Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy (4449 Views)

Chronicles Of Tracy / Book Summary - The Psychology Of Selling By Brian Tracy / Book Summary - 21 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws Of Money By Brian Tracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by BookVendor(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2017
Book author: Brain Tracy
Book Title: Becoming a sales superstar.

This is my book summary of the becoming a sales superstar writing and authored by Brian Tracy. He explained that a sales superstar is a highly disciplined critical thinker who has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Becoming a member of this elite club is not about raw talent but about the choices you make as a salesperson.

In today’s competitive sales world there is no one size fits all recipe to turn a mediocre sales rep into a sales superstar. What you CAN do is improve your skills. As you know, the process of selling is nothing more than a series of negotiations that take place between you and your prospect/customer. Excelling in the following 5 areas will put you in a better position to successfully negotiate and ultimately close the deal.

Learning.
If there is one trait successful people across the board share is their passion for learning. As a sales superstar you know that if you want to keep on succeeding you need to take every opportunity you have to sharpen your skills.
Learning about your customers and prospects can also yield great success. Compare the results of a sales person who barely knows her prospects name to those of a rep that has taken time to learn what the biggest challenges the prospect is facing. The former will struggle with asking the right questions while the latter will understand the prospect’s pain points and present a more valuable solution.

The Ability to Ask Questions
Ask 100 people on the street what they think about salespeople and most of them will probably say: “salespeople talk too much”. Talking too much will bore your prospect because he already has opinions over things and he will obviously believe his thoughts over yours. This is where questions come in handy.

Ask questions to try and learn the prospect’s opinion and uncover any biases he might have about the product/ service you are selling. Questions will allow you to uncover opportunities and avoid the “hard sell”.
Learn how to ask the right questions and ultimately the prospect/customer will reach his own conclusions.
The key here is to be a customer centric advisor as opposed to a product centric salesperson.

Listening
What is the benefit of asking the right questions if you are not an active listener? When you focus on what your prospect is saying and the way he is answering your questions, you gain insight on what is going on inside his world and how he views your product/solution.
As a sales rep who takes the time to actively listen and understand a customer you will build rapport and earn his trust.

Problem Solving and Resourcefulness
Following a set script and formula will NOT make you a sales superstar. Be resourceful and go above and beyond by using every resource & asset at your disposal to close a deal. Embrace social selling tools such as LinkedIn, content creation and Twitter. To learn more take a look at our articles on how LinkedIn and content creation benefit sales people.

The most successful sales professionals don’t have a set standardized sales pitch. Instead they alter and adapt their pitches and proposals in according to their prospect, industry, demographic, etc. Being a problem solver means you always have your customer’s best interest at heart. Some customers will go as far as testing your problem solving skills before they close- just to make sure you are truly looking after their best interests instead of just trying to make a quick buck.

3 Likes

Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by Divepen1(m): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2017
Really good.
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by Cerebrae(m): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2017
K
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by pepemendy(m): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2017
I don't know what to type...ftc 4 the 1st I'm so flabbergasted
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by don4real18(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2017
Sales/ Marketing in Nigeria is different...

2 Likes

Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by shekauvsbuhari: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2017
"writing" and authored by..... @OP, it should be "written". Watch your tenses.
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by BTT(m): 6:47am On Jul 19, 2017
Very well designed.

However, salespeople are always constrained by the straight-jacketed products/services ALREADY designed by the executives.

Usually, asking questions is to know which of these already designed products/services one can force down the throats of the would-be customers.
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by Bsmartt(m): 6:56am On Jul 19, 2017
This is helpful @OP. Thanks
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by Juanthenairague: 6:59am On Jul 19, 2017
Using social media as a tool to sell your information or brand is another lovely message I got from your summary, demand creation is another key.
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by merits(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2017
but why?people are not too much comments today or are they on strike?seun you better check your forum member list whether they are pulling out to another forum,this is a wakeup call.

ooooohhhhhh! I forget may be the hang over of your birthday party is still worrying them.tired mode.

for me I still dey kampe,after drinking up to 200litres of ogogoro(local gin)for your birthday party,so far you can't afford to buy us beer.
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by bigeliot(m): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2017
Sales wey i do fr 1yr nd ended up oweing money wey i no chop. Thunder fire sales

1 Like

Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by Rhemmymatician(m): 7:40am On Jul 19, 2017
pepemendy:
I don't know what to type...ftc 4 the 1st I'm so flabbergasted

Eeya. Pele
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by Slai1: 8:03am On Jul 19, 2017
Nice, thanks op.

Blacks have so deserted this thread, if it where Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu, Saraki, Akpabio, Cabal, Namdi Kanu, etc, they would have flooded the page with comments that won't put food on their table.

2 Likes

Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by truehero(m): 8:41am On Jul 19, 2017
Op. Thanks so much for the insight especially the part that says about talking too much on the product. On the part of duty, I almost ruined my negotiations with a customer trying hard to satisfy the customer meanwhile unknowingly exposing my loopholes as a fresh and nervous recruit grin. I have resort into mild discussion with a potential customer there by building a mutual trust between us which is working well.

Please. How do I make my product better preferred in the market over other predominant products without commercial advert, knowing well that my product is better in quality? (Products such as bottle water, fruit juice, beverage) etc.
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by internetpo(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2017
Nice. I Love books.
And Brian' Tracy's in particular
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by ejimoney(m): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2017
in niger it is always diff ball game altogther
Re: Book Summary - Becoming A Sales Superstar By Brian Tracy by MrTeymee(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2017

(1) (Reply)

For The Sins Of My Parents (very Short Story) / The Kings of Kentworth / Name Your Favourite Sci-fi And Fantasy Writers!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.