Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 18/7/17 Despise Not A Small Start - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 18/7/17 Despise Not A Small Start (268 Views)

Despise Not The Days Of Little Beginning. Bishop Oyedapo And His Family / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 27/7/17 Don't Be Despair / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 19/7/17 Danger Of Overconfidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 18/7/17 Despise Not A Small Start by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Tuesday, July18, 2017

*Topic:* DESPISE NOT A SMALL START
*Read:* Zechariah 4:1-10

*MEMORISE:* _For who has despised the day of small things? For these seven rejoice to see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel. They are the eyes of the Lord, which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth._ *(Zechariah 4:10)*

*EXPOSITION*
A teacher of God's Word once said that, things that would later become the cynosures of worldwide view; start very small, insignificantly and sometimes unattractive! One of the greatest revivalists of the 19th century, conducted a gospel crusade on divine instruction, only to be attended by one small boy for complete seven days! What a disappointment and discouragement! But that little boy became Billy Graham, a top flight God's general. The day one give his life to Christ is a day of great harvest of soul for God's kingdom, because he/she would later bring others to Christ *(Daniel 12:3)*.

Are you an evangelist, a teacher, pastor or non-titled Christian? Don't look down on your small and seemingly inconsequential take-off. God is not displeased in small beginnings. Do you know that writing small tracts, decorating the house of God, and other *'silent'* ministries in the church, can become great instruments of transforming lives, unto the glory of God.

It is not only limited to spiritual walk; this also concerns our secular jobs/careers. Somebody opens a new shop in an area. For good three weeks, no single patronage! This should not call for any unnecessary concern or panicking. If such an enterprise is God-given, it is a matter of time, customers will troop in soon, to exhaust your stock!

What matters at the inception of any enterprise is that you don't quit, even when situations, challenges and people's body languages suggest so. Your tenacity and consistency in that area will definitely speak loudly, and be rewarded very soon. Just keep on keeping on! Don't be afraid little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom *(Luke 12:32)?

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, help me to overcome the fear of taking the right risks in You and my business/career, so that I can become truly fulfilled in life.
*2.* Lord, I trust You to turn my small beginning to greatness, in every aspect of my life, in Jesus' name.
*3.* Lord, rid every believer of the impatience in waiting for the prosperity that comes from You, that makes some to venture into ungodliness.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Exodus 23-26

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Lets Examine Jesus' Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.