Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Profiles For The Unexpected: Practical Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Profiles For The Unexpected: Practical Christianity (266 Views)

Practical Christianity: Walking In The Spirit / Practical Christianity / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. 16/10/2017) Practical Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Profiles For The Unexpected: Practical Christianity by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
There's a popular Christian song that says, "read your Bible pray everyday If you want to grow". Simple as the song goes, it contains within it the framework for the unexpected.

Several Christians struggle with the above, while others read the Bible daily and pray everyday, but wonder why they don't seem to be growing. The song is not wrong, but every student needs a teacher. I will show you how to make that simple song that many now regard as a nursery rhyme work for you.

1. Read Your Bible: Within the Bible are contained promises, instruction, guides and wisdom nuggets. Read these promises, read the intructions, let them sink into your heart and become part of you. As Children we read out while reading and it helped us memorize even better, but as adults they tell us to keep quiet while reading, go back to your Childhood days if you must, read out these promises and let them be part of you. Let His word be hidden safely in your heart.

2. Pray everyday: While many pray, we are still in the first level of prayer. We pray for example, Lord provide me money, lord in need good health. While these type of prayers are not wrong the second level of prayer is "praying Gods word", this is where the reading of the scripture and meditating on it becomes helpful. Instead of praying an emotional prayer for Gods provision pray Gods word concerning provision, for example, instead of just confessing " money comes to me", confess that "the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want", Confess that " I shall be a lender to nations". Instead of praying lord I shall not die young, pray that "with long life shall He satisfy me and show me His salvation", " I shall eat the good of the land", "I shall live and not die".

Let's endevour to read the Bible and make intercessions daily, but most importantly let our intercessions be based on Gods infallible word.

A blessed week ahead.

NB: I shall be updating my Christian Thoughts here regularly.

(1) (Reply)

The Epic Quest / How To Secure And Sustain The Presence Of God / Stand With God And Not The Majority. Regardless...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.