Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? (1043 Views)

The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? / Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) / Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by usman3688(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello nairalanders. I'm a bit at a crossroad as to which job I should pick.
I have an offer in my state polytechnic to work as a lecture but I'm considering the fact that most state jobs don't pay as much and as at when due and we all know the situation in most states now regarding owing of salaries. lecturing is one job I cherish a lot as it gives u time to engage in other things that could make you productive and it also gives u job security.
The other offer I have is from a private company and this offers me an opportunity to actually practice what I studied in the university and gain more practical experience. The company pays on time with some add-on at the end of the month, I have the chance of working with expatriates which would help boost my skill and experience but the bone of contention here is that the company employs on contract basis: it could take up to two years before you are confirmed as a permanent staff which means there is no job security.
Please advice me on which to go for as I'm confused on which to pick.
Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by taylor88(m): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2017
govt
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by usman3688(m): 10:20am On Jul 19, 2017
taylor88:
govt
thanks
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by Evergreen4(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2017
Go for govt. Pls can u link me up with the company. We can strike a deal if u can .
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by krissconnect(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2017
The income and comfortability are what you should consider.
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by usman3688(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2017
krissconnect:
The income and comfortability are what you should consider.
the income is almost the same but u know I'm just starting my life and I need a regular source of income for sometime which I am not sure the govt job guarantees but if comfortable for me. The private company pay on time but I don't have a guarantee that my job is safe with them so that's the confusion now.
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by Oluwainnie(f): 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Go for the govt, you could use its free time to engage in other productive things that would yield more income
usman3688:
Hello nairalanders. I'm a bit at a crossroad as to which job I should pick.
I have an offer in my state polytechnic to work as a lecture but I'm considering the fact that most state jobs don't pay as much and as at when due and we all know the situation in most states now regarding owing of salaries. lecturing is one job I cherish a lot as it gives u time to engage in other things that could make you productive and it also gives u job security.
The other offer I have is from a private company and this offers me an opportunity to actually practice what I studied in the university and gain more practical experience. The company pays on time with some add-on at the end of the month, I have the chance of working with expatriates which would help boost my skill and experience but the bone of contention here is that the company employs on contract basis: it could take up to two years before you are confirmed as a permanent staff which means there is no job security.
Please advice me on which to go for as I'm confused on which to pick.
Thanks and God Bless.
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by praxs(m): 2:17am On Jul 20, 2017
I have a similar case as yours. I recently started working with an INGO(less than 2 months) and recently (just a week ago) got an offer from my state polytechnic as lecturer III. although, the NGO job is a contract one with a pay that doubles the poly, its however, a contract job on a renewal basis. the contributions in your thread will also help me in making a decision, looking forward to much advice
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by usman3688(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
praxs:
I have a similar case as yours. I recently started working with an INGO(less than 2 months) and recently (just a week ago) got an offer from my state polytechnic as lecturer III. although, the NGO job is a contract one with a pay that doubles the poly, its however, a contract job on a renewal basis. the contributions in your thread will also help me in making a decision, looking forward to much advice

U knw I just discovered the lecturing job is not a full time one and the pay is not encouraging at all not even up to 45k but at least I've got something to keep my self busy for the mean time. A lot of people are out there without any.
Re: Government Job Or Private Job: Which Should I Go For? by usman3688(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
praxs:

(1) (Reply)

2018 Apply Now : Australian Government Fully Funded Scholarship Awards, 2018 / Funny Word Of The Day! / Most Beautiful Girl In KOGI STATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.