Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? (1657 Views)

I Just Bought Highlander V6 2005 Which Engine Oil And Gear Oil You Will Recomend / Nissan Murano Gear Oil...urgently Needed / Genuine Engine Oil,gear Oil,coolant &brake Fluids For Toyota,nissan Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? by mormoney85(m): 7:45am On Jul 11, 2017
my mechanic said. six month but am not trusting those guys, so i want to hear from the experienced car owner
Re: How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? by mrtomola(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2017
Follow these steps to know if your gear oil is due for change or top up:
For Automatic:

1. Start the Engine
2. Pull the Handbrake
3. Select the Gear to Drive (make sure the car is parked on leveled Space)
4. Open your bonnet and open the gear oil container and wait for 1 to 2mins
5. Remove the gauge rod and dry clean it then put it back to check the oil level.

Note: if the oil level is at the right place on the gauge but turning dark brown or black then it is for change. And if the colour is still bright or reddish but low on the gauge then you need just to top it up.

These are the tips my German Friend thought me.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? by funshonaira(m): 8:02am On Jul 11, 2017
A
Re: How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? by mormoney85(m): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
mrtomola:
Follow these steps to know if your gear oil is due for change or top up:
For Automatic:

1. Start the Engine
2. Pull the Handbrake
3. Select the Gear to Drive (make sure the car is parked on leveled Space)
4. Open your bonnet and open the gear oil container and wait for 1 to 2mins
5. Remove the gauge rod and dry clean it then put it back to check the oil level.

Note: if the oil level is at the right place on the gauge but turning dark brown or black then it is for change. And if the colour is still bright or reddish but low on the gauge then you need just to top it up.

These are the tips my German Friend thought me.
. thanks alot. God bless
Re: How Long Is Good Enough To Change Gear Oil? by Alexgray(m): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
I personally recommend transmission fluid to be replaced and transmissuon serviced at least once a year

(1) (Reply)

Registered Kia Picanto 2013(brought Brand New) / Sold ©© Used 2002 Ford Focus For N750k / Lagos: Toyota Camry 2008 @ 1.4m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.