Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Halting Music/video Production Abroad : A Misplaced Priority - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Halting Music/video Production Abroad : A Misplaced Priority (280 Views)

Music Video Production Tips / Video Production / Free Music Video Production For Musicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Halting Music/video Production Abroad : A Misplaced Priority by HonestyDoesPay: 11:44am On Jul 17, 2017
There has been speculations going around on social media about the proposed halt on music and music video production by Nigerian filmmakers/artistes/practitioners outside the shores of our borders and this somewhat bizarre move in my opinion is both ignorant and lacks proper thinking.

So it's OK to fly abroad for medical checkup.

So it's OK to send your kids abroad to acquire a degree they could easily get here.

So it's OK to import food and beverage for your immediate family from overseas.

So it's OK to let international business men come here and boss over your citizens.

So it's OK to bring in the "professionals" from overseas to help us build roads and engineering projects.

So it's OK to fly your spouses abroad for expensive vacations.

So it's OK to go under the radar and buy Porsches and Lamborghinis while you so neglect our "thriving and prospective " automobile industry.

And it is NOT OK to let our entertainers breathe?

Instead of thinking of inventive ways to reduce our National debt ratio, infant mortality, high cost of living, crime rate, improve our health care sector, make mortgage and insurance policies that'll better the lives of common Nigerians, halting an industry you wittingly stayed mute from its inception to its maturity is all that you care about? Seriously?

You turn a blind eye to the constant and escalating thievery and extortion by our policemen/women in broad daylight and chose to Chase shadows.

The hypocrisy when we carefully analysis certain things about our dear country is really appalling.

The entertainment industry in Nigeria is and will continue to constitute a major portion of our Annual Global Revenue even if they fail to not acknowledge this fact.

A while back, stiff ban was placed on certain products from passing through our very porous borders and while a lot of people acknowledged this move as timely, others were of the opinion that this was in the worst term - A CAREFULLY THOUGHTLESS DECISION BY OUR LAWMAKERS resident at the echelon of power. You made no provision yet you annihilate the source. Funny!

The recent craze of music and music video production by
Nigerians is only a product of a rather dwindling/moribund Entertainment sector which has managed to stay above water without government intervention.

Production outfits here in Nigeria cannot meet the standard of world class music/ video production.

If I decide to shoot my music video abroad it's only because I'm of the opinion that I can get the best over there because I KNOW mediocre thrives here at home.

Besides all expenses cumulated comes from my pockets and I see no reasons why someone somewhere should dictate how I chose to run my legitimate hustle.

First invest and reinvent and revitalize our Music/Entertainment Industry then we can talk about how you can stop giving our music/ video rights to "strangers ".

Written by Honestydoespay
Writer at blog
Honestydoespay@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Great Mistake Of A Musician / MUSIC: Download I_blink_betrayal_and_trust / Advanced Linear Tri-p-let Fill @ Musicalcrib.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.