Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria (921 Views)

Great Benefits Of Registering Your Business With Corporate Affairs / Registering A Trademark In Nigeria. / FREE MONEY FROM Tbc(earn More Than 100$ For Registering) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 11:33am On Jul 13, 2017
This topic has been an ambiguous issue for many who want to do company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission. I will just go straight to the point:

Business Names are cheaper to register. This is because of lesser documentation that is needed during registration, and no stamp duties charge as well.
Generally, with a budget of N20,000 or less, you can get this done without sweat.

Limited Companies are costlier because of more documentation, need for professional services and stamp duty charge that will be paid to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) during registration. You will require the services of a professional here to file in as your company secretary (a requirement of Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 as amended), or you might get stuck during the registration.
This will usually cost you around N70,000 for private company (LTD). I do not recommend PLC for startups.

Incorporated Trustees. This category includes NGOs, churches and religious organizations, every non-profit business. Now this involves newspaper publications along with other requirements. You need about N150,000 to get one registered.

You may check here: https://www.nairaland.com/3369172/tips-getting-business-name-approved for tips on how to get your business name approved.

As an Accredited customer of CAC, I answer questions and provide assistance if you have issues with registration, for free.
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
Now concerning the duration of the registration process, this can now be done in less than 1 week for both business names and limited companies.
Non-profit organizations will take more because they require 2 weeks notice to be published on newspapers. Total duration should take about a month.
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2017
Here is useful information concerning how to get a name reservation without stress
https://www.nairaland.com/3369172/tips-getting-business-name-approved
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by desertroad: 8:47am On Jul 18, 2017
Hello. I have issues with name search. They kept denying my requests. Its a business name.
Can you assist?
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 8:40am On Jul 20, 2017
CAC generally enforce strict rules in reserving names for a business name when similar names already exist. You are more likely to get denials than if you want to do a limited company.
My advice:
Go to PUBLIC SEARCH on the CAC website and search for the name. If you see other companies registered with similar name then yours must be different from theirs by two words. Or better still, think of another name altogether.
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2017
Need more info? Call or WhatsApp .
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
FYI. If you need to contact me directly, call, text or use the telegram messaging app only

(1) (Reply)

Kwese Tv, The New Cable Tv. Pvr, Hd. Must Have For Entrepreneur / Don't Joke With It. It's Real. / Investment Your Time And Never Regret. Make Free Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.