Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? (2654 Views)

How To Run Targeted Facebook Ads With Autland Sofware / Who Can Verify My U.S Adsense + Tax ID / I Am Selling My U.s Phone Verified Paypal Business Accnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 1:48am On Jul 16, 2017
Hello guys, need your detailed and informative response please... Facebook wants to cut my head oooo. embarassed

Ok, i have been running ads promotion on my naija fb account through my fb pages for a while now and because i have learnt how to do proper targeting, i was really getting good results on these campaigns. At least running promotions for 2 days gets me around 20k impressions and 1k+ link clicks and the charges where usually around N900 - N1200 for such results. And i was happy.

But about a week ago i decided to promote some CPA offers and so needed to advertise to U.S targeted audience, na there the wahala start ooo, so first of all, i opened a fb business account to make sure i followed proper guideline, i setup the landing page to the offer, then i set up the campaign to run while using the 'link click' optimization. That is fb will optimize my ads to get more link clicks. Omo na so facebook come start their own ooo, after two days i had only gotten just 70 impression, as in just 70 ooo after 2 good days angry. As if that 1 was not bad enough, i got only 1 link click, as in 1 click from that campaign. Na so facebook hammer me N780 for the click alone, that was more than $2 per click abi. As a sharp guy i quickly end the campaign and moved on.

So i got thinking why this was so, and decided maybe it was because i optimized for link clicks. The next day i was ready to setup another campaign. So i choose my target audience very well, and this time i decided to run a 'Post Engagement' campaign which i percieved will be more cheaper. But i was just deceiving myself. After 2 days the thing manage to get only about 82 impression and just 1 like, as in 1 like ooo, no be click sef. na so facebook hammer me another N880 in costs! Han ha naa... even the witches in my village no go do me this kine tin naa. So that was how i ended that campaign and have now set out to discover why this was so before i return to the butcher's house. After all i have seen many tutorials online who run promotion and get charged only $0.09 - $0.5 per click when targeting U.S. why my own come different?

Ok guys abeg help a brother, as i need help in sorting this isue out before them bankrupt me. Why do you think this kind of charges occured, has any of you experienced this kind of stuff in the past? And how did you find your way around it?

Was it because i was targeting U.S from a Nigerian fb account? Or was it because i ported to the business fb account? Because i ran all my nigerian promotions on my pages before i registed the business account. Or do you guys think i should open a facebook U.S account before i will be given a fair price? Whats the best way to open a foreign account without getting blocked. Many questions and angles guys, abeg tell me how to sort this thing out because i have limited funds to run this promotion, and mark zurkaberg already has enough, e no go good to dash am more naa.

Thanks guys for the guides... anticipating grin
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:11am On Jul 16, 2017
I'm more interested in the CPA campaign. Been asking for a coach for a long time now.

1 Like

Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by gidimasters(m): 12:04pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lol... Target Usa, UK, Canada at your own risk....
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
Guys still need reply ooo

As for the CPA, applying to be issue, the issue here is to find a cheap way to drive conveting traffic that suits their requirements
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by bedfordng(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
that is because they have too many competitors running ads in that country. they are usually expensive . you can't see an internet marketer from USA that is spending 1 dollar per day on ads. they use high bid or lifetime budget for their ads.

you must be willing to spend more than that if you want result from USA .

1 Like

Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by leatfabiano3681(m): 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
Bammm...
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by leatfabiano3681(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
You nailed it...
bedfordng:
that is because they have too many competitors running ads in that country. they are usually expensive . you can't see an internet marketer from USA that is spending 1 dollar per day on ads. they use high bid or lifetime budget for their ads.

Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
bedfordng:

Thanks for the reply

Now this is serious. So even if i opened a U.S facebook account, the ads cost wont still come down?

So whats the best strategy of advertising to a U.S target audience.
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ideas?
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
Any Gurus here?
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by twosquare(m): 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
zeedolla:

Thanks for the reply

Now this is serious. So even if i opened a U.S facebook account, the ads cost wont still come down?

So whats the best strategy of advertising to a U.S target audience.
Use another ad company apart from Facebook. Facebook is not the only one out there.
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by Interesting15: 8:31am On Jul 18, 2017
zeedolla:
Any Gurus here?

Hello. Drop your email or whatsapp number. I want to discuss something very important with you (not on this topic of this thread)
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2017
Interesting15:

Hello. Drop your email or whatsapp number. I want to discuss something very important with you (not on this topic of this thread)

On what topic if i may ask?
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by zeedolla(m): 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by chris6flash: 7:15am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello zeedolla, There are so many alternatives you can use. .. As for me I don't need an ad network or Facebook to target Americans.. I have some twitter accounts which I grow that target my favourite countries such as USA,Canada and UK.

Hit me up on WhatsApp let's discuss on how you can target any country of your choice for free using Twitter ( without buying ad ) : 08062994846
Re: Why Are My U.S Targeted Facebook Ads Campaign Extremely Expensive??? by ssolaoye: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
How To Advertise Your Business On Facebook In Nigeria [Beginners Guide].

https://invoice.ng/blog/how-to-advertise-on-facebook/

(1) (Reply)

General PHP / Database Using Php & Mysql & Xml Q & A Section / Who Knw Nairaland Simple Machine Forum Themes And Mod / How Google Adsense Approved Me With Just 8 Blog Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.