Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,588 members, 7,850,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. (463 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Proverbs, Psalms Not Written By Christians, Not Good For Doctrine / Theodicy And The Creation Of EVIL / Major Mistake Made By Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Martinez19(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Everyone atheist would have noticed that no matter what happens in this world, christians would always cook up explanations to vindicated yahweh. Even the bible is well forged to withstand and counter any truth that attacks the credibility of yahweh. The tools used by christians to depend yahweh and their beliefs are :

1) METAPHORS AND ALLEGORIES : o yes, when certain claims in the bible are obviously false, the sheeples use metaphors and allegories to make it make sense. As it turns out almost every part of the bible needs metaphors and allegories to make sense.

2) THE WILL OF YAWEH AND YEWEH'S PLAN: the will and plan of yahweh is so mysterious and irrational that atheists and theists alike don't know and can't mentally grasp it. These two things together with God's mysterious nature are used to give explanations for why the same fate befalls everyone regardless of their beliefs.
Example,
An atheist dies young, the sheeples say he left himself vulnerable to the devil's attack by not believing in God.
An atheist lives long, the sheeples say that God is sparing his life for repentance.
An atheist is poor, the sheeples say that it is so because he does not believe in God.
An atheist is rich, they say that he did blood money, his hands are not clean and he is a Bull fattened to be slaughtered. undecided I could continue on and on.

3) THE WAYS OF THE SPIRIT, YAHWEH AND SPIRIT WORLD: these are mysterious and irrational, atheist and theist don't understand this shit but it will remain mysterious forever. The mystery and irrationality of the ways of yahweh, the spirit and spirit world are used to defend why certain things happened in the bible,why yahweh choose to be petty instead of direct etc.

4) YAHWEH KNOWS BEST : whatever happens, good or bad, yahweh knows best and there is one reason (which atheist and theist know nothing of) why it happened.

5) FAITH, PATIENCE, TEST AND TRIALS : though, this is a one of the integral doctrines of the bible, but it is a tool of theodicy in the sense that the jewish bastards who wrote the bible knew that prayers are useless and the same fate shall befall all despite yours beliefs, forge these to make sense of prayer and buy time when waiting for answered prayers. They also used to vindicate suffering in believers' lives.

You can add to the list,
KingEbukasBlog, hopefulLandlord, HardMirror, Johnydon22, bennyann, otemanuduno and co

To be continued.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Martinez19(m): 10:56am On Jul 18, 2017
CASE: my prayers were not answered.
CHRISTIAN THEODICY : It is not the will of god, you didn't follow some spiritual principles, there is a sin in your life, you did not pray enough, it's not yet time, God doesn't answer that kind of prayer cheesy, God has a better plan(who send him message grin)

CAES: an atheist is poor and a christian is poor.
CHRISTIAN THEODICY : the atheist refused to serve god that is why his life is like this. The christian's faith is being tested and he is in a trial. He will wait for god's time. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Martinez19(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2017
..... continued

6) VAGUENESS AND IMPRECISION : ever heard the following "god will do it at his own time and how he will do it, I don't know."? Or " there is a woman here(say her name nah), God said I should tell you that he is going to bless you.", " one day, the Lord will answer" etc. The wise ones would know where I am heading.

7) GOD CAN DO AS HE LIKES: Oga o. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Dalamama: 11:16am On Jul 18, 2017
Religion is jargoon that is why they can't even agree with each other on basic thingsabout their God and his commandments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by bennyann: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
I know you're doing all these to ridicule the christian faith but since you need me here, let me make known to you my state of mind.

We are all in this same world, all on a journey but with different potentials and destinies.

I am a Christian, one who wants to be like Christ and doesn't ever want to disappoint Him. That's me

I have decided by the special grace of God, nothing will separate me from the love of God, not tough times and not good times.

We all go through trying times, whether you're bad or good, you're a Christian or not. My own duty is never to leave God at any point in time. It is never to give up on God.

If the ones without God can go through tough times and come out of it, I am to go through it and not compromise my faith till I've come out of it and still continue in God throughout my life's journey.

And I am confident I will definitely move forward, I'm confident that joy comes in the morning but as a Christian, if it seems the morning won't come, I am then like a soldier, like Daniel, like Esther in the Bible, I will love my God to the very end and go by His word and if I perish, I perish but I wouldn't give up on Him. I think this is why I admire Job so much.

Christians are soldiers. Their God will come through for them but they should know the Christian race is not Bread and butter. Jesus never hid anything from us, He laid bare how our journey would look like. The main thing is for us not to give up on God no matter the situation. I've taken my cross to follow Jesus, I don't know about the others.

If I live, I live for God and if I die, I die for Him. That's my purpose, that's what I'm pursuing. I'm not pursuing myself. And Jesus hasn't given me a commandment that's against anyone so I'm ok with my choice.
Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by OtemAtum: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yahweh ti kanjogbon grin cheesy
Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Martinez19(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
bennyann:
I know you're doing all these to ridicule the christian faith but since you need me here, let me make known to you my state of mind.

We are all in this same world, all on a journey but with different potentials and destinies.

I am a Christian, one who wants to be like Christ and doesn't ever want to disappoint Him. That's me

I have decided by the special grace of God, nothing will separate me from the love of God, not tough times and not good times.

We all go through trying times, whether you're bad or good, you're a Christian or not. My own duty is never to leave God at any point in time. It is never to give up on God.

If the ones without God can go through tough times and come out of it, I am to go through it and not compromise my faith till I've come out of it and still continue in God throughout my life's journey.

And I am confident I will definitely move forward, I'm confident that joy comes in the morning but as a Christian, if it seems the morning won't come, I am then like a soldier, like Daniel, like Esther in the Bible, I will love my God to the very end and go by His word and if I perish, I perish but I wouldn't give up on Him. I think this is why I admire Job so much.

Christians are soldiers. Their God will come through for them but they should know the Christian race is not Bread and butter. Jesus never hid anything from us, He laid bare how our journey would look like. The main thing is for us not to give up on God no matter the situation. I've taken my cross to follow Jesus, I don't know about the others.

If I live, I live for God and if I die, I die for Him. That's my purpose, that's what I'm pursuing. I'm not pursuing myself. And Jesus hasn't given me a commandment that's against anyone so I'm ok with my choice.
SUMMARY : no matter the evidences or rational arguments that proves that Yahweh is a fabrication, I shall remain a follower and a mental slave to Yahweh.
Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Martinez19(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
OtemAtum:
Notice that christians avoided this thread. Not long from now, yahweh will be a thing of the past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by Martinez19(m): 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
OtemAtum:
Notice that christians avoided this thread. Not long from now, yahweh will be a thing of the past .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by OtemAtum: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
Martinez19:
Notice that christians avoided this thread. Not long from now, yahweh will be a thing of the past .

Abi o. I'm sure 90% of Christians who participate actively in the NL religion section arguments don't pray to yahweh anymore. They don't even see Yahweh as anything important.
Such is life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tools Of Theodicy As Used By Christians. by bennyann: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
Martinez19:
SUMMARY : no matter the evidences or rational arguments that proves that Yahweh is a fabrication, I shall remain a follower and a mental slave to Yahweh.

You can call me whatever but now you know me. Goodbye

(1) (Reply)

How Biblical Is Church Denominationalism? / Check out this church poster that got people talking / Pls In Christiandom, Is Marrying More Than One Wife A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.