Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving (1544 Views)

Honda Civic 2004 Automatic To Manual Conversion / Honda Civic 2004 or 05 Manual Transmission Needed Serious Buyer / Help Me Choose Between Toyota Corolla 2004(9ja Used) Or Honda Civic 2004 (toks) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by emeritus00(m): 6:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
I did a tune up of my Honda Civic 2004 manual transmission engine yesterday. Changed the oil, oil filter and plugs. I cleaned as well throttle body and IACV. Wanted to clean the injectors as well but it was very difficult to remove which I later discovered that its not meant to.
When I started the engine, the engine was idling around 2500-3000. I used the throttle screw to reduce it and it was idling around 1200 and sometime shoot up to arond 1600. I bled the cooling system by opening the radiator cap while engine was runing with bubbles coming out for several minutes.
The problem now is my temperature guage is stuck to cold, not rising at all, idling is fluctuating and now driving rough, sometime rev up itself on driving.
I now have check engine light which I tried to clear by removing the battery negative terminal and ECU fuse but didnt go off.

Note: I was made to clean throttle body and IACV because engine sometime stall at a stop usually when clause is fully depressed and brake pressed.
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by uboma(m): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
run a scan and look up the codes on the internet.
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by mayor2013: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
Run a scan on the powertain. Post scan result here.multi autolab is still running a free diagnosis on cars
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:16am On Jul 16, 2017
in all your DIYing you disconnected the coolant temperature sensor. Connect it back and every thing will return to. Normal. Be careful with injectors so you do not set your vehicle ablaze. You have still not properly fixed your throttle body, it will not function well without a temp reading.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by emeritus00(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
in all your DIYing you disconnected the coolant temperature sensor. Connect it back and every thing will return to. Normal. Be careful with injectors so you do not set your vehicle ablaze. You have still not properly fixed your throttle body, it will not function well without a temp reading.
Yes I disconnected it but later plug it back. I will recheck. And you said I have not properly fixed throttle body. What and what should I check to ensure it is properly fixed?
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by emeritus00(m): 8:00am On Jul 16, 2017
mayor2013:
Run a scan on the powertain. Post scan result here.multi autolab is still running a free diagnosis on cars
ok thanks
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by emeritus00(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Everything now working fine. It was that coolant temperature sensor CTS that damaged. Discovered that the upper part of the sensor shaking, checked it and discovered that the wire is cut. Got it replaced and everything came to life. Temperature working perfect and check light disappeared.
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
emeritus00:
Everything now working fine. It was that coolant temperature sensor CTS that damaged. Discovered that the upper part of the sensor shaking, checked it and discovered that the wire is cut. Got it replaced and everything came to life. Temperature working perfect and check light disappeared.

Congrats, and thank you for the feedback
Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this guy is just too much!!! thank God u haven't opened up a WhatsApp group and start charging 20k annually, what would people like us do?

thank you so so so so much.

1 Like

Re: Honda Civic 2004 Idle Surge And Rough Driving by emeritus00(m): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Congrats, and thank you for the feedback
Thank you sir

(1) (Reply)

Pros & Cons Of Bmw / Enquiry On Mercedes Benz C190 1999 / 11 Interesting Facts About Windscreens You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.