem is a faulty thermistor and what happens is that the compressor keeps running Without shutting off, hence it causes freezing on the Ac lines, which then causes a blockage and prevents cold air from going in. After you turn it off, the ice melts and cold air starts to bkow. It was a tough diagnosis cos evertime the Ac technician checked, he said there was nothing wrong with it cos honestly, it takes a while for it to happen, until the day it happened again, I parked, popped up my bonnet and realised there was ice block all over my ac lines, despite the hot engine. Any way. Use the Ac again, once it stops to cool, open your bonnet and look at the Ac lines up to the point where it enters the cabin. If you see ice on it, then it means it's the same issue, only then can j give you my solution
you are right,the evaporator will be iced up,because the more you drive faster the capacity of the compressor will increase,you need to take it to a good work shop that has scanning machine,so has to prevent the compressor from getting damaged because if this same fault persist the compressor valve plate will get damaged.

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by segzyndpep(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
mogreen22:

Thanks so much for this.i really appreciate.i will check this and solve it sir
Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by segzyndpep(m): 3:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
mosbus:
you are right,the evaporator will be iced up,because the more you drive faster the capacity of the compressor will increase,you need to take it to a good work shop that has scanning machine,so has to prevent the compressor from getting damaged because if this same fault persist the compressor valve plate will get damaged.

Thanks so much sir
Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by segzyndpep(m): 11:23am On Aug 06, 2017
Its working perfectly after checking the thermostat.thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by LAGATA(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
segzyndpep:
good evening friends,

Wow! Having the same issue with my 407 too and can't seem to get a good a/c person here in Abuja
Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by segzyndpep(m): 8:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Now i have a chilled AC.travelled to and fro to lagos,and ekiti and i used the AC all through and it was indeed like a brown new car..please kindly open a thread about it on nairaland i am sure someone will tell you how u can get a good AC person in ABUJA..i suffer the same issue gor 2years and later realise its something i should have fix for just 5k or so..

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by drtee247(m): 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sorry but is it thermistor u changed or thermostat

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by drtee247(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
segzyndpep:
Now i have a chilled AC.travelled to and fro to lagos,and ekiti and i used the AC all through and it was indeed like a brown new car..please kindly open a thread about it on nairaland i am sure someone will tell you how u can get a good AC person in ABUJA..i suffer the same issue gor 2years and later realise its something i should have fix for just 5k or so..

My car has similar issue, is it thermistor or thermostat that was changed

1 Like

Re: Peugeot 407 Ac by RZArecta(m): 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2022
drtee247:

My car has similar issue, is it thermistor or thermostat that was changed
thermostat

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Legal To Ride A 100cc Motorcycle (privately) On The Highway In Lagos / Top 10 Mercedes-benz Cars Of All Time / Nissan Almera Car Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.