Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible (19174 Views)

TB Joshua: I Belong To ALL Political Parties / Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2017
Tampinu:

Sorry that post was for OLAADEGBU

I've discovered that this post wasn't directed to me, but I will ask as well.

What spirituality are u talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 12:48am On Jul 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I've discovered that this post wasn't directed to me, but I will ask as well.

What spirituality are u talking about here.

“The temple of the most high begins with the body which houses our life, the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other…”

― Haile Selassie I

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by MrPresident1: 12:58am On Jul 16, 2017
Dem don smoke copy-paste OLAADEGBU for this thread grin

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 16, 2017
Tampinu:

“The temple of the most high begins with the body which houses our life, the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other…”

― Haile Selassie I

Thank God u didn't start the Christianity Jesus n holy spirit whatever.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Thank God u didn't start the Christianity Jesus n holy spirit whatever.

What's wrong with Spirituality, Jesus and Holy Spirit? Eh? shocked
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Dhugal: 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
He ran from his own thread

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by MrPresident1: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
The Apocryphal books are heavy, dense, condensed, and concentrated.

Fear God, and you don't have to fear anything, much less satan.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrPresident1:
The Apocryphal books are heavy, dense, condensed, and concentrated.

Fear God, and you don't have to fear anything, much less satan.

The fear of God is re-assuring wink
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by MrPresident1: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
Tampinu:

The fear of God is re-assuring wink

It is everything grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Tampinu:

What's wrong with Spirituality, Jesus and Holy Spirit? Eh? shocked

Religion is a scam.
Jesus is a European.
Holy spirit is an imagination.
God is a spirit, God is unknown, as we live life we just try to know him.
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Religion is a scam.

Jesus is a European.

Holy spirit is an imagination.

God is a spirit, God is unknown, as we live life we just try to know him.

OK, so which part of Europe is Jesus from, eh
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Tampinu:

User, so which part of Europe is Jesus from, eh

He has an Italian/Roman version and after some centuries the British created their own version.
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

He has an Italian/Roman version and after some centuries the British created their own version.

Who has an Italian/Roman version? ANd Italian/Roman version of what?

I can barely make head or tail of your comment (Sigh)
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrPresident1:

It is everything grin

I concur! smiley wink cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
Tampinu:

Who has an Italian/Roman version? ANd Italian/Roman version of what?

I can barely make head or tail of your comment (Sigh)

It can only mean u lack comprehension.

There's nothing strange or confusing bout what I've been saying.

the Jesus story is a European story. Go to Israel, he doesn't exist there. Israelites are not Christians.
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
PrecisionFx:

It can only mean u lack comprehension.

There's nothing strange bout whaynibe been saying.

the Jesus story is a European story. Ho to Israel, he doesn't exist there. Israelites are not Christians.

Thanks, the words of Tampinu are ended.

Peace
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Dhugal: 7:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
grin
Tampinu:

Peace
grin
Tampinu:

Peace
This right here, is how to handle dimwits

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
Dhugal:
grin grin

This right here, is how to handle dimwits

Thanks for the comment; I don't suffer fools and since I am not here to win arguments, I reserve the right to elect whether or not I wanna engage in incoherent and senseless written disputes etc

Well, on another note, please do you have the link to a post (or any posts) regarding the 6th & 7th Books of Moses?

Peace

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Dhugal: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

Thanks for the comment; I don't suffer fools and since I am not here to win arguments I reserve the right to elect whether or not I wanna engage in incoherent and senseless written disputes etc

Well, on another note, please do you have the page/link to a post (or any posts) regarding the 6th & 7th Books of Moses?
I've spent some time searching for it but not making much progress. It will be great if I can get some assistance.

Peace
They don't exist.
Just some occultic mumbo they tried couching in religious garb.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dhugal:

They don't exist.
Just some occultic mumbo they tried couching in religious garb.

Thanks.

I observed that ...
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
Reasons why the apocrypha does not belong in the Bible

Jesus, the apostles, the Jews and the early church all rejected the books in the Apocrypha as being inspired books on the same level of scripture.

https://carm.org/reasons-why-apocrypha-does-not-belong-bible

Catholics and Protestants disagree regarding the exact number of books that belong in the Old Testament Scriptures. The dispute between them is over seven books, part of what is known as the Apocrypha: 1 and 2 Maccabees, Sirach (Ecclesiasticus), Wisdom (Wisdom of Solomon), Baruch, Tobit, Judith, and additions to Daniel and Esther.1 However, there are a number of reasons why the Old Testament Apocrypha should not be part of the Canon or standard writings of Scripture. - Ryan Turner
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by ysyowel(m): 11:34am On Jul 26, 2017
the books are good for reading but are never part of the CANON and Jesus Christ never quoted from them cool
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 7:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
ysyowel:
the books are good for reading but are never part of the CANON and Jesus Christ never quoted from them cool

Did Jesus quote anything from "Genesis"? Does that mean that Genesis should not be a part of the Canon? shocked

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by ysyowel(m): 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
Jesus quoted from Torah (Gen, Exo, Lev, Num & Deut) he quoted from Genesis when he said "before Abraham was I AM" He quoted from Psalms and the Prophets but NOT from any of the books of Apocrypha
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
ysyowel:
Jesus quoted from Torah (Gen, Exo, Lev, Num & Deut) he quoted from Genesis when he said "before Abraham was I AM" He quoted from Psalms and the Prophets but NOT from any of the books of Apocrypha

Thanks, but now, please tell us Jesus' quote from the Book of Revelations in the bible.

With Thanks

Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by ysyowel(m): 1:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Tampinu:

Thanks, but now, please tell us Jesus' quote from the Book of Revelations in the bible.

With Thanks

Why should Jesus quoted from the book Revelation why He Himself He's in it, even given instructions
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Wilgrea7(m): 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The Apocrypha is not in the Bible because Jesus, the apostles and the Jews did not accept it nor did the early church. In addition, it contains false teachings.

which apostles? and using the Jews as a basis of judgement is wrong... the jews reject the new testament.. does that make it wrong?... books are accepted and rejected for different reasons.. the book of Enoch was once accepted.. the revelation of john was once rejected.. it depends on the council
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 9:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
ysyowel:

Why should Jesus quoted from the book Revelation why He Himself He's in it, even given instructions

So as Jesus did not quote from Revelation, does it make Revelation any less relevant? Therefore, if Jesus did not quote from Apocrypha, why should that fact render Apocrypha irrelevant? Huh?

Thanking you.
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Davoneskay(m): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
Tampinu:

So as Jesus did not quote from Revelation, does it make Revelation any less relevant? Therefore, if Jesus did not quote from Apocrypha, why should that fact render Apocrypha irrelevant? Huh?

Thanking you.

Jesus was part of the book of Revelations eg. Rev 1:8, 1:17, 1:18 etc.
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Tampinu(m): 8:50am On Aug 02, 2017
Davoneskay:

Jesus was part of the book of Revelations eg. Rev 1:8, 1:17, 1:18 etc.

So?
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by ysyowel(m): 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
Tampinu:

Thanking you.
Isn't Christ alone even the Apostles quoted not from it so why can't you understand this simple truth
Re: Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible by Raphael81(m): 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

OK. The Apocrypha is not the inspired word of God. Discuss. cool

Oga answer and stop begging the question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please What Does The Bible Mean By "vain Repititions" Matthew 6:7? / Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.