Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) (732 Views)

Employee Rants On Twitter About Low Pay, Gets Exposed And Fired By Boss / Nigerian Man Turns Down A 200k Job, Because He Loves His Job Of 50k / Pls What Should Pick Between Industrial Chemistry And Computer Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by saydfact(m): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2017
So I was just told, after being on my new job 2 weeks,
that my hair was unacceptable and inappropriate.
When I asked what's inappropriate about it and I was
told that "whatever it is you have in your hair isn't
natural". How should I handle this situation? I love my
job, but I don't deal lightly with what I feel was just
racial profiling. This is how my hair is styled right now,
what's you guys opinion?

What length should an employee go with style, especially when that is against normal trend of the society? Can you employ a male whose hair is styled as shown in the pics below or any thing near it?

Share your thought.

culled: [url]palmchatnow.com[/url]

Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by LifeIsGuhd(f): 9:47am On Jul 18, 2017
I was about to type an epistle then i saw "New Orleans"

Thank God I saw that.
Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by saydfact(m): 9:56am On Jul 18, 2017
LifeIsGuhd:
I was about to type an epistle then i saw "New Orleans"

Thank God I saw that.

but if it were Nigeria nko?
Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by HeOrShe: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2017
I even searched for d "New Orleans" and I saw it.

We are Nigerians and we don't different opinions on such case.
Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by Precial419: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2017
Has he nt being wrking wit d hair b4. y shld it b a probs nw
Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by Teewhy2: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
To me in Nigeria or not, if you are working in a cooperate environment, I expect him to put on a clean cut and dress cooperate, which will make him look responsible. You are mostly address by your appearance, that is why garri sold at shoprite is more expensive than the one in the open market. That is what is called packaging or branding.
Assuming he is in Nigeria he won't be asking that kind of question after the economy don do am strong thing for Labour market.
Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by saydfact(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
Precial419:
Has he nt being wrking wit d hair b4. y shld it b a probs nw

in that society it shdnt even be a prob to them - there is a story he's not telling us.
Re: Man Rants On Facebook; Asked To Pick Between His Hairstyle And His Job (photo) by meobizy(f): 10:40am On Dec 06, 2019
The hair is beautiful. That’s all I’ll say.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of 5 Nigerian Women From Same Family Who Are All Medical Practitioners / Youth Empowerment Program 2018 - Learn Website Design For N10,000 Only / Massive Recruitment At FUTO 2019 | Apply Now Before Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.