Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,896 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? (27351 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal / 9mobile Is Etisalat Nigeria's New Name / Etisalat Nigeria’s Troubles Worsen As Largest Shareholder Pulls Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Nltaliban(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's no longer news that Etisalat is backing out from Nigeria after CBN in collaboration with some banks took over the company. 

Am not a marketer or something, but I don't want to be sentimental. The truth is ETISALAT NIGERIA GOT LOAN FROM THE BANK WHEN EXCHANGE RATE WAS FAVORABLE, WHEN NIGERIA WAS TOGETHER. HOPING TO PAY BACK AT THE SAME RATE. but looking at how the exchange rate has skyrocketed, one would know that it's wouldn't be the same for Etisalat Nigeria the exchange rate is now twice of the amount it was when the acquired the loan. Meaning that the would be paying twice the amount they loaned INTEREST NOT INCLUDED this is cruelty at its peak. 

I think the federal government should just step into this before Nigeria looses all its potential investors.

21 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by OVA200(m): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
No na the beginning,
I still pity them Sha

Dedicate my first to comment to all average guy trying everything possible to make ends meet God bless our hustle.

17 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by macaranta(m): 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sadly... Yes.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by veekid(m): 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nooooo! They are juz getting started
Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by sureheaven(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
The end......... that's all

4 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by kulobyno: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Question jam answer

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by chiboyo(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Etisalat was a top brand, really a pity!

6 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Hexilon: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Goldenheart(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
lipsrsealed Upon all their stinginess, them still cast. cry

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by waptrickcom: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Chai
Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Ekejoestar(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
And i still 2.5gb unused data. Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Josh44s(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
And these boiz are still hawking their SIM cards up and down

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by kulobyno: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Mergic(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
"Now You are Talking"-----i meant Etisalat

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by jessejunior(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
we don't know the way forward

this nation is confused

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Lagusta(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Alphybuks(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
thunder fire glo

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by shorlla(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Make them watch countries well before they rush go invest next time

6 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by adioolayi(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nothing is fair in this life....one should just pray to always be at the favourable side of life.....So so sad.

7 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by MadCow1: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
More reasons to respecr MTN.

They have outlived Econet, Vodacom, Zain, Etisalat, Nitel and co..

28 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by ciopnigeria: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
After 7 years ,they couldn't pay the loan?

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by sureheaven(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Etisalat now be like.........

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by gurunlocker: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
Buhari is working... that's the effect of buharinomics.

I will so much miss that network, just wish GLO can acquire it and move away from their snail speed thing called network.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by bbbabes(f): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good news for MTN
Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by humchrix333: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Seriously you don't have news to talk here the person that posted this etisalat stuff here . Is an old news that already everywhere. Please, step up your games and give us something new okay . Don't be lazy

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by eightsin(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
The dollar increment affected a lot of things... I'm tired of praying for this country

7 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by itiswellandwell: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is not the end of ETISALAT. Afterall, we once had Econet, Zain, where are they now? Water passed garri for them so some people acquired them and the name were changed. In business, you lose and you gain.

check my signature for your full capacity powerbank.

4 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Notion(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
They follow cause their down fall.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
APC and buhari are the worst thing to happen to Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by AK481(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Not twice the rate they borrowed,maybe thrice.

Buhari and his economic team caused it

How?

Ok bring out your calculator.

1.2bn$ borrowed at 150 naira to be payed back in 2years time=180bn naira to be paid back.

Let's say etisalat made an additional profit of 100bn naira that's 280bn naira right!.everybody rejoices.

Loan expires at the late 2016 dollar =504 naira,to pay back =603bn naira plus loan service charge say 630 billion to pay back.

What on earth can save them from not collapsing?

They made good profit for their business.

But it still wasn't enough.
If u look around and u want to be truthful,most company almost died or died because of Buhari.

Hepocrisy at its peak,

40 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by friday2011(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Because the exchange rate wasn't favourable?, what if it was the other way round, I mean in favour of ETISALAT, won't they repay at the current exchange rate.

Buhari fall on them.

8 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of Etisalat Nigeria? by praisedigx(m): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Its quite gonna be a huge loss to the internet users... embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Opera Mini For Etisalat Lines / The Dangers In Making & Answering Calls While "Charging" / Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.