Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply (6072 Views)

Cheap Mtn Offers You Can't Resist / Now You Can Get An Uninterrupted Power Supply At A Go With Little Cost! / I Need A Biz To Do With My 24hours Uninterrupted Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Here are six things you need to know about Lumos Mobile Electricity powered by MTN, the pay-as-you-go solar home system otherwise known as the Yellow Box.

1. The service is called Lumos Mobile Electricity powered by MTN. You can enjoy 24/7 electricity from the system by making small, convenient payments from your MTN mobile phone.

2. How to join the service:
Walk up to any MTN store nearest to you with your registered SIM card, ID Card (National, Voters, International Passport or Driver’s License), and an initial N26, 000 set up fee and a minimum of 20 days payment and usage term which can be combined from a list of payment plans.

3. How much you pay per day, week, and month for consumption:

5 days (N200 per day = N1000), 10 days (N180 = N 1,800), 30 days (N150 = N4, 500), 90 days (N140 = N12, 600), 180 days (N130 = N23, 400), 365 days (N128 = N 46,720).
The monthly payment plans are paid via your mobile phone, and which you must credit regularly in order to reach the minimum usage terms required by the service. A minimum of 20 days is required to be paid monthly, whether you use the system or not, this applies even if you credit more than 20 days the previous month. If the minimum usage terms per month are not met, the system will automatically lock.

4. Who is eligible to get the system?

Anyone who either lives off grid, or lives within existing grid but have inadequate power supply and seeks an alternate electricity supply. Anyone who wants to power basic appliances, TV, Fans, Light bulb, Laptop, Decoders. Small businesses -Barbers, Pharmacists, Make over shops, and Groceries.

5. The eventual ownership cycle:

It will take until 1800 days of consistent payment, usually within 5 years to take complete ownership of the Lumos mobile electricity system.

6. Coverage:

While coverage is anywhere you have MTN service, optimum service is however available in Lagos, Abuja, Niger, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kaduna, Kano, Kastina, Zamfara, Plateau, Gombe, Oyo, Ondo, Kwara, Jigawa, Kebbi, Sokoto ,Bauchi, Abia, Anambra, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi and Imo.

Another giant stride by MTN or what do you think

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
The yellow box!

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by kllinxman(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
pls wats the rated out put, I mean the load capacity in volts ?
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by surrogatesng: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
It is expensive in the long run.You will spend over 250,000 if not more.This is better,it even includes a tv http://solarkit.com.ng/?q=content/solar-generator-and-television-kit

1 Like

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2017
kllinxman:
pls wats the rated out put, I mean the load capacity in volts ?
the converter can only supply 60W max.
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2017
More
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
The MTN Mobile Electricity kit consists of a few components, namely:

80W Solar Panel unit with Cables

300Wh Lumos Solar Home System In-door Unit

USB Mobile Phone Charger

2 x LED Energy Efficient Bulbs
DC to AC converter

Easy Self-Installation Mounting Kit
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
How MTN Mobile Electricity works:

The 80W solar panel is mounted on the roof or on a pole outside to collect solar energy from the Sun and charge the built-in battery in the Lumos in-door unit. It takes about 6-hours of sunlight to fully charge the built-in battery. Once fully charged, the system can supply several hours of electricity with length of supply dependent on the amount of load.
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
However, MTN Mobile Electricity is Pay as you Go. The Lumos Solar Home system is locked until you pay to access the electricity stored in the built-in battery. The indoor unit is connected to the MTN network and gives you access to the stored energy only if you have paid.
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by lexylexy(m): 8:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

60 watts? Can that even carry a plasma TV? Me that have about 4 TV's in the house
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
MTN Mobile Electricity Payment Plans & Activation codes

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
lexylexy:

60 watts? Can that even carry a plasma TV? Me that have about 4 TV's in the house
Just 1 TV and it has to be small
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by lexylexy(m): 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

oh ok

1 Like

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Nukualofa: 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

it's defeated then
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nukualofa:
it's defeated then
Not entirely. You get to stay in the light. As in bulb to see shocked shocked

You also get to cool yourself, charge + it good for business i.e grocery shop, hair stylist, barber etc.

It's also economical, let's say a barber for instance used at least 5 litters of fuel a day, in a month, you will be talking about N21,750 And yellow box courtesy of MTN is offering N40 something in a year.

I think it's cool for those whose business needs steady current but not much of heavy power gadget.
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Tunagee(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
Here are six things you need to know about Lumos Mobile Electricity powered by MTN, the pay-as-you-go solar home system otherwise known as the Yellow Box.

1. The service is called Lumos Mobile Electricity powered by MTN. You can enjoy 24/7 electricity from the system by making small, convenient payments from your MTN mobile phone.

Walk up to any MTN store nearest to you with your registered SIM card, ID Card (National, Voters, International Passport or Driver’s License), and an initial N26, 000 set up fee and a minimum of 20 days payment and usage term which can be combined from a list of payment plans.

5 days (N200 per day = N1000), 10 days (N180 = N 1,800), 30 days (N150 = N4, 500), 90 days (N140 = N12, 600), 180 days (N130 = N23, 400), 365 days (N128 = N 46,720).
The monthly payment plans are paid via your mobile phone, and which you must credit regularly in order to reach the minimum usage terms required by the service. A minimum of 20 days is required to be paid monthly, whether you use the system or not, this applies even if you credit more than 20 days the previous month. If the minimum usage terms per month are not met, the system will automatically lock.

Anyone who either lives off grid, or lives within existing grid but have inadequate power supply and seeks an alternate electricity supply. Anyone who wants to power basic appliances, TV, Fans, Light bulb, Laptop, Decoders. Small businesses -Barbers, Pharmacists, Make over shops, and Groceries.

It will take until 1800 days of consistent payment, usually within 5 years to take complete ownership of the Lumos mobile electricity system.

6. Coverage:

While coverage is anywhere you have MTN service, optimum service is however available in Lagos, Abuja, Niger, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kaduna, Kano, Kastina, Zamfara, Plateau, Gombe, Oyo, Ondo, Kwara, Jigawa, Kebbi, Sokoto ,Bauchi, Abia, Anambra, Delta, Edo, Ebonyi and Imo.

Nonsense service!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by kllinxman(m): 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

that's just 1 incandescent build ?
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2017
This doesn't make sense. Where on earth do people pay for solar energy on pay as you go basis? This is totally rubbish, MTN take away your greed to elsewhere, you can not charge us for using sun light. Solar energy is free from God and you can't mandate us to pay for it.

The only cost involved is solar energy is only initial cost of equipment and periodic maintenance

6 Likes

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by careidon: 4:45am On Jul 20, 2017
the more annoying part is forcing us to use it for continuous 20 days else it locks up!

MTN IS either TOO GREEDY or doesn't understand our needs and so tries to treat us with rubbish insults - they are in too much hurry to recover the useless equipment cost, since sunlight is free.
imagine one cannot travel because of a box or more like because MTN must make money from us.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by enomakos(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

6. Coverage:

can you pls explain more about the ownership cycle? if I pay the set up fee of 26,000 and a month plan of 20 days I can have the box?
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by onoski28: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2018
I will advise that nobody shold go for this lumos thing, bcause when it's faulty my broda mtn go carry u do yeye. Yhe first issue my own had was network failure, network run from the system it took mtn one month to com n swap the system, now the rubish box went off completely dis is goin to the 3rd month now and no agent no technician has called me.
I am just so angry with myself now not bcause i have the box but bcause i have reffered more than 11ppl around me. Weitin i go tell dem if dem complain for me.
I have been callin 180 for the past 2months they will tell me that i will get a call with 24hrs.. Now na everlasting tin. This is another way mtn want to scam us again. Pls n pls if u have intensions of buying abeg change ur mind oh and if u get for house just take am say u don contribute miney give mtn. Its a scam. Tnk u

6 Likes

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by iykdon: 4:35am On Jun 02, 2018
Lol!!!!I wanted to go and get one for myself...
Now I'm going nowhere...my brother thanks for the info..
Mtn is here to scam this country.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
Mine only worked for a week!

MTN will never know peace! Bloody criminals. angry

Government is fvcking us left and MTN is fvcking us right. Who do we run to? Who did we offend in this world o

1 Like

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by Ademat7(m): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
Can anyone verify awango solar lamp total filling station is marketing? Save a soul before I buy am o
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by surrogatesng: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2018
1KVA 1000 WATT SOLAR SYSTEM + 1 FREE SOLAR FAN + 5 LIGHTING POINT

This 1kva (1000 watt)solar system is very economical,durable
and energy efficient.The lighting points are DC 12V low energy
and connected directly to the battery which gives better
performance and longer runtime.It comes with 1 solar standing
fan which consumes very low energy( just 10 watt) but blows
like a turnado.The fan can work 24hrs directly with
nepa,battery and imverter which makes them all weather.This is
truely an efficient solar system.It comes with a 100ah
battery and 150 watt mono crystaline solar panel (mono
crystaline panels are known to perform better than
polyscrystaline panels).It also comes with a 1000 watt
inverter which can be used to charge laptops and also to watch
tv.Our engineer will install it and ensure that the lighting
points are at the designated areas you want them to be in your
home or shop.Also an AC socket will be installed in your room
just incase you prefer watching tv or working on your laptop
in your room.What else do you need to make life comfortable?
Contact us today to get yours.

Price is 135,000 Naira only.
To order call 07067866986,07068410532 or click below to chat on whatsapp

https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002233_banner_jpeg527240edf39824fd5c835e23afd541ae
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12002148_1000watt_jpegad3619f5e4b8b8644a95d6b610a6dc75
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10225923_img201909051844053_jpeg7b42125045ccbd6f597eea57e521a75b

Clicl below to chat with us on whatsapp
https:///2347067866986
https:///2347068410532

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Mobile/Whatsapp: 07067866986,07068410532

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by mu2sa2: 3:12pm On May 25, 2020
I have been using it for over 1300 days now. I will soon be done with paying N4700 per month when I clock 1500 days.
So far so good, at least I can watch 24- inch tv, charge phones/laptop, and power two energy-efficient fans(batteries removed) and 2 bulbs. On full charge my fans work throughout the night.
The point that OP didn't mention is that it has 5- year warranty from date of purchase. In fact my first box had technical issues after 2 years and was replaced free of charge with a new and updated box.
If your power need is within 60 watts, you wont regret buying it. The parts are made of superior, high quality materials compared to the chinco being advertised at cheaper prices.
Note: I am not a marketer, in fact not a fan of mtn.
Re: MTN Offers 24/7 Uninterrupted Power Supply by truthfulperson: 7:10pm On May 25, 2020
is it not better to buy solar panels, an inverter and a big battery and install it , this does not need and monthly payments, mtn should not see nigerians as their mugus abeg , if is it a nigerian company that is doing this in south africa I am sure those people will start killing nigerians on allegations of stealing ripping them off. Xenophobic morons

(1) (Reply)

Russia Woos Nigeria For The First Nuclear Plant / FG/CAC Free Business Names Registration For 250,000 Msmes / Success Story Of Founder Of Alibaba Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.