Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! (2915 Views)

Mikel Obi Foundation Emerges Miss Charity Ambassador 2015/ 2016 / How and Where to Apply Perfume to Make It Last Longer / Foundation-which Is Better On Oily Skin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by epstitch(f): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2010
First off, let me start by saying - THE WEATHER IS TOO HOT RIGHT NOW TO WEAR A LOTTA MAKEUP!! Wear minimal foundation and/or powder if you have to.
Yes, that said, id like to tell y'all how best to keep your makeup lasting longer.

Foundation Primer! That's all you need.  Primer, is a kind of lotion that is used to hold oil in, allows for easy application of foundation and it helps foundation stay on longer.  My favorite foundation primer is the "Mary Kay OIL MATIFIER. "
Because, the primer reduces how much sweat you produce, you are less likely to have makeup smearing all over your face.

Don't forget to stick to a very good cleansing/exfoliating routine to take off makeup from the depths of the skin surface and prevent unwanted acne, pimples, rashes and spots.

www.mymakeupmag.tk

Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by shilling(f): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2010
Yep, primer is key!!!
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by madlady(f): 6:08am On Feb 04, 2010
I hate foundation,it feels like a mask sad. but I will remember that tip if I ever put that thing on again.

Thank you.
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by shilling(f): 7:33am On Feb 04, 2010
madlady:

I hate foundation,it feels like a mask sad. but I will remember that tip if I ever put that thing on again.

Thank you.

Depends on the kind of foundation you use, and prob your foundation brush and how you blend it in.

epstitch's right, foundation primer is really important. I'm using Rimmel fix and perfect, it's awesome, my foundation lasts the whole day.

Perfect primer + perfect foundation also results in your eyeshadow staying put the whole day lol.
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by Tatase(f): 1:49am On Feb 05, 2010
I'm not really a fan of primer. Maybe it's the type I've used in the past (Smashbox Photo Finish Primer) but between the foundation and the primer, it felt like I was wearing a mask like my skin couldn't breathe. However, I guess I didn't get as shiny as usual and I suppose for a special occasion, I could manage the discomfort, but I couldn't do it everyday.
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by shilling(f): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2010
A primer should really light and ought to practically disappear into your skin, Rimmel does that.
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by whiteroses(f): 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
mac primer is a must av
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 06, 2010
I miss my foundation. I can't wear it togeda with concealer and I do need my concealer now . . . Jeez thank God for make up wink cheesy
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by shilling(f): 9:21am On Feb 07, 2010
Ujujoan:

I miss my foundation. I can't wear it togeda with concealer and I do need my concealer now . . . Jeez thank God for make up wink cheesy

Yeeeeeah wink
Re: How To Make Your Foundation Last Longer! by gianni(f): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
oooh,i seeeee!!!!now i know what that lady smeared on my face while prepping me for a friend's wedding!asked her what it was but she didn't tell, thanks ladies!!!

(1) (Reply)

Join Us Oriflame Cosmetics For The Independent People / Female Leg Chain: What's Your View? / Latest Braided Hairstyles 2019: Best Beautiful Braids Ideas For Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.