Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,778 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Are Gays Really Sinners? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Gays Really Sinners? (3110 Views)

Hell Will Be Hotter For Deeper Life Sinners - W.F. Kumuyi / 10 Ways Sinners Celebrate Easter- By Tosyne2much / Are Gays Demons In Human Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Gays Really Sinners? by sirmeul(m): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2007
My friends and i have been arguing about this for a while are gays really sinners or is homosexuality a sin? I feel being gay is not a sin cos i have met with homosexuals and it is not their fault that they are gay cos homosexuality could be passed on from generation to generation and it depends on how you were brought up like a girl in her tender age being dressed up in a boys clothing and always hangs out with her fellow girls and is always cautioned about the opposite sex will definately turn out to be gay. So i will like opinions about this matter
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Emad(f): 9:50am On Feb 23, 2007
Gays are sinners if you are refering to Christianity
St Paul speak out right openly against Homosexuality. He describes it as the Punishment from God to sinners.
I is also condemn as one of the sins that engulfed Sodom and Gomora, before the destruction.
It is described in the bible as a deadly sin
so if you are refering to Christianity i say without hesitation YES, Gays are sinners.
What is frightful about this is how rapidly it has spread through the european cultue and how acceptable it is becoming in our African societys.

embarassed cry cry God Saves us
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2007
religiously, THEIR DESTINATION IS HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by chiogo(f): 10:10pm On Feb 23, 2007
GAYS ARE REAL SINNERS. NOBODY SHOULD BE BLAMED ---- IT IS 100% THEIR FAULT! JUST BECAUSE UR PARENTS CAUTION U ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX DOESN'T MEAN U SHOULD TURN GAY.
I'M SORRY BUT I DON'T SUPPORT GAYNESS ONE BIT AND I DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A GAY PERSON. GOODLUCK TO THEM, THOUGH. cry cry
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Gamine(f): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2007
@Topic
Duhh!! undecided
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by sisimose(f): 6:20pm On Feb 25, 2007
Are Gays Really Sinner? : ans; Are We God?
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Maneater1(f): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2007
Gamine:

@Topic
Duhh!! undecided
LOL

sisimose:

Are Gays Really Sinner? : ans; Are We God?
Word!

Remember SODOM and GOMORRAH!!!! embarassed
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Ferlie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2007
u r a ballistic missile for asking that question - if you sleep with a goat/dog, thenb u are not a sinner as well?
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Emad(f): 3:41pm On Feb 28, 2007
Well i have one thing to say, answer the question or do not comment.
People the Question is , as in above, this searches to find out the audience's opinion speaking religiously. If you are not Christian, that's alright, but u cannot answer this forum question. Because when u talk of Sinners or Beleivers u are obviously refering to a Religion, in this case Christianity. Whether we accept it or not, homosexuality is sinful, Masturbation is sinful along with a host of other sins, the fact the these are done so rampantly does not make them right . No body is claiming to be holier than thou but let us call a spade a spade.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by tianshie(m): 9:31pm On Feb 28, 2007
Oh gays? they're not sinners at all
but I have a sneaky feeling they won't be reaching for the pearly gates.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by sofine5(f): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2007
of course gays are sinners tongue

they disobey the laws of physics wink
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by VORTEX(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2007
i actually dont know wut 2 answer u.not becuz i dont know the answer,but becuz of ur question.how can u ask if gay is a sin?in the bible remember sodom and gomorah when they wanted to meet the angels of God.what do u think they wanted to do?and if it wasnt a sin why will lots not comply?so i dont know what else it will be to convince u.OR R U GAY?[size=8pt][/size] angry angry angry angry
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Free(f): 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2007
Yes they are sinners
just like Me and U
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by liberia(f): 11:39pm On Mar 18, 2007
i dont think it is a sin because you cant control what you like and also who are we to tell everyone how to live their lives. we have people who murder, torture, rape and rob people. gay people are some of the nicest people i have come across.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Free(f): 12:52am On Mar 19, 2007
i don't think it is a sin because you can't control what you like and also who are we to tell everyone how to live their lives.

its a big ass SIN!!!
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Emad(f): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2007
liberia:

i don't think it is a sin because you can't control what you like and also who are we to tell everyone how to live their lives. we have people who murder, torture, rape and rob people. gay people are some of the nicest people i have come across.

lipsrsealed hummmmmmmmmmmmmm so liberia , you might as well say that adultery is not a sin since the two people feel an attraction for each other, heinnnnnnnnn? where is the world going to

anyway, as i said before when you talk of homosexuality being a sin then you are refering to a religion which in this case is Christianity. we are not judging them, but we are saying that our religion stands against this practices , God Speed
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Free(f): 4:44am On Mar 21, 2007
tank U grin
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Paulus(m): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2007
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Gays, murderers, thieves, you, me, everybody -- has sinned.

None of us deserve paradise.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by dtwsola(m): 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2007
sofine5:

of course gays are sinners tongue

they disobey the laws of physics wink

Exactly which laws of physics are the disobeying, or are you just speaking what you don't know.

It's really refreshing to see all you compassionate Christians condemning gays to hell.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Paulus(m): 1:56am On Jul 06, 2007
dtw_sola,

Did you read what I posted; we all are guilty in the eyes of God, "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" the glory of God is perfection -- we're not perfect.

Even if all a person did, was to commit 1 sin in their life -- they would be just as guilty as one who had murdered & attacked every day of their life.

I'm not condemning, I'm just a messenger, BTW, I'm a sinner too.

Wait, there's more,

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by lafile(m): 9:53am On Jul 06, 2007
because homosexuality could be passed on from generation to generation
Oh Homosexuality is genetic now? inserted into our DNA by whom?

and it depends on how you were brought up like a girl in her tender age being dressed up in a boys clothing and always hangs out with her fellow girls
Like my sister the worlds number one Tom-boy, by the way she is heterosexual.

and is always cautioned about the opposite sex will definately turn out to be gay.

Every girl i know was cautioned about boys. Tell me any Nigerian girl that was not cautioned about boys from age 4? how many turned out gay?

I was cautioned about girls grin and i am a full blooded heterosexual.

Stop giving excuses for sin.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by dreamnaira(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2007
Homosexualism, lesbianism and incest are not only sin but abomination before God.
''Whn you therefore shall see abomination, of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place{whoso readeth, let him understand:}''[Matt24:15.Dan9;27]

In fact it's crazy for somebody to ask wether homosexualism is sin.
This world has gone mad, wth greed and lust, it's not a thriller fiction.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Emad(f): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2007
Everybody Hold It!!
I think this Americanisation of the world has gone far enough. angry angry angry
i cannot believe that these are Africans , talking about Homesexuality on Tolerable terms, what happened to our Africanism?? what happened to our traditions??
The fact that america makes madness look normal does not mean we shd go in that direction.

next thing we would be hearing that it is normal to marry our first cousins like the british do

we better fast and pray for the delieverance of our Generations
Sodom and Gomorah
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by dtwsola(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2007
OK Mr. African, why do worship a European god
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Emad(f): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2007
i beg your pardon but God is not European the fact that he was introduced to us by Europeans does not make him a White God.
Besides we have the Bible to tell us better. and it is this Bible which SAYS homosexuality is a sin, so why do the whites contractdict themselves.
In america these days the gays defend themselves saying, God wants gays, wherever they got that from ??
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by otuwe(f): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2007
are non gays who steal sinners ?
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by BlkRaven(f): 1:26am On Jul 26, 2007
Stop being so judgemental. Forget about whether gays are sinners or not. Focus on your own sins and worry about your own salvation.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Free(f): 4:14am On Jul 26, 2007
no just da sad onces don burn in hell fire
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Horus(m): 9:32am On Jul 26, 2007
If you Christian preachers claim that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their homosexual acts, then why are there still homosexuals still alive today, or did God fail to kill them? Why did he let these people become homosexuals in the first place, if he hated it so much? Then if you go to 1Samuel 20:17, Jonathan "causes David to swear again, because he loved (ahabaw) him: For he loved (awhab) him as he loved (ahabaw) his own soul (nefesh)."
Two Aramic (Hebrew) words are used in the above quote for love. One is ahabaw meaning "of man toward man, of man toward himself, between man and woman, sexual desire," and the other is awhab meaning "to love, human love for another; includes family, and sexual, lover.
David and Jonathan were lovers. In simple words they were homosexuals. David kisses Saul in 1Samuel 20:41, and it says ". . . and they kissed (nawshaq) one another , and wept one with another, until David exceeded." The Aramic word for kiss in the above quote is nawshaq meaning "to put together, kiss, touch gently, handle." Hence according to the quotes above David and Jonathan, the son of Saul, were homosexuals who loved each other, like a husband loves his wife.
  This story is found right in your bible after the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomomorah, which you (Christians) teach was destroyed because of homosexuality. Can you explain this to us Reverend, because our souls are searching for the truth? Christians claim that the bible states in Leviticus 18:22 "thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination," so according to them, these homosexuals are going against the laws of the bible.
The Muslim, because of this mis-information, made the name "Lot" or "Lut" mean "homosexual." It shows that their Koran is not dealing in spiritual, but man made.
"No preacher belongs in your bedroom, he belongs behind the pulpit saving your soul."
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Emad(f): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2007
Horus:

If you Christian preachers claim that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of their homosexual acts, then why are there still homosexuals still alive today, or did God fail to kill them? Why did he let these people become homosexuals in the first place, if he hated it so much? Then if you go to 1Samuel 20:17, Jonathan "causes David to swear again, because he loved (ahabaw) him: For he loved (awhab) him as he loved (ahabaw) his own soul (nefesh)."
Two Aramic (Hebrew) words are used in the above quote for love. One is ahabaw meaning "of man toward man, of man toward himself, between man and woman, sexual desire," and the other is awhab meaning "to love, human love for another; includes family, and sexual, lover.
David and Jonathan were lovers. In simple words they were homosexuals. David kisses Saul in 1Samuel 20:41, and it says ". . . and they kissed (nawshaq) one another , and wept one with another, until David exceeded." The Aramic word for kiss in the above quote is nawshaq meaning "to put together, kiss, touch gently, handle." Hence according to the quotes above David and Jonathan, the son of Saul, were homosexuals who loved each other, like a husband loves his wife.
This story is found right in your bible after the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomomorah, which you (Christians) teach was destroyed because of homosexuality. Can you explain this to us Reverend, because our souls are searching for the truth? Christians claim that the bible states in Leviticus 18:22 "thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination," so according to them, these homosexuals are going against the laws of the bible.
The Muslim, because of this mis-information, made the name "Lot" or "Lut" mean "homosexual." It shows that their Koran is not dealing in spiritual, but man made.
"No preacher belongs in your bedroom, he belongs behind the pulpit saving your soul."

i will invite you to read saint paul's letter to the corinthians
and read exactly the part where he talks about homosexuality, " as a curse from God. they cease to feel the love for women, and burn with a passion for each other, "

The of this forum is "are gays really sinners" , according to christianity , YES they are,
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by clemcykul(f): 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2007
As a matter of sincererity and gospel truth homosexuality is a sin. SO says JEHOVAH NISSi!!!!!!!! The end of the world is near according to revelation. God had given the power of the world to satan, satan is the king of world he master minds all the evils perpetuated in this world today! remember he witnessed the creation and caused man to doubt Gods sincerirty and love, that way he will sway man from the heavenly promises of God. but upon our sins God still loved us and gave his SON who is the WORD OF GOD to die for our sins and reconcile us with God again so that we will be righteous through the blood of lamb which is JESUS CHRIST. when God created the first beings they were male and female. even the animals were male and female and God gave a command that they should multiply and fill the earth. so lesbianism and homosexualism and all sort of sexual immorality are the subtle ways satan use to decieve man and cause him to disobey God. remember the devil is wise in his own conciet he witnessed the creation even before man was created. Thats why God admonished us to be watchful and prayerful, because the devil is a roaring lion looking for whom to devour. flee satan's lie that homosexuality is acceptable before God, ITS NOT!!!! REPENT YEE THEREFORE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. HELL IS REAL.
Re: Are Gays Really Sinners? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2007

of course gays are sinners

they disobey the laws of physics

Even though I studied the law some weeks ago, I don't remember the law. But it states that:

1. Like charges repel
2. Unlike charges attract

Two men are like charges, so they should repel.
A man and a woman are unlike charges, so they should attract.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unclad Ladies Caught In Church (pics included) / 40 Things That Will Lead You To Hell Fire - Listed By A Pastor / Can The Devil Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.