Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? (1594 Views)

Xbox One Online Gaming / Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming / Best 4g Provider For Online Gaming Ps4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? by source10able: 10:59am On Jul 15, 2017
Nabi2000:
I think it would be cool and I'm guessing u want to make a website or app that can do these things but the thing is most Nigerian gamers don't stream or share gameplay videos and also gaming is still seen as a thing for kids in Nigeria. But anyway if ur trying to do an app or website like that I think it'll be great and I'd definitely use it smiley

Wow. I totally agree with you guys comment. You guys show a lot of insight. Video game streaming/broadcasting is a big thing right now in North and South America, Europe and most especially in Asia. I mean, those guys are turning it into big business. Big Esports business. They even hold big events in locations where gamers compete for prize money. Most esports teams earn prize money of up to $6M. They get sponsorships from big brands like htc, Monster Energy, Corsair gaming, Audio-Technica and I can continue...

When I saw the stats on esports and video game broadcasting, my head somersaulted. It's a growing niche that is fast turning into a huge industry and most Nigerians don't know yet. All we seem to care about is blogging since Linda Ikeji made it.

Now in our generation, we can sit in front of our gaming PCs or consoles with our webcam and earn money from doing what we like to do provided we have a large audience watch our gameplay from online. I did some research and right now I'm most likely going to get a PlayStation 3 or 4 and a smile router to get into the trend. But I decided to go a different route. Mainly looking to organise esports events. It's what I've already started doing in India but something keeps telling me that 9ja is a ripe niche to start from. And I always follow my instinct.

Nabi2000, you are right. I created not a website (because I believe websites will faze out in a decade) but a Facebook page where you can stream and interact with other gamers. (Search FB for @SmashcasterTV). I have a plan for how team players can really make a fortune from the network of social media channels.

I'm organising an event on August 2 in India and it's happening purely online and I could have done the same in 9ja but the Nigerian factor comes into play. Slow internet and poor electricity. But I'm reconsidering my stance hence the topic.

If anyone is interested in working with me or maybe even finding out more about this huge trend in video game broadcasting and esports, join my FB group: Gaming Cinema. I will tell you and show you everything you need to know.

In case you don't really understand what I've been talking about, visit my facebook page @Smashcaster, but most importantly do this if you're a hardcore gamer. Visit twitch.tv (Google almost bought the company for $1B but they were dulling till amazon.com came and snatched it from right under their nose in 2014 and bought it for $970M and a Nigerian - an Ibo was part of the team that worked in twitch - he made upwards of $100M from the deal)

So yes online gaming and esports is really big.

I'm looking for guys to work with to begin to make something trendy in online gaming in Nigeria. I've got everything all mapped out so it's just a matter of 4 or 10 ambitious gamers coming together to make big things happen for the love of the game.
Re: Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? by dnawah(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2017
source10able:

Wow. I totally agree with you guys comment. You guys show a lot of insight. Video game streaming/broadcasting is a big thing right now in North and South America, Europe and most especially in Asia. I mean, those guys are turning it into big business. Big Esports business. They even hold big events in locations where gamers compete for prize money. Most esports teams earn prize money of up to $6M. They get sponsorships from big brands like htc, Monster Energy, Corsair gaming, Audio-Technica and I can continue...

When I saw the stats on esports and video game broadcasting, my head somersaulted. It's a growing niche that is fast turning into a huge industry and most Nigerians don't know yet. All we seem to care about is blogging since Linda Ikeji made it.

Now in our generation, we can sit in front of our gaming PCs or consoles with our webcam and earn money from doing what we like to do provided we have a large audience watch our gameplay from online. I did some research and right now I'm most likely going to get a PlayStation 3 or 4 and a smile router to get into the trend. But I decided to go a different route. Mainly looking to organise esports events. It's what I've already started doing in India but something keeps telling me that 9ja is a ripe niche to start from. And I always follow my instinct.

Nabi2000, you are right. I created not a website (because I believe websites will faze out in a decade) but a Facebook page where you can stream and interact with other gamers. (Search FB for @SmashcasterTV). I have a plan for how team players can really make a fortune from the network of social media channels.

I'm organising an event on August 2 in India and it's happening purely online and I could have done the same in 9ja but the Nigerian factor comes into play. Slow internet and poor electricity. But I'm reconsidering my stance hence the topic.

If anyone is interested in working with me or maybe even finding out more about this huge trend in video game broadcasting and esports, join my FB group: Gaming Cinema. I will tell you and show you everything you need to know.

In case you don't really understand what I've been talking about, visit my facebook page @Smashcaster, but most importantly do this if you're a hardcore gamer. Visit twitch.tv (Google almost bought the company for $1B but they were dulling till amazon.com came and snatched it from right under their nose in 2014 and bought it for $970M and a Nigerian - an Ibo was part of the team that worked in twitch - he made upwards of $100M from the deal)

So yes online gaming and esports is really big.

I'm looking for guys to work with to begin to make something trendy in online gaming in Nigeria. I've got everything all mapped out so it's just a matter of 4 or 10 ambitious gamers coming together to make big things happen for the love of the game.
is that so!
Re: Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? by cao(f): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
So source10able, instead of answering the question on that thread, you decided to quote it and make 2 new threads?
Re: Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? by source10able: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
cao:
So source10able, instead of answering the question on that thread, you decided to quote it and make 2 new threads?
Yes. Some threads could be more responsive than others.
Re: Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? by cao(f): 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
source10able:

Yes. Some threads could be more responsive than others.
I call BS. You could have simply replied to the guy there. Your more responsive argument is flawed, since this is actually a duplicate thread.
Re: Can I Make Big Money From Online Gaming? by KronicMorris(m): 11:44am On Aug 06, 2017
Lol!.... what are surprise, I'm also into gaming and exports that's why I created my own Game Videos portal here the link.

https://www.facebook.com/Obsidianstreamer/

(1) (Reply)

League Of Legends / I Want To Buy A Ps3 Used-akwa Ibom State / Buy All-in-one Desktop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.