Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Advise On Notice To Quit - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advise On Notice To Quit (495 Views)

I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / My House Sold Without A Quit Notice To The Tenants / I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise On Notice To Quit by tolulinks(m): 7:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hello nairalanders
There is an issue that I need clarity upon. I am a yearly tenant I'm lagos and every year my rent expires in August. Now my landlord issued a notice to quit in May 2017 and ordered that by November I should be gone. I understand that notice to quit for yearly payers is 6 months but is it six months AFTER the expiration of rent or the notice can be given even when your rent is RUNNING and factored on? Because by my calculation he's only giving me 3 months. The reason why I am asking is that November is not likely to work for me because I want to relocate and do a program in ibadan that starts February 2018 which if the notice to quit is after the expiration of rent which is August 2017 will be perfect for me. Guys pls advise.
Re: Advise On Notice To Quit by tolulinks(m): 10:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
Make una help me. Edakun Make una help me. Edakun
Re: Advise On Notice To Quit by MrMcJay(m): 12:37am On Jul 15, 2017
A quit notice can be issued during the pendency of your tenancy. Hence, you can be issued a Quit Notice the same day you rent a property. However, for yearly tenancies as yours, the notice can be given for a period not less than 6 months.

Hence, the Quit notice issued to you is very valid.
Re: Advise On Notice To Quit by tolulinks(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Bros this is serious. I have talked to another agent who insists it should be after the expiration of rent. He says if it's within my tenancy them the landlord should prorate and return back three months rent since part of the quit notice eats into my rent. I'm so confused right now

(1) (Reply)

Docherich Original And Lovely Stone Coated Roofing Sheet / TO LET: Newly Built 1 & 2 Bedroom In Lekki Phase 1 / Move In @40% Deposit To Newly Built 4-bedroom Terrace Duplex @montgomery Terrace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.