Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] (909 Views)

What Is Wrong With Ntel? (super Slow From 9am To 1am) #ntel / Want to Sign in to your Instagram account on your Computer??? / 6 Things You Do That Puts Your Computer At Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ExperienceTec: 5:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
You feel quite dreamy when you buy your first laptop with you own hard earned money. It starts with the hours of research and then ends with you in a computer shop exchanging cash for a pretty device. You rush home and unbox it and it’s as you imagined it; beautiful and blazingly fast.
Six, seven, eight months later and your pretty device seems to take its time to boot. It’s sluggish as though it has jet lag. You are angry, frustrated and you miss the good old days when it said yes to your every command.

So, what really happened? Why did it become slow?

I will help you with that question, just read on…

1) You have unwelcomed visitors in your computer: I call viruses ‘unwelcomed visitors’ and it always comes to stay ( at least that’s what it wants). When it gets in, it becomes the boss and gives the computer unending tasks. Hence your computer is busy doing some other person’s job that it has very little ‘energy’ to spare for you. Yes, you bought the computer but someone else is in charge now. You get these viruses from the following sources;

a) The Internet: Everyone knows the internet is laden with viruses but you still need to access it anyways. lol.
b) Transfer of files between people: when you transfer files from memory cards, flash drives etc. the possibility of your computer getting infected goes way up.

2) Ram Size: The more RAM you have, the more your computer can handle multiple tasks simultaneously. So when you have a small amount of RAM and then launch an application, the computer still remains fast. But the more applications you use, the slower it gets.

Feel free to ask questions and we would do our best to answer them.

Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[Part2]... Coming soon

1 Share

Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by whitebeard(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Op can the processor be changed?, I wanna change my ram, and processor...!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ExperienceTec: 9:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
whitebeard:
Op can the processor be changed?, I wanna change my ram, and processor...!!!
The processor of a laptop can be replaced when it goes bad. Your RAM can be upgraded in order to improve your laptop's performance.
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by whitebeard(m): 9:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
ExperienceTec:

The processor of a laptop can be replaced when it goes bad. Your RAM can be upgraded in order to improve your laptop's performance.
thanks, but about the processor, I want to ungrade it to a faster one...!! Is it possible
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ExperienceTec: 3:48am On Jul 11, 2017
whitebeard:
thanks, but about the processor, I want to ungrade it to a faster one...!! Is it possible
some laptop processors can be upgraded but its generally not adviceable due to the several technicalities involved. It's much easier to upgrade a desktop. just stick with the RAM upgrade.
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by whitebeard(m): 6:56am On Jul 11, 2017
ExperienceTec:

some laptop processors can be upgraded but its generally not adviceable due to the several technicalities involved. It's much easier to upgrade a desktop. just stick with the RAM upgrade.
OK thanks..!

1 Like

Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by Princewell2012(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
my laptop is very slow. i only have 250 mb thats too small. what do ni do?
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ExperienceTec: 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Princewell2012:
my laptop is very slow. i only have 250 mb thats too small. what do ni do?

Just 256MB Ram is very small. You really need to upgrade it to at least 2Gb Which operating system are you using?
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by Princewell2012(m): 5:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
ExperienceTec:

Just 256MB Ram is very small. You really need to upgrade it to at least 2Gb Which operating system are you using?

Thank you. The guy that sold it to me decieved me. It is window xp. I even wanted to upgrade to window 7 but because of small ram i could not do it. Or what else do you mean by operating system? I cant do anything serious with it even downloading.
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ucheuzor1(m): 1:13am On Jul 15, 2017
I reinstalled my windows 7 after my laptop crashed and ever since then I no longer understand my laptop anymore. It is now extremely slow and it crashes very easily now. Sometimes when it hangs, it becomes quite frightening that I have to remove my battery. Pls advice me on this op
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ExperienceTec: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2017
Princewell2012:

Thank you. The guy that sold it to me decieved me. It is window xp. I even wanted to upgrade to window 7 but because of small ram i could not do it. Or what else do you mean by operating system? I cant do anything serious with it even downloading.

That's sad. you will need to upgrade it before you can move up to windows 7.
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2017
do you have any solution for a pc not boot and showing this
repairing disc errors, this might take more than an hour.

it will be there till eternity.
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by Deicide: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
Mine uses too much ram and i cant pin point the app thats using the ram even though i use Task manager
Re: Why Your Computer Is So Slow..[part1] by ExperienceTec: 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
Yemmyteespeed007:
do you have any solution for a pc not boot and showing this

repairing disc errors, this might take more than an hour.

it will be there till eternity.

"Repairing disk error" happens when sectors of your Harddisk is sick/corrupted. So when u see the error, it means ur computer is trying to fix it. But if it takes forever, then ur Harddisk might be failing. Once u can get access to your files, back them up quickly.

(1) (Reply)

Whale Spotted At The Atlantic, Off Bonny Island, Residents Cheer It (Video) / $1.4b World Largest Solar Park In Bhadla Village India / Project Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.