Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

A Pope After My Heart - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Pope After My Heart (307 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Was Peter A Pope? / Simplified Processes Taken Before One Is Made A Pope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Pope After My Heart by Antoeni(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2017
VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis said on Saturday it pained him to see priests driving flashy cars, and told them to pick something more "humble".

As part of his drive to make the Catholic Church more austere and focus on the poor, Francis told young and trainee priests and nuns from around the world that having the latest smartphone or fashion accessory was not the route to happiness.

"It hurts me when I see a priest or a nun with the latest model car, you can't do this," he said.

"A car is necessary to do a lot of work, but please, choose a more humble one. If you like the fancy one, just think about how many children are dying of hunger in the world," he said.

Since succeeding Pope Benedict, the former cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina has eschewed some of the more ostentatious trappings of his office and has chosen to live in a Vatican guest house rather than the opulent papal apartments. The ANSA news agency said the pope's car of choice for moving around the walled Vatican City was a compact Ford Focus.

It amazes me why some people would want to have everything including the ones they don't need, while others close to them are hungry, in need and dying. What do you need the whole world for? Anything you have and don't make use of for three months, you don't need it, give it out. You are not in competition with anybody in this world, so don't just accumulate to impress. All is vanity.

The president of Uruguay donates 90% of his salary to charity. And he is a very contented person. God has placed it in our hand to be of help to others, no matter how little. Irrespective of how you perceive yourself, there are people you are better than, offer a hand of fellowship to them.

One of the best ways to leave a very happy, peaceful, fulfilled and contented life is to put smiles on the faces of others. That is the best way to give to God. Serve others with what He has blessed you with.

And we all can do it. Yes You Can!

Shalom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Pope After My Heart by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2017
True words

(1) (Reply)

The Clost Matters / Photos: Apostle Suleman Places Elderly Woman On N50k Lifetime Salary / Trump Picks Sam Brownback As Religious Freedom Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.