Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:46 PM

Advise Needed For An Office Challenge - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advise Needed For An Office Challenge (415 Views)

How I Slept With 17 White Women During An Office Assignment Abroad - Man Recount / Legal Advise Needed Please / Banker's Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise Needed For An Office Challenge by MYDEBBY(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Dear Nairalanders,since I joined this organization I have been working with women as the boss,and it has not been easy,the worse is that anytime I offer a good advise to them,they see me as over sabi person,so I usually refrain.Also my academic qualification and years of work experience is greater than theirs even the present feminine boss,such that they tend to see me as a threat even though because of their age as my elders they and their connections,they made them my boss.The most annoying issue now is whenever this my boss wants to travel instead of her to hand over to me as the next in command she will call a very low cadre staff to take care of her office for her,and most times instead of her to call me,she will call this other person,I kept mute but decides to focus on my duties anyway though feel pained inside. Please what do I do? I have tried to convince the head office to relocate me to another branch with a male boss,using proximity to my family as an excuse but they are not seeing reasons,please I need your mature advise,thanks and Godbless
Re: Advise Needed For An Office Challenge by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 15, 2017
Typical bad belleism that happens in a work place. It's not only peculiar to women just to be clear. Your boss's behavior is to be expected, although petty and foolish. Anyone at the top would naturally feel threatened by a younger staff who seems brighter and more knowledgeable than them. They always want to feel superior and like they know it all. What I'd advise you to do is to keep your brigh ideas to yourself, although they would probably contribute to the sucess of the company. It doesn't mean you should discard them, keep taking notes of these ideas. They'd definitely be useful to you in the future if you eventually leave that firm or start up your own business.
Re: Advise Needed For An Office Challenge by MYDEBBY(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2017
Thank you very much,and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Nine Die At Linc Oil & Gas Tank Farm Calabar / EMMANUEL Adebayo:family Contributed To Madrid Spell Ending / Amists Controversies, FG Restores CRK, IRK As Separate Subjects In School Curric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.