Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

What Is Writers Block And Effective Ways To Overcome It - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is Writers Block And Effective Ways To Overcome It (358 Views)

How Often Do You Get "Writer's Block" And How Do You Overcome Them? / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 148/overcome The Fear Of Succ / What Do You Do To Skip The Problem Of 'writers' Block'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Writers Block And Effective Ways To Overcome It by Rebelance(f): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2017
EFFECTIVE WAYS TO OVERCOME WRITER'S BLOCK[center][/center]
So you started writing, you had this wonderful, inspiring, romantic tale in your head and decided to put it down on paper. then along the line, your imaginary friends decided to go on vacation without you, huh?
What a shame!

Your wonderful tale has reached a dark tunnel, you are sapped out, no inspiration, no motivation, You want to write but you seem not to have any idea of what to write. so you dump that one hoping someday your friends would return and complete your story, but you feel terrible. You really want to complete that book and get on with it and the thought of an unfinished story haunts you though, just wait until your pals find out. yet you still want to write but every time you pick that book, you forget alphabets, words, everything. What is happening to you, you have no idea... you had this thing all thought out from beginning but now, you don't recall anything. You have hit rock-bottom, no ideas, empty head...you just hit the BLOCK, yeah, WRITER'S BLOCK. What the hell! The truth is writer's block is not just a problem, it is a stage in writing. 99% of writers go through this, some repeatedly. It is like a bridge you have got to cross to go to the other side and can really be frustrating and depressing. I personally do have lots of work on my table, not that I do not want to write them, I do...I just can not figure out what to write anymore and that is pretty annoying.
However, there has never been a writer who did not overcome WRITER'S BLOCK, whoever did not, is not a writer.

What causes WRITER'S BLOCK, you may ask, there are causes but it definitely differs from person to person, but here are some of the causes.
PROCRASTINATION: I am definitely a high ranking officer here, I procrastinate virtually everything including food and meanwhile I have had this post for four days now an d I am just posting it. putting off writing for another time kills writing and brews WRITER'S BLOCK.
Once an idea gets into your head write it down, as a writer you should always be with your notepad. do not wait until you get home or to the office, just write it. There is no better time or place to write. So you either put it down now or lose it forever!
PERFECTIONISM: Writing does not ha continue reading http://www.empressing.com.ng/2017/03/effective-ways-to-overcome-writers-block.html

(1) (Reply)

Nature / Not For That Reason / NOVEL: CAMELS, A Story Of Love And Pain.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.