Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 11/7/2017 Living A Worry-free Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 11/7/2017 Living A Worry-free Life (328 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. / Cast Your Cares And Live Worry-Free - Joseph Prince / My Dream Of The Rapture(8/7/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 11/7/2017 Living A Worry-free Life by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 11, 2017
CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 World Population Day
LIVING A WORRY-FREE LIFE
Read Matthew 6:25-32
MEMORISE
Therefore, I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? (Matthew 6:25)

In his book, What Jesus Said About Successful Living, Haddon W. Robinson narrates this interesting story: One morning, death was walking into a city, when a man stopped him and asked what he was doing. Death answered, “I'm going into the city to kill 10,000 people”. That man replied, “That is terrible that you would kill 10,000 people”. Death responded. “Taking people when their time has come is my job. Today, I have to get my 10,000". Later, as death was coming out of the city, the man met him. Again, he was furious. He said “You told me this morning that you were going to take 10,000 people, but 70,000 died today”. Death answered, “Don't get mad at me. I only took 10,000. Worry killed all the rest.” This story teaches us that worry kills more people before their time.
The Poet Robert Frost (1874-1963) wrote, “The reason why worry kills more people than work is because more people worry than work”. For many people, worry has become so engraved in their personalities that once the old worries are gone, they themselves search for new ones.
We must do away with worry for the following reasons: (i) It is unreasonable (v. 25). God has given you a far greater blessing (life) and all it involves. (ii) It is unnatural (v. 26). God provides for all other living organisms and we are more valuable than they. (iii) It is unhelpful (v. 27). Worry cannot produce anything good for our lives. (iv) It is unnecessary (v. 30). God cannot help but provide for His own people. (v) It is unbelieving (v. 31-32). If you believe that God exists, you need to cast all your care upon Him (Heb. 11:6, I Pet. 5;7).

PRAYER POINTS
1. I cast out the spirit of worry in me, in Jesus’ name
2. Lord, add more to my faith to commit my future to your hand
3. We pray for all Christian homes to always put their confidence in God no matter the situation.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 38-41
Re: Cac Living Water Daily Devotional Guide 11/7/2017 Living A Worry-free Life by BRATISLAVA: 6:50am On Jul 11, 2017
All ds wt d juju dey tied u ppl dorr? Cheq fp 4 d tred

(1) (Reply)

Russian Court Confirms Jehovah's Witness Ban!! / “only God Has The Power Of Life And Death"-apostle Suleman Warns / Bible Verse: Self Pity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.