Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Nigeria Hip Hop Musicians And Twitter Fights - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Hip Hop Musicians And Twitter Fights (281 Views)

Gunmen Pretend To Be Mariachi Musicians And Killed 5 People In Mexico City / Nose Hair Extensions Are Now Trending On Instagram And Twitter.. / The Ceos Of Google, Facebook, And Twitter Failed To Show Up On Fake Ads Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Hip Hop Musicians And Twitter Fights by Olusharp(m): 10:53am On Jul 18, 2017
Until recently, Twitter used to be a social site where you tweet and get reply from others, even our entertainers used it to show love to their many fans.
Twitter has a unique feature which is it use of #words (#Guruzland) that can trend very fast across the globe.
It is this feature that many of our artistes especially hip hop artiste used to get attention, they have taken it one step further by throwing jibes and abusive words at each other, which will immediately make them trend as their fans would rally round them to support against the opponent.
One thing I have come to notice is after each of the Twitter clash,one party or at times both parties would release a song that would quickly trend and people will forget about the fight they had.
Is this a new marketing strategy?
Do they intentionally create scenes on
Twitter just to get fans attention?
I believe it to be so, like in the case of Singer A and Singer B something like a back stage chat could have occur.
Take a look at this scenerio.
Conversation via Twitter Direct Message.
Singer A: Singer B, I gat a track to
release soon.
Singer B: Oh nice, I gat an album to
release soon too. Don't you think we
should try to get people's attention
before the release?
Singer A: Nice idea, *smiles * Singer B
eleniyan.
The next thing, Singer B tweet, "some people with frog voice cannot do this."
Before you know it Kasala have burst.
They should keep on playing us but the truth is we know.

http://guruzland..co.ke/2017/07/nigeria-hip-hop-musicians-and-twitter.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Fast And Genuine Vehicle Registration (drof't Autos) / Did God Specify Where To Pay The Tithe / Stop Buying Petrol Convert Ur Gen To Lpg Generator- 08166866515

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.