Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Parents Forcing Children - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Parents Forcing Children (6082 Views)

On Forcing Muslims Not To Fast In The North Region Of China: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Forcing Children by Skappy10(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Salamun alaykum waramatullahi wabarakutuhu

Please my mother wants to take me to some alfa's place and I said I am not going that it is not right but she is threatening that if I didn't follow her, she won't pay my school fees

Since I don't have believe in all these Alfa stuff can I follow her? Please help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Forcing Children by Mofpearl: 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

I am not sure what to tell you.

Why does she want you to follow her to the Alfa? What is the Alfa going to do?
Try talking to her about. What are the chances of her actually not paying your fees because of it?
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Skappy10(m): 9:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Mofpearl:
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

I am not sure what to tell you.

Why does she want you to follow her to the Alfa? What is the Alfa going to do?
Try talking to her about. What are the chances of her actually not paying your fees because of it?

She is tryin 2 make some things for me so that all these cultist won't have eyes � on someone, I let her understand that it is shirk and it cant even work but she insisted, she even took me to grandpa and ma to speak sense into me(u know all these ahlulbid'ah, their words are always the same ) they were now saying God help those who help themselves but I was saying in my mind ''not in this type of matter ''

She even went to the extent of saying if I can't do it I will not go to school

She even said she will send me out of the house if I don't follow her but I know that's a lie

In reference to the holy qur'an, Surah Nahl verse 106 says

''106. Man kafara biAllahi min baAAdi eemanihi illa man okriha waqalbuhu mutmainnun bialeemani walakin man sharaha bialkufri sadran faAAalayhim ghadabun mina Allahi walahum AAathabun AAatheemun ''

''106. Any one who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters Unbelief,- except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty. ''

But am afraid of shirk, any scholar in the house to enlighten me ob this matter

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Forcing Children by 0b100100111: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2017
You can only take a horse to the stream, you can't force it to drink water.
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Raintaker(m): 9:09am On Jul 14, 2017
Is your definition of shirk different from mine?
Mine is finding partners with Allah SWT.
Do the Alfas find partners with Allah or call on anything other than Allah?
Follow your mum to the alfa, and if you notice any element of shirk, don't use anything you are given there.
My opinion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Forcing Children by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2017
Many of them use fetish means to divine. Some claim they use quranic verses. To avoid problems just go. Then pray for forgiveness when all is said and done.
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Lukgaf(m): 9:28am On Jul 14, 2017
Don't follow her.... Tell her the implications politely. if she insists, Allah will provide for u where u didn't expect
Re: Parents Forcing Children by transient123(m): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2017
Confused on the advice I can give because, find it hard these stuffs still happen, anyway, all the best.

Talk to your Rabb for guidance and talk to your mum that you do not need to visit any Alfa for protection, Alfa can't even protect himself and family except Allah.

When you understand Islam, endeavour to always make family members understand too to avoid issues like this, they are your first point of call.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Forcing Children by ivolt: 9:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Your don't want your mother to fortify you undecided
Re: Parents Forcing Children by koolib(m): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2017
Asalaam alaykum. Please don't cave in to the pressure as Shirk is a grave sin before Allah. Don't be rude to your Mum because she believes that is the best approach. Make her reason with you and make her understand that you also want the best for yourself. You will also need to be fervent in dua. Allah will ease it In Sha Allah.
Re: Parents Forcing Children by dragnet: 9:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Skappy10:

She is tryin 2 make some things for me so that all these cultist won't have eyes � on someone, I let her understand that it is shirk and it cant even work but she insisted, she even took me to grandpa and ma to speak sense into me(u know all these ahlulbid'ah, their words are always the same ) they were now saying God help those who help themselves but I was saying in my mind ''not in this type of matter ''

She even went to the extent of saying if I can't do it I will not go to school

She even said she will send me out of the house if I don't follow her but I know that's a lie

In reference to the holy qur'an, Surah Nahl verse 106 says

''106. Man kafara biAllahi min baAAdi eemanihi illa man okriha waqalbuhu mutmainnun bialeemani walakin man sharaha bialkufri sadran faAAalayhim ghadabun mina Allahi walahum AAathabun AAatheemun ''

''106. Any one who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters Unbelief,- except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty. ''

But am afraid of shirk, any scholar in the house to enlighten me ob this matter
hope you're not trying to use the verse you quoted as an excuse? because it isn't for you.
Just be firm and tell her you won't follow her then face whatever consequences that follow, Allaah wouldn't abandon you, it may be a test before better ease.
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Wonberi(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2017
Skappy10:
Salamun alaykum waramatullahi wabarakutuhu

Please my mother wants to take me to some alfa's place and I said I am not going that it is not right but she is threatening that if I didn't follow her, she won't pay my school fees

Since I don't have believe in all these Alfa stuff can I follow her? Please help
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Sagay212: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Wollup young girl. She is taking you to an Alfa and if i am not making a mistake, an Alfa is an Islamic scholar and you are a Muslim. What else would the Alfa do to you if not prayers. Just follow her and when you get there, open your eyes and observe whatever the Alfa is gonna do. Anything beyond normal prayers, you don't accept. It's simple as ABC.
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2017
If u like,dont follow her...they are trying to protect you. We Africans have a way of protecting ourselves & that is what i guess your mom wants to do by taking you to the ALFA.. "Heaven helps those who help themselves" Hell yeah. Allah created herbs and roots for the use of man to heal and protect himself.. Dont let any Arab religion come and tell you otherwise. You go just die like chicken when the wahala wey ur mama forsee start.

This is the problem i have with kids of nowadays (like me),we always think we know religion (and God) more than the people that have been living before us and even introduced us to it.
You only know what you have been taught..anr what you have been taught may be wrong.
Listen to people who know more than you.. You dont know more than them.

Im sure you are one of those who think all your ancestors who were traditionalist before the advent of Islam went to hell

A Word is enough for d wise

2 Likes

Re: Parents Forcing Children by iPopAlomo(m): 11:07am On Jul 14, 2017
Lukgaf:
Don't follow her.... Tell her the implications politely. if she insists, Allah will provide for u where u didn't expect

I'm a Muslim and this statement is absolutely untrue... you should seek forgiveness... Allah won't provide for him where he didn't expect as he is taking a gamble and if I'm right... you aren't a liberal Muslim...

Salaam Alaekum bruv...
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Laid2001: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2017
WaliLahi l hamdu.

1. have you confirmed that the so called Alfa will employ shirk!
2. If yes, and you are already an adult, don't go with her but please, never ever disrespect your mother!!
3. If you are still a minor, go with her but don't partake in the act you consider as shirk.!
4. if you are not able to resist and she still forces you to partake in the shirk, the blame is on her not you!!.
5. if you know how to read Quran, be upfront and ask for special dua from the Quran for protection from the Alfa. this will be a middle ground and let him pray for you even if you do not trust his recitations. Then you can be reciting what you like for your mum to see and to believe that you have listen to her.

1 Like

Re: Parents Forcing Children by Alennsar(f): 11:51am On Jul 14, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:
If u like,dont follow her...they are trying to protect you. We Africans have a way of protecting ourselves & that is what i guess your mom wants to do by taking you to the ALFA.. "Heaven helps those who help themselves" Hell yeah. Allah created herbs and roots for the use of man to heal and protect himself.. Dont let any Arab religion come and tell you otherwise. You go just die like chicken when the wahala wey ur mama forsee start.

This is the problem i have with kids of nowadays (like me),we always think we know religion (and God) more than the people that have been living before us and even introduced us to it.
You only know what you have been taught..anr what you have been taught may be wrong.
Listen to people who know more than you.. You dont know more than them.

Im sure you are one of those who think all your ancestors who were traditionalist before the advent of Islam went to hell

A Word is enough for d wise

stupid words. mtcheew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Forcing Children by Hibrahym: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2017
From experience, she will neither STOP ur sch fees nor send u out, WOMEN generally are not that capable.

And even if she did, it won't be long b4 she starts looking for u!

1. Don't follow her there, u can't obey in Sin and Transgression, let alone Kufr/Shirk.

2. Try explaining to her, pray and hope she understands, because most pple don't know the basics of this Deen, till they meet their Lord!

Try to be gentle, but don't be STUPID, and don't fall for any "I will curse you with.." trick.
If u have those that understands correctly, especially an adult, u can let them explain to ur Ma.

NO EXCUSE FOR SHIRK/KUFR, EXCEPT:

- FORGETFULNESS
- MISTAKE
- COMPULSION @ THE POINT OF DEATH
Re: Parents Forcing Children by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
Alennsar:

stupid words. mtcheew
Ok. I hear you.. The ALL-KNOWING extremist
Re: Parents Forcing Children by abisolaarshow(f): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Maybe your mom has seen something she cannot tell you. Just go with her, and watch properly all that is being done there, if you still think it is wrong, then take your leave.
My uncle once gave me some inscriptions written on a board to lick and said its for protection. I didn't take it.

1 Like

Re: Parents Forcing Children by Lukgaf(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
iPopAlomo:

I'm a Muslim and this statement is absolutely untrue... you should seek forgiveness... Allah won't provide for him where he didn't expect as he is taking a gamble and if I'm right... you aren't a liberal Muslim...

Salaam Alaekum bruv...

walekum Salam waramotulah Sir.. i hope u got my post

(1) (Reply)

Prayer When It Rains And Some Benefits Of Rain In Sunnah / Something You Need To Know About Your Deen Islam. By Muhammad Abubakar Iyajo / How Can She Teach Her Five-year-old Sister To Memorize Qur’aan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.