Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,281 members, 7,957,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos (860 Views)

Rival Lovers Fight Over 16-year-old Salesgirl In Delta, Three Injured / Shoprite Sales Girl Arrested For Allegedly Stealing N553 Million / Shoprite Salesgirl Arrested For Stealing N553.9million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by Godson222: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2017
The Police force have arrested a sales girl with Shoprite stores, Eti-Osa, Lagos Mariam Mufutau and has been arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court for allegedly stealing the sum of N553, 956, 000 she realized from sales just one month after she secured employment.

The management of Shoprite Stores had reported a case of theft to the Divisional Police Officer, DPO in charge of Ilasan Division, Lekki, Eti-Osa, SP Oyinye Onwuamaegbu and that they suspected their sales girl to have stolen their N535, 956, 000 she realized from sales just one month after she was employed.

Following the report, Onwuamaegbu ordered Inspector Orukotan Lonikola to arrest the accused. During investigation, the accused could not give account of the missing money.

Mufutau was arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court, Lagos on a two count charge of felony to wit. stealing.

Police prosecutor, Esther Adesulu informed the court in charge No: J/38/2017 that the accused committed the alleged offence between 1 April and 31 May, 2017 at Shoprite Stores, Eti-Osa during working hours.

Adesulu told the court that the accused betrayed the trust reposed in her as a sales girl by her employer and stole the sum of N535, 956,000 she realized from sales instead of remitting the money into her employer’s account.

She said the management at Shoprite Stores uncovered the fraud when they audited the account.

Adesulu said the offence the accused committed were punishable under section 411 and 287 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

The accused pleaded not guilty to the alleged crime and Magistrate O.O Owunmi granted her to bail in the sum of N300, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

Owunmi adjourned the case till 28 July, 2017 for mention while the defendant was taken to Kirikiri Prison pending when she would be able to fulfill her bail condition.

eyereport, information NIGERIA

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/shoprite-salesgirl-in-court-for-stealing-n553-9m/
Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by Godson222: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2017
Godson222:
The Police force have arrested a sales girl with Shoprite stores, Eti-Osa, Lagos Mariam Mufutau and has been arraigned before a Lagos Magistrate Court for allegedly stealing the sum of N553, 956, 000 she realized from sales just one month after she secured employment.

The management of Shoprite Stores had reported a case of theft to the Divisional Police Officer, DPO in charge of Ilasan Division, Lekki, Eti-Osa, SP Oyinye Onwuamaegbu and that they suspected their sales girl to have stolen their N535, 956, 000 she realized from sales just one month after she was employed.

Following the report, Onwuamaegbu ordered Inspector Orukotan Lonikola to arrest the accused. During investigation, the accused could not give account of the missing money.

Mufutau was arraigned before an Igbosere Magistrate Court, Lagos on a two count charge of felony to wit. stealing.

Police prosecutor, Esther Adesulu informed the court in charge No: J/38/2017 that the accused committed the alleged offence between 1 April and 31 May, 2017 at Shoprite Stores, Eti-Osa during working hours.

Adesulu told the court that the accused betrayed the trust reposed in her as a sales girl by her employer and stole the sum of N535, 956,000 she realized from sales instead of remitting the money into her employer’s account.

She said the management at Shoprite Stores uncovered the fraud when they audited the account.

Adesulu said the offence the accused committed were punishable under section 411 and 287 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

The accused pleaded not guilty to the alleged crime and Magistrate O.O Owunmi granted her to bail in the sum of N300, 000 with two sureties in like sum.

Owunmi adjourned the case till 28 July, 2017 for mention while the defendant was taken to Kirikiri Prison pending when she would be able to fulfill her bail condition.

eyereport, information NIGERIA

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/shoprite-salesgirl-in-court-for-stealing-n553-9m/

Lalasticlala
Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by LionDeLeo: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2017
N535, 956,000, abeg this is more than half a billion, how did she steal this amount?

Or is something wrong with this report?

And she was granted bail in the sum of 300k, slightly more than half a million.

Now tell me, what message is our judicial system sending across?

Agreed, she is innocent until proven otherwise but the the said amount is just too huge for bail to be granted. This is how some criminals will just misbehave when entrusted with huge resources and start getting lawyers for defence, why shouldn't assassination be on the increase?

But, the girl strong sha oh! Where did she even keep over N0.5b?

Fear don catch me sef.

Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Jul 15, 2017
What company did she steal from exactly? Chevron or Shell?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2017
Ordinary sales girl... I don't believe dis.. it could be a set up.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by babywhite(f): 9:52am On Jul 15, 2017
that's over half a million
Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by satelliteDISH(m): 9:56am On Jul 15, 2017
Abeg make una no vex. I wan ask �question. If u know anything about health make u advice me.
I am an addict.

I am addicted to eating Bread. In the morning I will eat bread, afternoon bread and beans, evening bread again.
If I am sleeping I will be thinking of where to go an buy bread the next day. Even my landlord wife don ask me one day say whether I dey bake bread for inside my room say ybcos I don litter the dustbin with bread sachets and remnants.

Wetin be the health implications in my life? Thank you.
Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by ExpensiveG: 9:58am On Jul 15, 2017
E get as dis story be oooo shockedshocked

N535, 956,000 ~ shooo for wer she keep dey MONEY

she no even steal N1,000,000. Dat money too much ... undecided
Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by ExpensiveG: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2017
satelliteDISH:
Abeg make una no vex. I wan ask �question. If u know anything about health make u advice me.
I am an addict.

I am addicted to eating Bread. In the morning I will eat bread, afternoon bread and beans, evening bread again.
If I am sleeping I will be thinking of where to go an buy bread the next day. Even my landlord wife don ask me one day say whether I dey bake bread for inside my room say ybcos I don litter the dustbin with bread sachets and remnants.

Wetin be the health implications in my life? Thank you.

Na wooo.... how e be crime to chop BREAD

But wait ooo *Are you fat

bcuz I know say BREAD dey make person fat quick quick....

Re: Shoprite Salesgirl In Court For Allegedly Stealing N553.9 Million In Lagos by chynie: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
liars how did such amount enter her hand,
even the judges know is a lie that's y she was granted 300k bail
employers like accusing ppl upandan

(1) (Reply)

Four Women Charged After They Killed The Man Who Helped Change Their Flat Tyre / Video: Young Igbo Girl Tina Nwaigwe Smokes Weeds, Benson Switch And Weeds / Nigeria Yahoo Boys Are In Hot Soup - See the reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.