Stats: 3,164,377 members, 7,857,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? (634 Views)

Why Does God Allow Suffering? / Why Did "GOD" Allow The Holocaust To Occur (2) (3) (4)

Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
why does God, allow suffering?if God is all powerful,loving,wise,and just,why is the world so full of hatred and injustice?have you ever wondered about this things yourself?why,though has God allowed suffering to go on for so long? do we blame God for all the suffering in the world?who causes this suffering?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by felixomor: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Op, I hope your own hands are clean and free before asking this question?

Its always very easy to see the "evil" in the world, but only few are Willing to admit, we are contributing to the so called "evil"

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by hopefulLandlord: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
I have asked Christians the question, "If an all-powerful, loving God exists why does he allow children to starve?" I usually get one of two responses. Either they tell me that God's ways are "mysterious" and that children starving are all a part of his greater plan that we won't know about until after we die. Or they smugly turn it around to say, "Why are YOU letting kids starve to death? God works through human hands."
The first answer is a total cop-out and basically says they have no friggin' clue as to why he does things but he MUST have some good reason for it. It's just that we are not privy to that reason.

When they say the second answer I respond by giving the following example. Say I am a father and have a 10 yr old son. The son wants a dog for his birthday. So I buy him a puppy and say that it is his responsibility to feed it. He agrees. After awhile the son ignores the puppy and isn't feeding it. The puppy is starving. I have the power to feed the puppy. All I have to do it put food in its bowl. But I don't because feeding the puppy is my son's responsibility. So I watch the puppy starve to death. Now what do you think of me? Would you think I was a heartless monster? Or would you say it was not my fault the puppy starved since it was my son's duty to feed it?
They usually don't have an answer for that one.

Christianity is vapid, full of nonsense, garbage and empty promises with NOTHING objectively logical and sensible backing it

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by dalaman: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
I have asked Christians the question, "If an all-powerful, loving God exists why does he allow children to starve?" I usually get one of two responses. Either they tell me that God's ways are "mysterious" and that children starving are all a part of his greater plan that we won't know about until after we die. Or they smugly turn it around to say, "Why are YOU letting kids starve to death? God works through human hands."
The first answer is a total cop-out and basically says they have no friggin' clue as to why he does things but he MUST have some good reason for it. It's just that we are not privy to that reason.

When they say the second answer I respond by giving the following example. Say I am a father and have a 10 yr old son. The son wants a dog for his birthday. So I buy him a puppy and say that it is his responsibility to feed it. He agrees. After awhile the son ignores the puppy and isn't feeding it. The puppy is starving. I have the power to feed the puppy. All I have to do it put food in its bowl. But I don't because feeding the puppy is my son's responsibility. So I watch the puppy starve to death. Now what do you think of me? Would you think I was a heartless monster? Or would you say it was not my fault the puppy starved since it was my son's duty to feed it?
They usually don't have an answer for that one.

Christianity is vapid, full of nonsense, garbage and empty promises with NOTHING objectively logical and sensible backing it

Just look at the nonsense rejoinder our resident mumu gave out as an answer. The resident mumu is trying to day that it is humans that are responsible for the evil. Supposing his child offends another person and the person comes to his house with a gun to kill his child and he has the ability to stop the person, will he allow the person to kill his son on the ground that his son did evil by offending the person or will he stop the person ?

When you ask them such questions they usually begin to cry because any answers they give will show that they are better that this imaginary God that they are always trying to defend or speak on its behalf. Only an imaginary God will allow our resident mumu to ever make any case for it or tell people how it's suppose to act.

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by hopefulLandlord: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
dalaman:

Just look at the nonsense rejoinder our resident mumu gave out as an answer. The resident mumu is trying to day that it is humans that are responsible for the evil. Supposing his child offends another person and the person comes to his house with a gun to kill his child and he has the ability to stop the person, will he allow the person to kill his son on the ground that his son did evil by offending the person or will he stop the person ?

When you ask them such questions they usually begin to cry because any answers they give will show that they are better that this imaginary God that they are always trying to defend or speak on its behalf. Only an imaginary God will allow our resident mumu to ever make any case for it or tell people how it's suppose to act.

the logic is even stupid, asking if the OP is clean, like the OP ever claimed to be the 4 omnis like they claim their imaginary friend is

True but they need to do that because *cough* eternal fire *cough* *cough*

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by dalaman: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

the logic is even stupid, asking if the OP is clean, like the OP ever claimed to be the 4 omnis like they claim their imaginary friend is

True but they need to do that because *cough* eternal fire *cough* *cough*

Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by stonemasonn: 2:05am On Jul 13, 2017
snoopylinus:
why does God, allow suffering?if God is all powerful,loving,wise,and just,why is the world so full of hatred and injustice?have you ever wondered about this things yourself?why,though has God allowed suffering to go on for so long? do we blame God for all the suffering in the world?who causes this suffering?
maybe suffering is part of life and must not be interfered with by forces beyond the earth.
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by hopefulLandlord: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2017
stonemasonn:
maybe suffering is part of life and must not be interfered with by forces beyond the earth.

could you be more clearer sir?
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by alex81(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2017
snoopylinus:

...My people are perished for lack of knowledge.

who caused dz suffering?

Disobedience. it was mans first disobedience to God @ eden that brought abt untold hardship & suffering on earth. And many more are still disobeying up till today...that's y d world is full of suffering,injustice and hatred.

way out?

All that we needed to excel in life has already been given by God(via the cross). We just have to exercise that authority & walk in this reality, carefully observing every principle as laid out in d bible.
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2017
Pls drop me ur contact snoopylinus
Re: Why Does God Allow Suffering?why Does He Not Prevent Bad Things From Happening? by Ken4Christ: 12:09am On Aug 31, 2017
snoopylinus:

If you give birth to a son and he chose to gamble with his life and found by the law guilty, will you ask the Law not to judge your son even if you are the President of the nation?

God did not allow suffering. Man invited suffering when he willfully disobeyed God. This gave the devil the advantage over man and became the god of this present world system. God will be unjust to stop Satan from exercising his legal right to rule.

The only way God could come into the scene is to send the last Adam, Jesus to pay the price for the sin the first Adam committed. And he has done that. Anyone who accepts Jesus as his personal Lord and Saviour is free from the dominion of Satan.

This doesn't mean he will not experience challenges anymore but it does mean he has the opportunity to live a life that will gradually progress from poverty to wealth, sickness to health, bondage to liberty.

God has done all he needs to do for mankind to bring you out of suffering. Now, the ball is in your court.

Oyedepo Reveals How God Saved Him From Plane Crash / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 28/10/17 / The Truth About Sex