Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,219 members, 7,953,807 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. (17342 Views)

10 Interesting Things You Didn’t Know About Lamborghini / 10 Interesting Images In The History Of Automobiles / 17 Interesting Facts About Bulletproof Cars That Most People Might Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by otimothy(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2017
chikids:

They have wonderful interiors, it drives me crazy especially Accord 2010

Solid, you know ride.

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by Davidlehre: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2017
It's very rare to see a Honda SUV without bent rear tyres.

Very annoying sad
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by Coolgent(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2017
RichDad1:
Nice exterior and interior designs

Poor electrical and mechanical durability.

Better shock absorbers compare to toyota crappy shocks.

You enter bad roads; wahala
You enter water ; double wahala cry
I have been driving Honda for 10yrs without any aforementioned problems.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by kumari089(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dottore:
Amongst Japanese Autobrands,
Toyota remains all round best.
In global ratings Toyota still comes among top 5.

I ask Honda freaks these simple question each time this argument comes up.
How many Honda products do you see on the road being used by Transport companies? How many Odyssey as opposed to Sienna, Camry as opposed to Camry or Honda Bus as opposed to Hiace or Coaster.

How many Honda products of the 80s and 90s do you still see on the road?

The answer is simple. They have poor reliability and durability ratio.
No transport company wants to lose all their earnings paying for maintenance of their fleet

You can still see the 90s, 80s and even 70s of Volvo, Mercedes, Peugeot and remarkably taskfully performing Toyota Corollas, Celicas, Cressida and Crowns of yesteryears.

You nailed it especially your recognition of Volvo. That's what I tell people

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by ebunoluwawa: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2017
Dekmankind:
Honda or not, they all need the best security. Call on 08092601833 for your best selling car tracker when you buy your car.
I love cars when they are tracked - they give you 'PEACE OF MIND'

Bros where are you situated?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by Bobbyjay001(m): 4:47pm On Jul 21, 2017
It afeects CRV even more than other brands. I bought a CRV a couple of years ago,but the front wheel disengagement nearly killed me. I spent nothing less than 250k maintaining it within 12months. I later sold it and i never looked back.

rozayx5:

Though it had been fixed in later models

Does it affect crvs too

Cause I wanna get one

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by Mbediogu(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2017
AutoJoshNG:
We all know Honda as the world’s largest Japanese motorcycle manufacturer, Here are a few more facts you should Know about Honda.

Honda is the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer since 1959.

The company builds over 14 million internal combustion engines every year making it it’s largest manufacturer in the world.

Did you know the founder of Honda, Soichiro Honda was turned down when he applied for an Engineering job in Toyota.

Honda became the second-largest Japanese automobile manufacturer in 2001.

“The power of dreams” is the official slogan of the Honda brand.

The Honda Prelude is the first production car to have the four–wheel steering.

Honda makes private jet aircrafts, the HA420 Hondajet, which is powered by their own engines..

Honda has its own airport in Japan, near its main plant. It’s called Honda airport!.

Honda is one of the largest exporter of soybeans from USA because they don’t want to return empty containers to Japan.

It was the first Japanese car manufacturer to launch the dedicated luxury brand in 1986- named Acura.

Hope you enjoyed these Honda facts, more coming on Autojosh.

Don’t forget to like and share.

https://autojosh.com/12-fact-about-honda-you-should-know/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Honda would have been good but for the wheel behavior.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by abitafah(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
[quote author=400billionman post=58680919]

When toyota can swim.

Submerge toyota engine in flood water. it will still be running..

Nothing beats a toyota..[/quote its only those who have never used a Honda before that complains about it. I used a Honda accord for 7 years and sold it to get a 2010 accord. I enter any water in this Lagos and nothing happens. Even when other Toyota products are already dead in the same water
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
most of the peeps promoting Honda are either Mechanics or technicians or kazeems or worse still lay men!

now what's in it for these folks? more people buy Toyota less business for them. think about it! their line of thought isn't awkward or demeaning as I earlier thought!

ok lemme give u some flimsy excuses u get from these folks wen u ask y we patronize Toyota more in Nigeria! it's bland, it's boring,..... lame excuses, some even go as far as trying to deceive themselves by saying Toyota is cheaper! can u imagine such nonsense? then some say they make engines and bla bla bla, if they like let them build tower of Babel if they cannot produce durable suspension parts or outsource to better sources then they haven't arrived!

someone here made a whole lot of sense but as usual, wise words to a biased or naive person is just water in a basket! hiace instead of Honda something....dunno. sienna instead of Odyssey, what of Hilux instead of Ridgeline? the techs arguing are only protecting investments. u think the people using these products commercially are dumb? no my friend. U ARE!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by adanny01(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
11. in 1975 they swore an oath to never adopt Toyota front axle suspension style and up till date have been unable to come up with a similar or better replica. maybe the founder should have begged to be trained by Toyota @ d end of the day!

lolz, not me saying oh, op didn't complete his write-up, this is the conclusion

Fortunately or unfortunately, Honda suspensions are by far smoother than Toyota.

Do you know that Honda suspensions are basically the same year in year out in all models while the Toyota uses the same kind of suspension only in SUVs nd trucks leaving the low end models with the very simple type of suspension set up. Toyota has sacrificed comfort for economy.

You need to to ask your self why all Honda have upper arms but only SUVs and trucks have them in Toyota.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2017
adanny01:

Fortunately or unfortunately, Honda suspensions are by far smoother than Toyota.

Do you know that Honda suspensions are basically the same year in year out in all models while the Toyota uses the same kind of suspension only in SUVs nd trucks leaving the low end models with the very simple type of suspension set up. Toyota has sacrificed comfort for economy.

You need to to ask your self why all Honda have upper arms but only SUVs and trucks have them in Toyota.

no I didn't know, now I know.
but for u to say Honda suspension are by far smoother, that's not true at all.

we all know the truth, I'm sure u do, u ain't no newbie to automobiles.

so I'm not gonna push my opinion further cos of the reason in my former post!
enjoy
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by adanny01(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

no I didn't know, now I know.
but for u to say Honda suspension are by far smoother, that's not true at all.

we all know the truth, I'm sure u do, u ain't no newbie to automobiles.

so I'm not gonna push my opinion further cos of the reason in my former post!
enjoy

If you dont know, ask and i will tell you. Hondas have better ride quality and greater stability at high speed than Toyota. The ride quality is because honda has more bushings and dampers than their Toyota mates have.

First pic 2003 honda accord, basically all accords from 2003. Only sway bar missing in older hondas. Bushing count 7

2nd pic toyota camry bushing count 4

3rd pic toyota Fj cruiser bushing count 6

4th pic toyota Lexus GS bushing count 6

Can you see the similarity of the Honda and high end toyotas. The differences you see here is why the ride quality on camrys and corollas so poor.

Apart from the bushings the double wishbone suspension movement defers especially from the single one on camrys and corollas. This increases stability especially during cornering by maintaining camber. Meanwhile the single wishbone set up has fixed camber but camber changes during driving (imagin how bad that is).

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Honda You Should Know. by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2017
yes sir, now I know that Honda hired more virtual artists and computer aided designers at the cost of less technical and testing staff. if not y would such a mental and virtual creation not fare well in reality?

my man, leave mata for mathais..... ideality and reality r two different worlds, hope u remember?
they wanted to make the best but failed woefully, having stability on the road and having durable parts are world apart.

when u decide to come clean and say the truth as is then we can have a healthy discussion.
ps reliability and durability are different words meaning different things and should not be implied interchangeably

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FORGET THE BRAKE. YOU’LL DRIVE ELECTRIC CARS WITH ONE PEDAL / These Are The Dirtiest And The Most Germ-riddled Parts Of Your Car-By Motorpoint / 10 Most Annoying Things People Do While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.