Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nigeria Goal Keeper, Carl Ikeme-what You Should Know About The Acute Leukaemia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Goal Keeper, Carl Ikeme-what You Should Know About The Acute Leukaemia (614 Views)

Iceland Players Support Carl Ikeme (Photo) / Super Eagles Players Rock T-shirt With Carl Ikeme's Face On It To Show Him Suppo / Football Fans Show Support To Carl Ikeme In England. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Goal Keeper, Carl Ikeme-what You Should Know About The Acute Leukaemia by RxH8: 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
Nigerians and other fans of Super Eagles’ first choice goal keeper were shocked and saddened to receive the news of Carl Ikeme’s diagnosis of Acute Leukaemia this month. According to a statement released by his club, Wolverhampton, the 31 year old was found to have some abnormal blood tests during routine pre-season investigations. Sadly, further tests showed he had acute leukaemia, an unusual but serious type of blood cancer. What do you know about this health condition? How common is acute leukaemia? Can it be prevented? What treatment options are available? Let’s consider some frequently asked questions about leukaemia.

Source: http://www.healthx24.com/acute-leukaemia/
Re: Nigeria Goal Keeper, Carl Ikeme-what You Should Know About The Acute Leukaemia by RxH8: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
What is Leukaemia?

Leukaemia refers to the cancer of the blood cells. In this condition, blood cells reproduce abnormally, disrupting the important functions of the blood. It may affect red blood cells, white blood cells or platelets. All these cells play a critical role in our survival. Red cells nourish the tissues, white cells are the body’s defenders in fighting infection and platelets prevent bleeding by forming clots.
Re: Nigeria Goal Keeper, Carl Ikeme-what You Should Know About The Acute Leukaemia by RxH8: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Carl Ikeme’s diagnosis of acute leukaemia has understandably generated reactions from fans and well-wishers alike. According to the club, he will commence chemotherapy-the main form of treatment-immediately. Thomas an, ex-Footballer who won the battle against leukaemia offered these words:

It took me back to when I was diagnosed. I know exactly what he’s going through, it’s a painful period over the next few weeks getting all the information. I just wish him and his family well.

Hopefully, with adequate treatment and support from family members, friends and fans, Carl Ikeme would overcome this life threatening condition.

http://www.healthx24.com/acute-leukaemia/

Re: Nigeria Goal Keeper, Carl Ikeme-what You Should Know About The Acute Leukaemia by sbm060(m): 8:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
I just hate cancer may the Lord send down his healing upon him.

sbm 4 d girlz cool

sbm 4 d girlz

(1) (Reply)

Which Local Station Will Show Nig Vs Cam Match? / Today's Predictions 16/10/2017 / Anthony Joshua To Fight Carlos Takam October 28th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.