Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,376 members, 7,839,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 17/7/17 The Good God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 17/7/17 The Good God (296 Views)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 29/9/17 The King's Horse / Cac Living Water Daily Devotional 3/7/17 The All Sufficient Grace / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 29/7/17 The Mean Nabal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 17/7/17 The Good God by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 17, 2017
Monday, July 17, 2017
THE GOOD GOD
Read Psalm 73:1-28
MEMORISE
Truly God is good to Israel, to such as are pure in heart. (Psalm 73:1)

Somebody aptly asked: “Why should it be Christians that face life's most terrible and challenging situations?” The questionnaire probed further: “Since God knows His people's needs, why does He supposedly allow them to toil and toil (unlike non-Christians) before they finally breakthrough in life?” Without bothering and boring you with the above thought-provoking questions, the best answer is echoed in line 1 of our memory verse.
Situations at homes, workplaces, and generally, in the society, seem to always query the goodness of God in the lives of Christian believers (Rom. 8:22-23). The devil, the mastermind of all evils, consciously decorate and magnify these situations to narrow down our mind-sets in order to bring about distrust, lack of confidence and ingratitude in us, to God! The writer of the song we are considering today made a catechism of various challenges he was facing. No doubt, reading through his writing, one needs no prophet to actually understand his wretchedness and depression, when he wrote! (Psa. 73:14ff).
Despite these, he courageously pointed out that God remained good to His people, even in their troubles (Psa. 34:19). It is high time you concentrated on trusting, hoping and drawing in and to God. Stop concentrating on the seeming prosperities of those that do not fear Him; those who cheat; those who steal public funds to “make it.” Rather, see the goodness of God in and around you always.
Like the author of the Psalm, in line 28, what you need do is to draw near to God, put your absolute trust in Him alone and you will surely declare His works in the land of the living. It shall be well with you. Amen.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Oh Lord, in all circumstances, may I be empowered to forever believe that You remain good to me.
2. Oh Lord, I wait patiently for the manifestations of Your goodness in my life, home, business, ministry, etc. all days; You won't disappoint me.
3. Lord, manifest Your greatness in the camps of the enemies of Your gospel in this nation, regardless of their boastings and backings.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Exodus 19-22

(1) (Reply)

A Muslim And A Christian - Daily Life / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 25/7/17 Delayed For The Best / Ultimate Sacrifice By Pst. David Olusegun [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.