Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions (11256 Views)

Pictures Of Federal University Of Technology, Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE THREAD.
I Welcome all UTME and Direct Entry Candidates in this year's FUTA 2017/18 Admission Process.
It was possible for many candidates who got admission into the Federal University of Akure [FUTA] in the 2016/2017 Admission Session. However, the new Academic Admission has come and it is with delight that I officially welcome all Aspiring candidates of the Most technologically equipped varsity in Nigeria: FUTA; on this platform.
I welcom Jambites.
I welcom Direct Entry Candidates as well.
THE 2017 ADMISSION PROCESS
Right from inception, Federal University of Technology, Akure has been know to conduct Post-Utme Screening Examinations for candidates. But lately, due to the directives from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, ONLY Screening of Candidates' Credentials were carried out. These begun last year, 2016 and is well expected to be a continuum until (unless) a new policy is being formulated, yet again, by the Joint Admissions Body, JAMB!
Sequel to that, we believe candidates are getting ready for this year's Admission process. It'd be a breathtaking one as Admission into Nigerian Universities nowadays are becoming highly competitive. Hence, survival of the fittest. This translates to the fact that as a FUTA Jambite Aspirant, you must have a very strong O'Level Result and must have scored not less than 200 in the just concluded UTME examinations. In the same vein, as a Direct Entry candidate, you must as well have concluded a Diploma, [ND/HND], A'Levels, NCE, IJMB/JUPEB programmes of study and must have graduated with at least UPPER CREDIT or its equivalent as the case may be subject to your Course Requirements; DE candidates must also possess the Ordinary Level requirements as this is equally important.
DE Candidates should not forget to send their Academic Transcript from their last Institution of Learning to the Registrar as soon as possible. The earlier the better.
...and in case you do not know, I'm not a Student of the School. I'm just a Direct Entry Candidate of the Institution willing to make awareness to fellow aspirants and to create a platform where we can interact, ask questions related to Admission and Courses of studies.
Once again, welcom to this year, 2017/18 FUTA Admission Process.
This year is our year....
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by samwayne154(m): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2017
Ramwab94:
I Welcome all UTME and Direct Entry Candidates in this year's FUTA 2017/18 Admission Process.
It was possible for many candidates who got admission into the Federal University of Akure [FUTA] in the 2016/2017 Admission Session. However, the new Academic Admission has come and it is with delight that I officially welcome all Aspiring candidates of the Most technologically equipped varsity in Nigeria: FUTA; on this platform.
I welcom Jambites.
Right from inception, Federal University of Technology, Akure has been know to conduct Post-Utme Screening Examinations for candidates. But lately, due to the directives from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, ONLY Screening of Candidates' Credentials were carried out. These begun last year, 2016 and is well expected to be a continuum until (unless) a new policy is being formulated, yet again, by the Joint Admissions Body, JAMB! please is it true dat FUTA does not accept awaiting result
Sequel to that, we believe candidates are getting ready for this year's Admission process. It'd be a breathtaking one as Admission into Nigerian Universities nowadays are becoming highly competitive. Hence, survival of the fittest. This translates to the fact that as a FUTA Jambite Aspirant, you must have a very strong O'Level Result and must have scored not less than 200 in the just concluded UTME examinations. In the same vein, as a Direct Entry candidate, you must as well have concluded a Diploma, [ND/HND], A'Levels, NCE, IJMB/JUPEB programmes of study and must have graduated with at least UPPER CREDIT or its equivalent as the case may be subject to your Course Requirements; DE candidates must also possess the Ordinary Level requirements as this is equally important.
DE Candidates should not forget to send their Academic Transcript from their last Institution of Learning to the Registrar as soon as possible. The earlier the better.
...and in case you do not know, I'm not a Student of the School. I'm just a Direct Entry Candidate of the Institution willing to make awareness to fellow aspirants and to create a platform where we can interact, ask questions related to Admission and Courses of studies.
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=samwayne154 post=58776874][/quote] Are you a prospective Jambite or DE Candidate?
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by samwayne154(m): 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ramwab94:
Are you a prospective Jambite or DE Candidate?
jambite ooo please can u help me confirm very well because all my hope is on FUTA please can u help me confirm if dey will accept awaiting result....dis year neco
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by hiidee(m): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ramwab94:
I welcom Jambites.
Right from inception, Federal University of Technology, Akure has been know to conduct Post-Utme Screening Examinations for candidates. But lately, due to the directives from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, ONLY Screening of Candidates' Credentials were carried out. These begun last year, 2016 and is well expected to be a continuum until (unless) a new policy is being formulated, yet again, by the Joint Admissions Body, JAMB!
Am also de aspirant, which course are U optin in for
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by samwayne154(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
hiidee:

quantity surveying...i want to use neco result
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by mostob(m): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
pls am an Mee aspirant,my jamb score is 232.waec results includes 4 Bs,4 Cs and a single A1.am i good to go?

1 Like

Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 12:07am On Jul 25, 2017
[b][/b]
samwayne154:
jambite ooo please can u help me confirm very well because all my hope is on FUTA please can u help me confirm if dey will accept awaiting result....dis year neco
All candidates, who made The Federal University of Technology, Akure their choice of first institution and obtained a minimum score of 180 and above in the 2016 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), are invited for a screening exercise in the University from Tuesday 9th August to Friday 12th August, 2016.

Similarly, candidates who made FUTA their choice of first or/second institution for the Direct Entry Admission for the 2016/2017 Academic Session are also invited for the screening exercise.

Such candidates are to visit FUTA website (www.futa.edu.ng) to register for the screening exercise, after a payment of N2,500.00 (Two thousand five hundred Naira only) through e-tranzact.

Candidates are expected to print out their screening schedule after a successful registration. They are also expected to come along with the following items on the day of screening as printed out on the schedule:

(1) UTME Original Result Slip. If you do not have this document, click here to get yours
(2) O’level result(s) print out of maximum of two sittings
(3) O’level result checking scratch card(s) (One or two, depending on the number of sittings)

Awaiting result candidates can also register, but they are expected to come along with their O’level results on the day of screening.
I believe you can read the last part of the advert. That was last year 2016 Admission Screening information. It states that Awaiting results is accepted but such candidates must bring the result on screening day.
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 12:12am On Jul 25, 2017
hiidee:

Physics Electronics. U?
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2017
mostob:
pls am an Mee aspirant,my jamb score is 232.waec results includes 4 Bs,4 Cs and a single A1.am i good to go?
Great Olevel result and Jamb grades. However, the screenin result to be conducted determines best. You are right on track.

1 Like

Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by yelinco1(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=Ramwab94 post=58329977]OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE THREAD.
I welcom Jambites.
Right from inception, Federal University of Technology, Akure has been know to conduct Post-Utme Screening Examinations for candidates. But lately, due to the directives from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, ONLY Screening of Candidates' Credentials were carried out. These begun last year, 2016 and is well expected to be a continuum until (unless) a new policy is being formulated, yet again, by the
NICE ONE!
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by samwayne154(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ramwab94:
Great Olevel result and Jamb grades. However, the screenin result to be conducted determines best. You are right on track.
please can u explain how d screening will be..thanks
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
samwayne154:
please can u explain how d screening will be..thanks
cc: Comrade Ratafar
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by hiidee(m): 10:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
samwayne154:
quantity surveying...i want to use neco result
Cool do you have any idea if DE candidates will do screening exam or oral interview. Or na olevel result they go use judge am
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by samwayne154(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
hiidee:

Cool do you have any idea if DE candidates will do screening exam or oral interview. Or na olevel result they go use judge am
I don't know, ask ramwab94
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
pls what are my chances i had 2b's 6c's and one d (in my trade subject) and i score 219 in jamb i want 2 study civil engineering
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
hiidee:

Let's await the procedures by the Institution. But it's most possible that last year's screening process would be reintroduced. No exams was written. Just screening of credentials. By saying credentials, I meant O'level and ND/HND/NCE/A'LEVELS Grades.
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Eastatlantaniqqa:
pls what are my chances i had 2b's 6c's and one d (in my trade subject) and i score 219 in jamb i want 2 study civil engineering
Your chance is as bright as everyone's. But candidly saying, Engineering courses in FUTA are quite competitive. Hence, the survival of the most fittest of O'level + Jamb Aggregates amongst Candidates comes to play.
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by cherrytunes: 11:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2017
Ramwab94:
Your chance is as bright as everyone's. But candidly saying, Engineering courses in FUTA are quite competitive. Hence, the survival of the most fittest of O'level + Jamb Aggregates amongst Candidates comes to play.
are u a Futarian ?
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
Eastatlantaniqqa:
are u a Futarian ?
No. A Direct Entrant.
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Haybeeewhy: 8:38am On Aug 02, 2017
Morning guys, for direct entry applicants, I understand one has to send his transcript to the school. Please, is there a way to confirm if the transcript has gotten to the school cos my previous institution insisted they post it themself and not that I bring it by hand
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by akashi01(m): 12:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Ramwab94:
Let's await the procedures by the Institution. But it's most possible that last year's screening process would be reintroduced. No exams was written. Just screening of credentials. By saying credentials, I meant O'level and ND/HND/NCE/A'LEVELS Grades.
how far boss..when's the screening?
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Thundey44: 7:19am On Aug 03, 2017
Abeg boss for futa De sey two sitting with nd upper credit good to go for civil engineer course
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by iamoracle: 8:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
Haybeeewhy:
Morning guys, for direct entry applicants, I understand one has to send his transcript to the school. Please, is there a way to confirm if the transcript has gotten to the school cos my previous institution insisted they post it themself and not that I bring it by hand

If u have anyone DAT can help u in skul, it's beta dey help u do follow up on it

2 Likes

Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by iamoracle: 12:45am On Aug 05, 2017
Guys, don't forget to take d required documents to JAMB office for verification

1 Like

Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2017
Haybeeewhy:
of course bro. You either visit your school and confirm from the Records and Data where you've processed it or do one of the following:
1. Check for a friend in FUTA who can volunteer to help you make the confirmation at the Registrar's Office of the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
2. Wait for the Screening Date when you'll be opportuned to visit FUTA yourself. You will be more free to do that by then.

1 Like

Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2017
akashi01:
how far boss..when's the screening?
We do not know yet bro. But the most realistic of information gathered is that the form could be released before month end because lectures for second semester ends September 3 while exams commence September 11. Let's anticipate. Are you a UTME candidate?
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
Thundey44:
Abeg boss for futa De sey two sitting with nd upper credit good to go for civil engineer course
UTME or Direct Entry?
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by Ramwab94(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
FUTA 17/18 Direct Entry Whatsapp Group had for long been created. Join the discussion with fellow aspirants on this Link: https:///4NF5H17g8QqFtLarcMcZJN
Re: Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) 2017/18 UTME/DE Admissions by iamoracle: 4:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ramwab94:
FUTA 17/18 Direct Entry Whatsapp Group had for long been created. Join the discussion with fellow aspirants on this Link: https:///4NF5H17g8QqFtLarcMcZJN

D link is not correct/incomplete

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Degree Courses With Best Employment Opportunities In Nigeria / Help Me With Universities That Offers MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE(MLS) / Good Gre Training Centres In Lagos Or Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.