Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,414 members, 7,850,473 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

SEO For Fools: The 10 Basics Of Blogging Search Engine Optimization - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO For Fools: The 10 Basics Of Blogging Search Engine Optimization (284 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging / 8 Things I Have Learnt From 3 Months Of Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SEO For Fools: The 10 Basics Of Blogging Search Engine Optimization by Talkvibez: 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
SEO for fools: The 10 Basics of Blogging Search Engine Optimization

http://www.360cyberclass.tk/2017/07/seo-for-fools-10-basics-of-blogging.html

seo for blog

I decided to do a full post on it (isn’t she lucky?) because it is such a cool and expansive topic.
So what exactly was her question?

Found your blog the other day and have learned MUCH more than the previous 100 blogs I had found combined. I see that you have an article about SEO secrets below but I was wondering if you can direct me to like an “SEO for idiots” type of thing… I really need to understand the basics.

So here you go Kelci, here are the 10 basics of blogging search engine optimization.
Oh, and this isn’t really for idiots. None of my readers are idiots. And if you are learning about SEO so you can grow your blog you are a long way from being idiotic. Follow this guide and you’ll be well on your way to getting over 100,000 visitors from Google per month.
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links which means I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you if you purchase through that link. I only ever recommend things I have used and love. Thank you for the support

A crude illustration of how SEO works
Let me start by giving you a crude example of how Google SEO works.
Google has developed automatic algorithms that rank your site. They send out what are called “spiders” to “crawl” your site and check it for over 100 indicators that determine whether your site is valuable or useless. These indicators include things like backlinks, domain age, traffic, fresh content, etc.
SEO is the art of making sure those spiders are happy with what they find. It is an extremely complex field that is constantly changing but in all that chaos there are a few constants that have remained true since the beginning. I’ll talk about those here.
The 10 basics of blogging SEO
As always guys and gals, if you have any other tips please leave me a comment and add to the fun. I absolutely love reading the huge comment-essays that you all tend to wr

ite.
1. You need your own domain and hosting
The first thing that beginners need to know is that you need your own domain and hosting. Free blog set ups do not do any favors for your SEO efforts. Why is that?

Many people speculate that if you were really serious about your website you would get your own name and host it yourself. And Google only wants to point to websites that are considered serious and trustworthy and so this is a very basic signal.

I recommend all new bloggers get their own domain and hosting setup right from the beginning. You can read more about why in my blog hosting review that I did recently or check out this detailed guide on how to start a blog and dominate your niche that goes over everything you need to know before you start a blog.
2. Solve problems with original content
You have to remember that Google’s whole purpose is to provide their customers with relevant and useful search results. Everything they do is built around the premise.
And, to be realistic, the most important thing you can do for your SEO is create massively useful content that solves people’s problems. If you are solving problems that people are searching for then it is likely that you are going to get shared on social media and ranked in Google.
The phrase “original content” means so much more than just blog posts nowadays. You should start expanding into:

Photography
Here’s a big guide to finding images for your blog that talks about why you need original images and photos and how to use them to your best advantage..
Videos
Make tutorials or do video posts with your webcam. This builds links and traffic from YouTube and does well on mobile devices.
Podcasts
iTunes is growing fast as people get better smart phones and spend more time plugged in. You can check out my podcast right here.
Tools and plugins
If you can develop an original tool and install it on your website you can be assured of top Google rankings for a long time. Google absolutely loves tools and helpful plugins that people can use in their lives.

The idea is to build a relationship with your readers by helping them out. This will mean more sharing and faster results on the SERPS (search engine rankings positions).
But you also want to make sure that the content that you are producing is different in some way. If you take a look at the front page of Google you’ll see that all the results are slightly different and you need to try and cater to that.

http://www.360cyberclass.tk/2017/07/seo-for-fools-10-basics-of-blogging.html

(1) (Reply)

Sms Shortcode Business-how You Can Really Make Money From It. / Peachtree Software /quickbooks Enterprise Training / Premium Alpha Reseller Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.